PDA

View Full Version : Healing/Repair potions

liamfrancais
01-14-2008, 10:50 AM
I scoured the forums and could not find an answer to this question (ok I looked for 2 minutes) is there any way to increase the amount of healing /repair the potions give. I have heard it said such and such a house has better potions but to tell you the truth they are all disappointing does your repair/heal skill have any effect on this or are the potions just underpowered. I have also found that on average a heal mod potion will do 4-5 point less healing then a serious pot for less then half the cost. Now the tastiumist hams are great but in middle of a battle can't afford to be stunned for 12 seconds.

Mercules
01-14-2008, 11:13 AM
I scoured the forums and could not find an answer to this question (ok I looked for 2 minutes) is there any way to increase the amount of healing /repair the potions give. I have heard it said such and such a house has better potions but to tell you the truth they are all disappointing does your repair/heal skill have any effect on this or are the potions just underpowered. I have also found that on average a heal mod potion will do 4-5 point less healing then a serious pot for less then half the cost. Now the tastiumist hams are great but in middle of a battle can't afford to be stunned for 12 seconds.

You are not supposed to have unlimited HPs in D&D, DDO didn't seem to be developed with this in mind. You are running into two conflicting ideas and what came out of them. I think the Human enhancement Human Improved Recovery -might- work on CxW potions, but I can't confirm it.

Hvymetal
01-14-2008, 11:14 AM
As far as I know (and I buy pots from whichever vendor is nearest, so I've hit them all) is that a cure/repair serious,mod, light is just the same as another and no way to increase that except maybe the Human helaing enhancement? (I don;t have a human so don;t know bout that).

liamfrancais
01-14-2008, 11:32 AM
You are not supposed to have unlimited HPs in D&D, DDO didn't seem to be developed with this in mind. You are running into two conflicting ideas and what came out of them. I think the Human enhancement Human Improved Recovery -might- work on CxW potions, but I can't confirm it.

Hmm only humans I have are a paladin and cleric so never checked it out on them will try it though. I know you shouldn't have unlimited HP but for 800 gp approx. I think you should get 2x's the healing of a 300 gp potion oh wait there is too much gold in the economy never mind I said that.

arminius
01-14-2008, 11:40 AM
For a character of over 300 hp (and many, many have that now), Cure Serious potions are like peeing in a river to watch it rise.

I hope they have plans for Cure Critical potions to be sold at the vendors sometime in the future.... If not, then kiss the whole "self-sufficiency" model that is so in vogue these days goodbye....

_

liamfrancais
01-14-2008, 11:48 AM
For a character of over 300 hp (and many, many have that now), Cure Serious potions are like peeing in a river to watch it rise.

I hope they have plans for Cure Critical potions to be sold at the vendors sometime in the future.... If not, then kiss the whole "self-sufficiency" model that is so in vogue these days goodbye....

_

Yeah cure critical should do oh I dont know if we go by previous models 25 to 30 hp restored for 1200 gp each. At least offer all levels of repair/heal pots at the vendors so you dont have to run all over the place to get cure mods you could get rid of all those other pots that help spell ability for like 30 seconds, hmm or was that the plan (people are lazy wont run to marketplace when they can get pots here even if they do only 1/4 more healing at 2/3 more cost.)

Impaqt
01-14-2008, 11:53 AM
You want more bang for your buck? Buy some Wands and/or Scrolls for your cleric! Not only are the wands and scrolls cheaper per charge, the cleric most likely has the wnad/scroll enhancment to get even more out of them.

Mad_Bombardier
01-14-2008, 11:56 AM
I, too, am a big fan of Cure Moderate Potions for non-combat healing. An average of 6.5 less healing (-22%) for less than half the cost is nice. CSW is still needed for midcombat healing.

Two enhancements you can take for improving the potion output are Human Improved Recovery and WF Healer's Friend. However, they are only available to 2 races and only work on CureXWounds potions (WF would be silly not to drink repair potions, anyway). So, that just leaves Humans. And even then, it's +10/20/30%, for a maximum increase of 8HP from a CSW pot.

liamfrancais
01-14-2008, 12:02 PM
Problem is not my cleric or paladin or sorc really it is my WF. Cleric heals help but they have a whole crew to keep up to waste twice the mana on me (I do have healers friend one and two) carry wands to give to casters but come on when the battles on they are doing just that battling not worrying if I need a repair and if after a fight I say can you repair me with that wand I gave you do they oblige, not all but most, not a slam on others roles are roles and you get into one thing it is hard to switch to something else.

honkuimushi
01-15-2008, 02:30 AM
One thing you can do is take a level or two of Wizard. With 1 level of Wizard, you can use all arcane wands. You'll still need Repair Serious pots for in combat healing, but in between battles you can use Repair Moderate and Repair Serious wands, which are a lot cheaper. You can also use your spell points for repair Light spells for free. You can take an enhancement at level 1 which increases your repair spells by 10% and at level 2, you can take an enhancement to increase your wand healing by 10%. If you get a reconstruction item, that will increase the healing you get from your spells as well.

Ghoste
01-15-2008, 03:23 AM
Problem is not my cleric or paladin or sorc really it is my WF. Cleric heals help but they have a whole crew to keep up to waste twice the mana on me (I do have healers friend one and two) carry wands to give to casters but come on when the battles on they are doing just that battling not worrying if I need a repair and if after a fight I say can you repair me with that wand I gave you do they oblige, not all but most, not a slam on others roles are roles and you get into one thing it is hard to switch to something else.

Find some wf casters and get on their good side.

NEVER make the mistake of giving repair wands/scrolls to a fleshling caster. They will say they will repair you, but where will that wand/scroll be when you need it? Up their nose, that's where. No exceptions, fleshling casters are not capable of thinking about health bars, hard as they may try to.

Hvymetal
01-15-2008, 03:27 AM

NEVER make the mistake of giving repair wands/scrolls to a fleshling caster. They will say they will repair you, but where will that wand/scroll be when you need it? Up their nose, that's where. No exceptions, fleshling casters are not capable of thinking about health bars, hard as they may try to.
Thats ok, neithers my WF Cleric:)

Ghoste
01-15-2008, 03:31 AM
Thats ok, neithers my WF Cleric:)
As it should be. You worry about emptying the monster health bars.

liamfrancais
01-15-2008, 07:59 AM

Thanks for the advice and the laugh.

Kreaper
01-15-2008, 08:51 AM
Heal skill has no impact on the amount of healing you get from pots.

Cure critical pots? It is a great idea except I can't imagine what they would charge for them. The cost of heal/repair pots needs to be lowered to be more in line with the cost of wands. Especially since more and more clerics are wanting to battle and not heal.

Turial
01-15-2008, 10:12 AM
There is also a necklace (finger necklace or something) that increases healing done to you by 10%. That covers pots just like the healing enhancments do.

Oreg
01-15-2008, 10:20 AM
UMD and Heal scrolls for the win :)

kruggar
01-15-2008, 10:22 AM
Per PnP rules potions are limited to 3rd lvl spells only.

So i think it will be dificult to find cure critical potions in the near future.
Wands are limited in lvl 4 spells.

Best way to gain a big healing in combat is give your cleric heal scrolls and for WFed give the casters Reconstruct Scrolls for middle combat.

Im sure they will be glad to toss a big heal/repair on u, they love 3 digit numbers :)

Vorn
01-15-2008, 10:38 AM
Hee, hee, loved the WF comments: emptying the enemies health bars...very nice!:)

I was disappointed to find that 400 Silver Flame favor opened up the possiblity to buy potions that cure 100 or 250 but give a big minus to stats/saves and slow for 30 seconds. Their base cost is 2000 and 4000 gp respectively. I'm not sure of their utility. Even between fights for the 30 seconds of impairment you could down 20 or so cure mod potions and that may even be cheaper? Does anyone use those silver flame potions?

Mercules
01-15-2008, 11:24 AM
The true solution would be to remove the extra HPs. Remove the enhancements, drop Toughness back down to PnP standards(yes, it's based off an alternate rule), and drop the damage mobs do in one swing. Wow... suddenly CMW and CSW potions are more useful as are the wands. :p

rockcrown
01-15-2008, 11:28 AM
UMD and Heal scrolls for the win :)

heh agreed, I didn't know people still use CSWs after say... level 10. Only time I use them is on toons with less then 220hp. Even my cleric doesn't use them. Easier for me to have a stack of heal scrolls.