PDA

View Full Version : Article of the wf Whulff by creator.

Whulffer
01-14-2008, 04:33 PM
This is a thread about the atactics and build of a WF I'v e been playing for a few months.

"Whulff" is a build variation I build from currently existing concepts and I've worked on these and new ideas to produce favorable results and perhaps remarkable results for a "divine camper".
Intro to the concept Divine/Camper.
To those who are not familiar with the term divine for builds, it's my understanding a build with either levels of cleric, ranger, druid, monk, or pally. A camper is a player/toon which runs through a quest, carrying aggro ( a train of mobs behind) fully buffed up and throws down a firewall, blade barrier, adic cloud, cloud kill or other aoe toe spell and survives in it. Many casters jump and run around in their spell in attempt to kill the mobs within over the next few seconds. Some believe only a true camper can sit/shield block in the area of effect and not move, except to heal, rebuff or debuff. This build delivers results to this school of thought.

Heres the over all, and then we'll get into the nitty gritty.

This is a dps build built for surviving the extreme. My toon has no pk, or any insta death spells.

Heres my deal. This toon has 226 hp, easily above 240 when buffed. I can self heal anywhere from 140-250 hp with a 2 second cool down timer (reconstruct), I'm immune to poison, desiese, flesh to stone, elemental hold, hold person, abbot stone box, negative levels, much negative energy, the lowest save is 28 unbuffed! When I cast just buff (greater hero) my lowest save becomes 32. Sr19, 100percent fort, my ac hang around 27, which is just a side effect. When I'm going to camp I keep all resist on with displacement blur, stone skin, fire shields, shield spell, & GH & shield block, with either Madstone Shield, or the Fanion.
With the sheild block feat, my dr for shield blocking with stoneskin is and Mastone rests at about 30-33de, with Fanion about 28-30dr. I switch to Fanion to recast stoneskin when the timing is right, or to reset a firewall while camping (easier now with extend but taxing on sp). My concentration with a 10 item and gh is 37 with no feats or enhancements invested.

My spell points were about 1750 (with skiver, 1550 without), they were lowered again once replaced a mental toughness for extend, and then again I took another feat for pvp. With this build I've solo'd and two maned the Litany of the Dead preraid quest countless times (preferably with another wf sorc), I solo'd velah from when she was at -20 percent to her health (the rest of the party wiped ( im not sure the difficulty or if i could produce a screen, and have not in part since I do not promote excessive bragging), and I brought her down from 80 percent, it was amazing one player noted. I sed fire resist, gh, fire pro, reconstruct, coc and sat somewhere off a little to the right. I no longer carry disintegrate, my fire walls are A1. The pally levels allow the great saves, at second level pally the feat divine grace is granted and gives all saves a bonus equal to the charisma modifier. The first pally level also grants a few bonuses and hp.

My boy's end stats.

10 str(9+1inherent)
22 dex (14+2inherent+6item)
24 con (16+1+1feat+6item)
12 int (11+1inherent)
14 wis (6+2inhrent+6helm)
30 charisma (19+2inherent+3feat+6item)

hp:226
Natural (items always worn while running around town (HOGF & BOTI) and then again with Gh
28/32 reflex save,
28/32 will save
32/36 fort save
Skills thats I'm putting down because I think they matter the most and again with gh
Concentration 33/37
Balance 13/17
UMD 25.5/29.5
I wear the head of good forture (for wf means heavy fort) for the +2 luck bonus to skills and: titan goggles + 10 concentration, Titan glove +5 umd (I raise on a roll of 7 right now).

Sp: 1572: 1386 with sup potency 5 (use Skiver to buff).
Without extend and the other feat I've kept silent my sp were about 150 without Skiver and 1750 with Skiver. I know other great sorc players who have gone lower in sp in order to gain greater ability it's what I choose to do as well, after playing my toon for a few months. I'm comfortable with 1500 but may consider another mental toughness in the upcoming mod.

I've mastered all fire spec's minus 1, and use sup potency 5 for fw with greater acrane lore docent and Fanion in my offhand, which comes with magi and greater faselife. I never go below magi.Skiver is traded for shield after sp are expended.

Here an export without items, I encourage players who are interested in creating a new toon to consider this.

Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 2.60
DDO Character Planner Home Page (http://www.rjcyberware.com/DDO)

Whulffman Returns
Level 14 Lawful Good Warforged Male
(2 Paladin \ 12 Sorcerer)
Hit Points: 144
Spell Points: 1191
BAB: 8\8\13
Fortitude: 19
Reflex: 15
Will: 15

Starting Ending Feat/Enhancement
Abilities Base Stats Base Stats Modified Stats
(32 Point) (Level 1) (Level 14) (Level 14)
Strength 9 10 10
Dexterity 14 16 16
Constitution 16 17 18
Intelligence 11 12 12
Wisdom 6 8 8
Charisma 16 21 24

Tomes Used
+1 Tome of Strength used at level 1
+1 Tome of Constitution used at level 1
+1 Tome of Intelligence used at level 1
+2 Tome of Dexterity used at level 14
+2 Tome of Wisdom used at level 14
+2 Tome of Charisma used at level 14

Starting Ending Feat/Enhancement
Base Skills Base Skills Modified Skills
Skills (Level 1) (Level 14) (Level 14)
Balance 2 11 11
Bluff 3 7 7
Concentration 7 19 19
Diplomacy 3 7 7
Disable Device n/a n/a n/a
Haggle 3 7 7
Heal -2 -1 -1
Hide 2 3 3
Intimidate 3 7 7
Jump 0 0 0
Listen -2 -1 -1
Move Silently 2 3 3
Open Lock n/a n/a n/a
Perform n/a n/a n/a
Repair 1 1 1
Search 1 1 1
Spot -2 -1 -1
Swim 0 0 0
Tumble n/a n/a n/a
Use Magic Device 5 15 15

Level 1 (Sorcerer)
Skill: Concentration (+4)
Skill: Use Magic Device (+2)
Feat: (Selected) Empower Spell
Feat: (Automatic) Attack
Feat: (Automatic) Composite Plating
Feat: (Automatic) Heroic Durability
Feat: (Automatic) Light Fortification
Feat: (Automatic) Magical Training
Feat: (Automatic) Simple Weapon Proficiency (ALL)
Feat: (Automatic) Sneak
Feat: (Automatic) Warforged Resistances
Spell (1): Jump
Spell (1): Niac's Cold Ray
Enhancement: Sorcerer Elemental Manipulation I
Enhancement: Sorcerer Energy of the Dragonblooded I
Enhancement: Warforged Construct Thinking I

Level 2 (Sorcerer)
Skill: Balance (+1)
Skill: Concentration (+1)
Feat: (Automatic) Defensive Fighting
Feat: (Automatic) Divine Grace
Feat: (Automatic) Lay on Hands
Enhancement: Sorcerer Improved Empowering I
Enhancement: Sorcerer Charisma I

Level 3 (Paladin)
Skill: Use Magic Device (+1)
Feat: (Selected) Maximize Spell
Feat: (Automatic) Aura of Courage
Feat: (Automatic) Aura of Good
Feat: (Automatic) Divine Health
Feat: (Automatic) Fear Immunity
Feat: (Automatic) Heavy Armor Proficiency
Feat: (Automatic) Light Armor Proficiency
Feat: (Automatic) Martial Weapon Proficiency (ALL)
Feat: (Automatic) Medium Armor Proficiency
Feat: (Automatic) Shield Proficiency (General)
Feat: (Automatic) Smite Evil
Feat: (Automatic) Sunder
Feat: (Automatic) Trip
Enhancement: Sorcerer Improved Maximize I
Enhancement: Warforged Constitution I

Level 4 (Sorcerer)
Ability Raise: CHA
Feat: (Automatic) Turn Undead
Spell (1): Burning Hands
Enhancement: Sorcerer Lineage of Elements I

Level 5 (Sorcerer)
Spell (2): Resist Energy
Enhancement: Sorcerer Elemental Manipulation II

Level 6 (Sorcerer)
Skill: Use Magic Device (+0.5)
Feat: (Selected) Shield Mastery
Feat: (Automatic) Remove Disease
Spell (2): Scorching Ray
Enhancement: Sorcerer Lineage of Deadly Elements I
Enhancement: Sorcerer Energy of the Dragonblooded II

Level 7 (Sorcerer)
Spell (3): Haste
Enhancement: Sorcerer Improved Empowering II
Enhancement: Sorcerer Improved Maximize II
Enhancement: Warforged Construct Thinking II

Level 8 (Sorcerer)
Skill: Balance (+0.5)
Spell (2): Blur
Spell (3): Protection From Energy
Enhancement: Sorcerer Lineage of Elements II
Enhancement: Sorcerer Elemental Manipulation III

Level 9 (Sorcerer)
Feat: (Selected) Extend Spell
Spell (4): Wall of Fire
Enhancement: Sorcerer Charisma II

Level 10 (Sorcerer)
Spell (2): Melf's Acid Arrow
Spell (3): Displacement
Spell (4): Stoneskin
Enhancement: Sorcerer Lineage of Deadly Elements II

Level 11 (Sorcerer)
Spell (5): Cone of Cold
Enhancement: Sorcerer Elemental Manipulation IV

Level 12 (Sorcerer)
Feat: (Selected) Mental Toughness
Spell (3): Fireball
Spell (4): Fire Shield
Spell (5): Teleport
Enhancement: Sorcerer Energy of the Dragonblooded III

Level 13 (Paladin)
Enhancement: Sorcerer Lineage of Elements III
Enhancement: Warforged Inscribed Armor I

Level 14 (Sorcerer)
Skill: Concentration (+3)
Spell (6): Reconstruct
Enhancement: Sorcerer Charisma III

Gear:
Here is the item make up I use +6 wis helm ( I actually gave it to a different toon, so I use 5 atm, but am looking forward to von completion) I use +6 con belt, (occasionally switched to the Lion-headed Belt Buckle (+4con+4str)if I'm carrying a ton of armors to sell) , The Seven Fingered Gloves (from the Titan -5 asf +5 UMD), The Head of Good Fortune (Moderate fort+ stacking wf fort = heavy fort + 2 to all skills and saves) Boot sof the innocent (sometimes in pvp I switch to Firestorm Greaves) +19 sr ring (which switches out for +4 resistance ring when I take of Boots of the Innocent to apply Firestorm Greeves), a Ring of the Djinn (absorbs 33% of electrical resistance after all protections), the Blue Dragon Scale Docent ( I use clickies since docent switch like robes: Docent of the Flames for Nightshield and also titan doc for the titan shield), Inferno Bracers for the +6 dex. My neck spot is open for the Torc! I am still on the hunt for this item(which grant a chance for free sp when you are hit, excellent for camper)! For my hands i enter the quest with a sup potency 5 & Skiver, or Skiver and Fanion (+200/400 sp doubles for sorc), once my sp are used, usually buffing, I switch out the Skiver for Fanion (magi & greater falselife + some shield benefits & no asf ) I've eaten a +2 dex, +2 wis,+2 cha, +1str & +1 int tomes. I ate the +1 int tome at levels one to gain greater skills.

The build has excelled at solo adventure, surviving extreme circumstances where most other toons could easily fall, fighter and barb alike (ex. old inferno and the electric room in the tor, and old Storm Reaver days), soloing, and of course camping. With racial benefits like immunity to level drain ghosts of perdition is a blast, but I no longer carry disintegrate so focus on killing the waves of mobs. I group for the vast majority within guild and with my friends. This being the case people know my strengths and weaknesses, so there is never a point where no-one can disintegrate anything, or kill something with the heal or blade barrier spell. My toon is very useful and enjoyed by my friends and groups i associate with, known in the tavern brawls as being a very strong t pvp. A few players have built similar toons, attracted to the competence and ability of the toon. I also reconstruct other warforged often, especially while short manning or two manning quests.

Imo It's what you do with what you got that makes a player, but I believe this toon has a lot to offer to a good player. He has turned out in good light, I'm happy with the attribute point distribution and there I regret nothing. Some prefer to take 3 levels of pally, prefer just the 2 levels. My character Whulffman was crated shortly before Risia took characters from regular servers an input them into risia for the 3rd Litany of the Dead. As he was level 6 in that time of Risia. He does well in this mod, more wf are being created nowadays all the time. Whulffman will have a real bio written soon, he is reborn from my old wf pally Whulffer.