PDA

View Full Version : Armor Preview

thatguy
01-14-2008, 06:48 PM
I was wondering if it would be possible to be able to see the skin on any given suit of armor before you purchase it, whether it be from the auction house or from a vendor. Maybe something as simple as when you move your mouse over the armor it just shows the suit of armor in detail in the focus cube giving you an idea on whether you want to buy it or not. A lot of times I buy armor and it is butt ugly and don't wear it. If I knew what it looked like before I bought I wouldn't have that problem.

Thanks

Bradik_Losdar
01-14-2008, 10:16 PM
This is an idea which has been asked for about a million times already and (unfortunately) ignored by the develoment team a million times.

A lot of people really want this in game but for some reason it isn't even being acknowledged.

Honestly, how hard is this to do? Anyone? Devs? Bueller?

thatguy
01-15-2008, 11:18 AM
This is an idea which has been asked for about a million times already and (unfortunately) ignored by the develoment team a million times.

A lot of people really want this in game but for some reason it isn't even being acknowledged.

Honestly, how hard is this to do? Anyone? Devs? Bueller?

I really wish we could hear some news on this. Does not, as you have stated, sound like something that is hard to do or is unreasonable. So, what gives?

rockcrown
01-15-2008, 11:43 AM
Yup, this is something I have wanted for a long time also. Same for shields/robes etc. The only armor I would buy on the AH would be chainshirt since for the most part they are all the same skin and decent looking. Hate to spend some plat on a mith fp, to find out it is pink.

Although it works in your favor if you are the one selling the pink mfp! LOL

aldan
01-15-2008, 11:44 AM
Them how the heck am I going to sell all my ugly armor to some poor unsuspecting invididual?

thatguy
01-15-2008, 11:47 AM
Them how the heck am I going to sell all my ugly armor to some poor unsuspecting invididual?

I was that poor unsuspecting individual. :D

Hvymetal
01-15-2008, 12:06 PM
First let me say I love this idea, second I have a question, for the love of (insert applicable diety here) which house/country had Pink as a uniform color? And why did they employ soooooo many Warforged? There is a large surplus of Pink Docents in Stormreach.

Turial
01-15-2008, 12:15 PM
First let me say I love this idea, second I have a question, for the love of (insert applicable diety here) which house/country had Pink as a uniform color? And why did they employ soooooo many Warforged? There is a large surplus of Pink Docents in Stormreach.

The gnomes used to turn those docent out in large numbers before they inexplicably vanished after a large warforged mob found their wandering home city. Might explain why we will never get gnomes...

Delzon
01-15-2008, 12:37 PM
Why don't they just put in the ability to have your armor "cleaned" and a template of your armor pops up so you can redesign it using the styles they have and then you can color it how you want too. Maybe it would have to be a bound item to do this but that would be ok. In City of Heroes you could go have an outfit made the way you want with all their crazy templates. Even in Star Wars Galaxies you could color your droids and speeders how you wanted.

On the same note why don't we have cloaks or capes like they do in Lord of the Rings Online?

GreyRogue
01-15-2008, 12:40 PM
On the same note why don't we have cloaks or capes like they do in Lord of the Rings Online?
Agreed. LOTRO also has a "fitting room" that pops up when you are at a vendor so you can see how your character will look in that new cloak you're considering.

thatguy
01-15-2008, 01:47 PM

Hmm maybe its the house of window treatments and curtains.

Heladron
01-15-2008, 01:58 PM
I'm almost to the point of not wearing armor because all of the armor I get looks horrible. I have so much horrible looking armor it's embarrassing to wear. :( I would love to see what it looks like before I put it on so I don't waste my time with it.

The_Phenx
01-15-2008, 02:17 PM
I have some very ugly and a couple very nice looking sets... I give the ugly ones away to lowbies

thatguy
01-15-2008, 02:23 PM
I'm almost to the point of not wearing armor because all of the armor I get looks horrible. I have so much horrible looking armor it's embarrassing to wear. :( I would love to see what it looks like before I put it on so I don't waste my time with it.

I hear ya, I finally started wearing armor that is butt ugly but useful because I very rarely get armor with nice skins on it. *sigh*

rockcrown
01-15-2008, 02:58 PM
my first pull of +5 mfp was, what i consider, "mint chocolate chip" in color. It was the perfect set of armor for my dwarf fighter, however do to shame and the need to "look good". i refused to wear it.. LOL. Finally I found someone who would swap skins with me....

Now that more armor is coming into the market, its easier to hold out for that skin you want. Much harder then it was 1 year ago when +5 FULL PLATE was rare..

sure its +5 mfp, but does it look good??? NO? then i'll pass.. muahahahaha

Nitestalker
01-15-2008, 03:01 PM
Bah I wish i had the discretion and the loot to be able to say, that one is ugly, I will wear a different one. Maybe the loot gods are jsut not that nice to me. :P

MrCow
01-15-2008, 03:08 PM
for the love of (insert applicable diety here) which house/country had Pink as a uniform color?

The hidden House Rowanheal. ;)

Deragoth
01-15-2008, 03:09 PM

I agree! How the heck am I going to pawn off my pink +5 mithy full plate if you guys can preview it on the auction house?

McGraham
01-15-2008, 03:27 PM
All you vain people. It's not appearance but function!

Who cares what the armor looks like as long as it stops arrows, or other damage?

"Oh! I can't go on that quest, I look like **** in this armor!" Puleeese. :rolleyes:

thatguy
01-15-2008, 07:31 PM
All you vain people. It's not appearance but function!

Who cares what the armor looks like as long as it stops arrows, or other damage?

"Oh! I can't go on that quest, I look like **** in this armor!" Puleeese. :rolleyes:

I am sorry, I WILL NOT been seen around Stormreach in less then tasteful armor, what would the Joneses say? Function is good but if its good armor, why not have it looking good to boot? :)

Litz
01-15-2008, 07:42 PM
Umm I swear I read somewhere they had hinted that when crafting is implimented one thing you can craft is a redo on your armor apearances.. Not sweating it though I look good even with nothing on..

captain1z
01-15-2008, 07:44 PM
good Idea.....

I refuse to wear armor ...no matter how uber....... if it looks like a rust monster spit it out.

thatguy
01-15-2008, 07:54 PM
Umm I swear I read somewhere they had hinted that when crafting is implimented one thing you can craft is a redo on your armor apearances.. Not sweating it though I look good even with nothing on..

Well I am totally down with that.