PDA

View Full Version : New Load Screen?

Lavabeing
01-09-2008, 12:23 PM
When was the new load screen added? It must have been in the last 24 hours or so, but I didn't see any mention of it.

Here it is for those who haven't logged on today.

http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/5352/ddomodulesplashqb9.jpg

RACRGUY
01-09-2008, 12:30 PM
disregard

Yaga_Nub
01-09-2008, 12:30 PM
Well I guess that answers the number of quests question that has been asked repeatedly.

RACRGUY
01-09-2008, 12:32 PM
and it still says january :)

Impaqt
01-09-2008, 12:33 PM
Well I guess that answers the number of quests question that has been asked repeatedly.

Not really since there are multiple quests within the raid area ( I suspect it will be similar to the Abbot Preraid where its 1 "Dungeon" with 4 Quests.)

Coldin
01-09-2008, 12:36 PM
That's definitely new. They must have put it up just a bit ago.

I'm slightly disappointed by only being 5 new dungeons. I can only assume that the twelve man raid area is really huge, and is like 4 quests in one.

Btw, that picture is a tad odd. The giant and ranger seem to be fighting, but the two female spell casters look like they're just spectating.

Yaga_Nub
01-09-2008, 12:38 PM
That's definitely new. They must have put it up just a bit ago.

I'm slightly disappointed by only being 5 new dungeons. I can only assume that the twelve man raid area is really huge, and is like 4 quests in one.

Btw, that picture is a tad odd. The giant and ranger seem to be fighting, but the two female spell casters look like they're just spectating.

I hope the raid zone is like 20 quests in one. :)

Coldin
01-09-2008, 12:44 PM
I hope the raid zone is like 20 quests in one. :)

Haha, would you really want that though? I can bet you're already going to have to run through that area a dozen times before you can craft a decent raid item.

Turial
01-09-2008, 12:59 PM
I really hope that if you complete the raid area that there isn't normal 2-3ish day timer on it before you can go back in.

Prinstoni
01-09-2008, 12:59 PM
That sure looks like a screen shot from STK.

Yaga_Nub
01-09-2008, 01:02 PM
Haha, would you really want that though? I can bet you're already going to have to run through that area a dozen times before you can craft a decent raid item.

Absolutely! I'm a glutton for punishment. :)

I would actually like a single raid quest that takes about 4 hours to complete on normal. I know that's long but I heck my table top sessions can go 12 hour or more why not a DDO quest that takes 4 hours.

Mad_Bombardier
01-09-2008, 01:07 PM
That sure looks like a screen shot from STK.That's what I was thinking. Except the chest is facing the wrong direction (and already open). And the tunnel behind has no rear wall (it's a shallow alcove in STK) and has steps. Oh well, I guess we'll have to wait and see! :cool:

Vizzini
01-09-2008, 01:07 PM
That's exactly what I was thinking!

RACRGUY
01-09-2008, 01:09 PM
wouldn't that be the old entrance, before the water pit?

thatguy
01-09-2008, 01:17 PM
I like the fact that it said "Coming in January" but still don't think we will see it this month. I hope I am wrong. As for other yes, it is odd how the one caster is just standing there, looks out of place.

Mhykke
01-09-2008, 01:34 PM
Sigh, can we please get clothes in game already? Rangers in robes look ridiculous.

Milolyen
01-09-2008, 01:58 PM

Not really, no gate where you come in from water or chest is faceing wrong way with giants room turned into a tunnel, to many steps under chest, no columns in the wall going around the room and I think the walls are a different color ... these look to be more brownish and stk I thought was more greyish. Only the floor looks about the same and the fact that it is a circular room of roughly same size.

Milolyen

honkuimushi
01-09-2008, 02:02 PM

Yep, I agree, definately STK. It's a cool pic, but I wonder why they chose it for for an announcement for Mod 6.

binnsr
01-09-2008, 02:12 PM

That's because ranged combat in Mod6 is going to be SO awesome that casters will all be alt-tabbed out during fights since the rangers will have it covered!

Coldin
01-09-2008, 02:17 PM
That's because ranged combat in Mod6 is going to be SO awesome that casters will all be alt-tabbed out during fights since the rangers will have it covered!

I sincerely wish it was going to be that awesome. But truly, by all indication, it's only going to be slightly more powerful than it is currently. The biggest problem I still find with ranged combat is that it's still so much quicker to pull out a sword and just whack on an enemy. The only time that changes is when manyshot is being used.

Ciphertazi
01-09-2008, 04:35 PM
ya that looks like the old entry way - taken out because the giant would get stuck on the gate/stairs and everyone would just stand in the hallway MM'ing

But maybe it eludes to a continuation of the WW/STK line :) that would be cool by me

BigBadBarry
01-09-2008, 07:51 PM
I would think January is the go....after the Mod 5 timings they're unlikely to put that date in if it weren't pretty much locked in (as things can realistically be in a dev/test enviroment where last min probs can come up to stuff up the best of planning).

Codog mentioned he's already working on the Mod6 update so it may be a phased release with most of Mod 6 in Jan and some of it in Feb? (or it s to fix the issues they have picked up but they're not considered serious enuff to delay the release date andthey'll release with a known issues list)

Ustice
01-10-2008, 12:24 PM
Combine this with the fact that the past two WDA's have been REALLY light with new stuff says to me that Mod 6's release is upon us. I expect that Monday we will get release info. *crosses fingers*

Luthen
01-10-2008, 02:15 PM
That's what I was thinking. Except the chest is facing the wrong direction (and already open). And the tunnel behind has no rear wall (it's a shallow alcove in STK) and has steps. Oh well, I guess we'll have to wait and see! :cool:

Think original STK before the change to the zone. The gate is where we came in not where he came out of. That make more sense to you now?

Mad_Bombardier
01-10-2008, 02:21 PM
Think original STK before the change to the zone. The gate is where we came in not where he came out of. That make more sense to you now?Sad to say, it's always been the water drop for me (Join Date: Oct 06). But, yes. That explanation makes sense when I read it in another thread. :)

Lavabeing
01-13-2008, 05:20 AM
Is this character holding a new double weapon design, or just a quarterstaff design I've never seen before??

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/6393/13245562cm0.jpg

Shade
01-13-2008, 05:32 AM
Is this character holding a new double weapon design, or just a quarterstaff design I've never seen before??

Just a quarterstaff - its available in lootgen.