PDA

View Full Version : Does my Xstack with Y?

Dworkin_of_Amber
01-15-2008, 02:53 PM
Good Lord... I thought after all these months this would be settled.

Stacking Rules:

1) Feats Stack with Similar Feats (ie. Weap Foc + Great Weap Foc) *NOTE* - Toughness is the ONLY feat that can stack with itself (ie Mobility + Mobile Item does NOT give +8 while tumbling)
2) Racial & Class Enhancements stack, all others don't (ie Dwarf Armor Mastery + Fighter AM)
3) Items DO NOT STACK WITH EACH OTHER unless they use a different type of Bonus. Period. (ie Greater Potency 6 + Superior Combustion 7 = +50% on all Fire, +40% on all L6 and below. Items will use the highest mod possible from each, but do not stack with each other.)
4) Maximum Stacking: Feat(s) + Class Enhancement + Racial Enhancement + Item.
5) Spells Do Not Stack if they use the same type of Bonus (ie Bull's Strength is Enchantment, as is a +5 STR Belt = No Stack)
6) Exception: Dodge Bonuses Stack (as long as it is not 2x of the same Item. 2x Chattering Ring doesn't stack. Chattering Ring + Chaosguarde does stack)

Things to remember:
* Devotion & Potency do not stack. Any +xx% to spell type or all spells is treated as one "effect", so the max for each level/type is taken and applied. This is also true for Combustion/Lighting/etc items
* Lore Items (Single Line like Fire, Healing Lore, Arcane Lore) DO NOT STACK - Highest Lore Bonus for each type is used.
* +Save Item & Resistance items DO NOT STACK (They are the same type of bonus) - Highest Bonus for each Save is used.

Examples:

“Seeker” Effects:
* Power Critical (+4) [Feat] Stack with Fighter’s Critical Accuracy 4 (+8) [Enhancement] Stacks with Bloodstone (+6) [Item] = +18 to confirm Critical Hits
*NOTE: Seeker is special, in that ONLY Seeker from an Item will add to your Weapon Damage, pre-multiplier, on a Critical Hit

+Spell Points
*Mental Toughness (+75) [Feat] Stacks with Improved Mental Toughness (+70) [Feat] + Energy of the Zealot 4 (+85) [Enhancement] + Wizardry VI (+150) [Item] = +380 SP.
*Power Items, Wizardry Items, Magi Items are all the same type of bonus and DO NOT STACK

+Stats
* Rangers Dexterity 3 (+3) [Enhancement] Stacks with Elven Dexterity 2 (+2) [Enhancement] Stacks with Dextrous Boots (+6) [Item] = +11 Dexterity.
*Ranger Dexterity and Rogue Dexterity do NOT stack, they are both Class Enhancements.

+Spell Damage
* Maximize [Feat] + Empower [Feat] + Elemental Manipulation 4 (+40%) [Enhancement] + Greater Potency IV [Item]
*Potency, Devotion, Glaciation, Combustion, etc, are all the same type of bonus and DO NOT STACK
*However, the game will take the highest possible bonus from each item and apply them… so assume a Superior Combusion 7 Item and a Greater Potency 6, then you get +50% to all Fire Spells L7 and lower, and +40% to all other L6 and lower Spells

Spell Critical Chance
*Lineage of Deadly XXX [Enhancement] + XXX Lore Scepter [Item]
*Arcane Lore is *ALL* Spells, Arcane and Divine
*Healing Lore is all Cure/Heal Spells
*And similar to the Spell Damage items, the highest possible Spell Crit Chance & Multiplier is taken from all equipped items.

Devotion & Potency
*DO NOT STACK. They are the same Bonus!!!
*Devotion is all Cure/Heal Spells.
*Potency is *ALL* Spells
*Potency is better! (It works on Cometfall, Blade Barrier, etc)

Items
*Most all items use one type of Bonus. (Enhancement for Stats, Competence for Skills, Resistance for Saves, etc.)
*If an item uses a different type of Bonus, it will stack.
*ie. +13 Disable Goggles (Competence) + Ventilated Bracers (Enhancement) + Head of Good Fortune (Luck) + Greater Heroism (Morale) + Rogue's Skill Boost (Miscellaneous)
*"Armor Bonus" Items (Commonly Robes & Bracers, such as the Black Widow Bracers) are incorrectly types in DDO. They actually count as 'Armor' Bonus, *NOT* Deflection Bonus. Thus, if you wear any type of Armor (Padded to Full Plate), then an Armor Bonus Item will NOT stack with it.
*"Armor Bonus" Items (Armor) DO stack with Protection Items (Deflection)

Ironwind
01-15-2008, 03:44 PM
Are you certain that the 9% crit chance with lineage of elements 3 stacks with the 9% crit chance of a Superior Fire Lore item?
18% crit chance?
Really?

Mad_Bombardier
01-15-2008, 03:59 PM
Are you certain that the 9% crit chance with lineage of elements 3 stacks with the 9% crit chance of a Superior Fire Lore item?
18% crit chance?
Really?Yes, really.

Ironwind
01-15-2008, 05:01 PM
Yes, really.

Burn baby burn!

Dworkin_of_Amber
01-16-2008, 10:14 AM
Just like the Gauntlets of Eternity from the Stormreaver stack with Prayer of Life / Prayer of Incredible life, to give my Cleric an 18% chance to crit for 2.5x on all of his Cure & Heal Spells.... That's how a 13/1 Cleric can hit 600+ HP Heals!

Cambo
01-17-2008, 09:41 AM
Was sure Potency stacked with cumbustion etc....
it was described that way by a Dev once...unless it has been changed since.

Edit:Ok I see from many threads that you are correect in the non stacking of these...but could have sworn it stacked once upon a time >12 months ago ??

Shade
01-17-2008, 10:39 AM
3) Items DO NOT STACK WITH EACH OTHER. Period. (ie Greater Potency 6 + Superior Combustion 7 = +50% on all Fire, +40% on all L6 and below. Items will use the highest mod possible from each, but do not stack with each other.

Important general rule that applies to that should be mentioned:
Item stacking depens on bonus type, like bonuses do not stack, but diferent bonus types do.

Examples: +6 Strength Item - this grants an enchantment bonus, so it does stack with items like the littany of the dead which provides +1 profane bonus to strength. Or spells like rage, which provides +2 morale bonus to strength. As well as madstone rage - which is an untype bonus and thus stacks with everything - even itself. And bloodrage also.. Tho to add confusion to all these rules - one stage of bloodrage, the +2/2 portion does not stack with one part of madstone rage.

Or another: a +4 resistance item doesn't stack with say Stability - which is +2 resistance to saves.. But does stack with the belt of togue - because it provides a competance bonus to enchantment saves, rather then general resistance.

So yea no bonus types stack except: Dodge Bonuses and Untyped bonuses.

Ranger Dexterity and Rogue Dexterity do NOT stack, they are both Class Enhancements.

This isn't really a matter of stacking, so much as it's just against the enhancement rules. Once you select one class stat enhancement - others are all greyed out and no no longer selectable. So its not that you cant stack them, it's that its impossible to have both at once. Basicly the game actively prevents you from selecting any non-stackable enhancements.

crschoen
01-27-2008, 01:35 PM
Just like the Gauntlets of Eternity from the Stormreaver stack with Prayer of Life / Prayer of Incredible life, to give my Cleric an 18% chance to crit for 2.5x on all of his Cure & Heal Spells.... That's how a 13/1 Cleric can hit 600+ HP Heals!

I tested this out. I did not have "Prayer of Life" enhancements. I do have the Gauntlets of Eternity. I cast Cure Moderate Wounds on myself 50 times and 5 of them were crits (10%). This is roughly what I would expect from the gauntlets (9%).

I then reset my enhancements and this time took the "Prayer of Life" chain. I cast Cure Moderate Wound on Myself 50 times and got 5 crits again.

Please test out yourself and confirm.

Mad_Bombardier
01-27-2008, 02:59 PM
I then reset my enhancements and this time took the "Prayer of Life" chain. I cast Cure Moderate Wound on Myself 50 times and got 5 crits again.

Please test out yourself and confirm.50 is not a valid sample size. Try again with 5000 and tell us your % crits.

GreenGurgler
01-30-2008, 05:45 PM
OK, I read the whole thing but I cant figure this one out:

Does the greater enchamtment focus on Dreamspitter spear stack with the Bard feat Greater Spell Focus: enchantment for a total of +4 save DC ???

Cambo
01-30-2008, 10:46 PM
OK, I read the whole thing but I cant figure this one out:

Does the greater enchamtment focus on Dreamspitter spear stack with the Bard feat Greater Spell Focus: enchantment for a total of +4 save DC ???

Yes - Feats and enhancements stack with items

4) Maximum Stacking: Feat(s) + Class Enhancement + Racial Enhancement + Item.

Ummm....except for the Mobiltiy feat on armour which does not give you +8 to AC when tumbling.
(Mobility feats do not stack if you take them as feats either...toughness does and so items with toughness stack with the feat...)
Feats on armour behave like the real things except they do not count as pre-requisits for other feats and enhancments (ie mobility on armour does not allow you to take spring attack (regardless if you have dodge as well) and toughness feat on armour does not let you select toughness enhancments

Cambo
01-30-2008, 10:47 PM
50 is not a valid sample size. Try again with 5000 and tell us your % crits.

Come on....1000 is probalby and acceptable sample size. ;)

Dworkin_of_Amber
01-31-2008, 08:52 AM
Yes - Feats and enhancements stack with items

Ummm....except for the Mobiltiy feat on armour which does not give you +8 to AC when tumbling.
(Mobility feats do not stack if you take them as feats either...toughness does and so items with toughness stack with the feat...)
Feats on armour behave like the real things except they do not count as pre-requisits for other feats and enhancments (ie mobility on armour does not allow you to take spring attack (regardless if you have dodge as well) and toughness feat on armour does not let you select toughness enhancments

Yes, you are correct... but think it out. The Items you are referring to (like the ones that grant Mobility or Precise Shot or such) are Items that are granting a Feat. So it really counts as a Feat, or as if you took that feat at a Level-up. The only non-epic feat that I know of that stacks with itself is Toughness. Just as 2 identical feats cannot stack, nor could 2 identical enhancements (which you could call 2 different class enhancements that grant the same bonus type as "identical enhancements").

All stacking is subject to the core rules of what can be taken more than once.

So the rule to add to the list is:
Feats: Only Toughness Stacks multiple times.

Mad_Bombardier
01-31-2008, 08:53 AM
Come on....1000 is probalby and acceptable sample size. ;)You're right. That's a typo. Yeah... that's the ticket; a typo! :D

Cambo
01-31-2008, 04:26 PM
Yes, you are correct... but think it out. The Items you are referring to (like the ones that grant Mobility or Precise Shot or such) are Items that are granting a Feat. So it really counts as a Feat, or as if you took that feat at a Level-up. The only non-epic feat that I know of that stacks with itself is Toughness. Just as 2 identical feats cannot stack, nor could 2 identical enhancements (which you could call 2 different class enhancements that grant the same bonus type as "identical enhancements").

All stacking is subject to the core rules of what can be taken more than once.

So the rule to add to the list is:
Feats: Only Toughness Stacks multiple times.

LOL the Ummm was for my comment...no complaints on your information its all good thanks...

AnubisPrime
03-15-2008, 07:49 AM
Would healing lore on a scepter or Gauntlets of Eternity stack with the Cleric Prayer of Life and Cleric Prayer of Incredible Life enhancements to increase crit multiplier? My thought process is that they would since one is an item and the others are enhancements? I also have the Gauntlets and both of those enhancements.

(Edit: I noted the the 'test' done above but I haven't tested it myself, but has anyone else had success?)

Mad_Bombardier
03-15-2008, 09:03 AM
Would healing lore on a scepter or Gauntlets of Eternity stack with the Cleric Prayer of Life and Cleric Prayer of Incredible Life enhancements to increase crit multiplier? My thought process is that they would since one is an item and the others are enhancements? I also have the Gauntlets and both of those enhancements.

(Edit: I noted the the 'test' done above but I haven't tested it myself, but has anyone else had success?)Yes, it does. Max 18% crit for x2.75.

AnubisPrime
03-15-2008, 04:13 PM
Fantastic! Thanks so much!