PDA

View Full Version : (Plea to devs)monk animation

lordjay
01-11-2008, 09:43 AM
I beg the devs,that,when,and if the monk is released plz, plz!Change the unarmed attack animation for the monk.After all the're years of hard training they should be set apart from all the other classes.They should be flashy and graceful,hell,throw in a chop or two,maybe a sick spinning wheel kick!But whatever it is Plz dont use the same current lame unarmed animation.I also believe they should get different animations for different skills(ie)Ki strike should look dirrerent then a normal blow,maybe even have a glowing magical look to it.And lastly i would hope the the monks base combat stance is also different then all the other classes.I believe that these visual effects will graetly improve the monk experience!:cool:

honkuimushi
01-11-2008, 04:24 PM
I believe this was the reason they said monks were taking so long. They have to do a complete set of animations for every race in the game. I can't remember who said it, and it's long gone with the forum purge, but one of the devs said that with monks, they want unarmed attacks to look really cool and just having the same unarmed animations as evryone else would be dissapointing. Look at all the other weapon animations, especially the quarterstaff, they go from simple to complex. I would assume the monk unarmed attack would do the same. But the devs have also said that new artwork and animations are some of the most time consuming changes for this game.

Mad_Bombardier
01-11-2008, 04:26 PM
What are you talking about? Unarmed combat rocks! "Jab - Left Hook - Kick in the Junk!" :D

Boulderun
01-11-2008, 05:29 PM
You only need one animation - the Chuck Norris Roundhouse Kick (counts as Greater Everything Bane).

Twerpp
01-11-2008, 05:47 PM
Monks should be animated exactly like SFII characters depending on who their race/color/gender most closely matches. Also you will need to re-release DDO with a joystick and 6 buttons. METSU HADOUKEN FTW! (you may need to adjust cooldown times on these)