PDA

View Full Version : Request for forum functionality

Bogenbroom
01-08-2008, 03:10 PM
I would like to request that a method for filtering out threads be implemented. If there is one, someone please enlighten me.

Either a "Check here to remove from my view" box or a string based filter targeting title strings or creator name would be nice.

I love to read through these forums, but frequently find myself aggravated by clutter created by threads bubbling to the top that I already know I have no interest in.

Danke

Mad_Bombardier
01-08-2008, 04:21 PM
You can ignore forum users by settings in the User CP. Click on User CP link and choose Buddy/Ignore Lists. You will see that ignored users posted, but will not see the contents of their post. :)

Bogenbroom
01-08-2008, 06:58 PM
Sure, but I want to been able to clean out the 10+ redundant threads about whatever folks are gunna start arguing about in a given week. Doesn't specifically relate to an individual user, although there are certainly times when an individual user is generating the redundant threads.

Impaqt
01-08-2008, 07:24 PM
You want the forum to just know what you dotn want to read?

Pretty sure that context recognition technology isnt quite up to that yet.

Bogenbroom
01-09-2008, 10:33 AM
You want the forum to just know what you dotn want to read?

Pretty sure that context recognition technology isnt quite up to that yet.

No, I want to be able to squash threads from my personal view (via manual selection,) to filter out threads based on simple pattern matching (for example "raid loot") in the subject line, or by initial poster. I don't care if it is by account or by computer or by browser.

There is a lot of great content on here, and then there is a lot of content for which I, personally, don't need/want to read about anymore. I'm not saying no one else should be able to read about it, but I'm done with the topic. Meanwhile other topics are rolling off of my page because of some of the extra noise.

tihocan
01-09-2008, 11:45 AM
Would be a cool feature.