PDA

View Full Version : What is your FAVORITE class?

Hafeal
01-08-2008, 02:13 PM
So, I was curious as to what everyone's favorite class is ... this is not necessarily the class you play the most, the class you play best, or what you think is the best class. It could very well be that your favorite class is one you do not play well. And for the multi-classers, I am only asking for 1 so make a decision! :p

Simply, what is your favorite class?

Thanks and I look forward to your answers! :)

The informal, meaningless results:

Bard (12)
Sorcerer (10)
Wizard (4)
Cleric (4)

Paladin (2)
Ranger (6)

Rogue (7)

Fighter (1)
Barbarian (4)

Druid (1) - I guess I never discounted wishful thinking!

Hafeal
01-08-2008, 02:14 PM
Rogue.

KoboldKiller
01-08-2008, 02:14 PM
Paladin, hands down.

QuantumFX
01-08-2008, 02:22 PM
In P&P D&D: Cleric (preferably multiclassed)
In DDO: Ranger (preferably multiclassed)

EpicEbo
01-08-2008, 02:23 PM
Rogues....rogues can do anything and everything...except take a hit =)

but yeah definately Rogues take the cake.

llevenbaxx
01-08-2008, 02:24 PM
I like the rogue class, primarily because it lends itself best to multiclassing.;)

Have three MC rogues currently. Two capped.

unionyes
01-08-2008, 02:25 PM
Sorcerers.

Beherit_Baphomar
01-08-2008, 02:28 PM
Im a 360o kinda guy.

Its a cointoss between my barbarian and my cleric.

The barbarian cause I love seeing those 160+ crits, sprinting at lightspeed and generally being a badass.

Or its my cleric cause he owns everyone in the group, I choose whether you live or die.

Will I command this mob? Nah, lets see how the fighters do first...

Oh oh Mr Sorc gettin' a lil attention from those trolls, where DID I put my heal spell....

ccheath776
01-08-2008, 02:31 PM
So, I was curious as to what everyone's favorite class is ... this is not necessarily the class you play the most, the class you play best, or what you think is the best class. It could very well be that your favorite class is one you do not play well. And for the multi-classers, I am only asking for 1 so make a decision! :p

Simply, what is your favorite class?

Thanks and I look forward to your answers! :)

Battle Mage

My favorite character in literature is Rand from the WOT series. The ability to cast like a god and fight like a master swordsman always appealed to me.
Although in DDO its a bit difficult to make but you asked for my favorite class and thats my answer.

sigtrent
01-08-2008, 02:32 PM
In PnP its Cleric due to the universe of possiblities it has.

In DDO... as a player, probably wizard due to the fun spell selection.

Although as a build maker, fighter is the class I most often work with due to its masive utility for adding something useful to almost any character.

Hafeal
01-08-2008, 02:33 PM
Waffler! No waffling allowed! :p I will chalk you up to Barbarian 'cause you mentioned it first. :D

Im a 360o kinda guy.

Its a cointoss between my barbarian and my cleric.

The barbarian cause I love seeing those 160+ crits, sprinting at lightspeed and generally being a badass.

Or its my cleric cause he owns everyone in the group, I choose whether you live or die.

Will I command this mob? Nah, lets see how the fighters do first...

Oh oh Mr Sorc gettin' a lil attention from those trolls, where DID I put my heal spell....

arcanehealer
01-08-2008, 02:44 PM
its a question between wizard, cleric, and barbarian. wizard because they own the pvp arena (i dont care what all of you say wizards own the pvp arena and dont you forget it) and they get a ton of spell enhancing feats. cleric because like the guy above me said they own the group and are gods because they decide who lives and who dies. and barbarian because they get a ton of hp and are really strong and can take a beating and are proficiant with every weapon and are the best kind of tank and bla bla bla

Beherit_Baphomar
01-08-2008, 02:47 PM
Waffler! No waffling allowed! :p I will chalk you up to Barbarian 'cause you mentioned it first. :D

BAH!!

Actually, prolly is my barb.

Hafeal
01-08-2008, 02:50 PM
No no no. Wizard for you - because you mentioned it first! :D

its a question between wizard, cleric, and barbarian. wizard because they own the pvp arena (i dont care what all of you say wizards own the pvp arena and dont you forget it) and they get a ton of spell enhancing feats. cleric because like the guy above me said they own the group and are gods because they decide who lives and who dies. and barbarian because they get a ton of hp and are really strong and can take a beating and are proficiant with every weapon and are the best kind of tank and bla bla bla

Falco_Easts
01-08-2008, 04:01 PM
Ranger

dragnmoon
01-08-2008, 04:02 PM
Druid

Arnya
01-08-2008, 04:07 PM
Sorc :)

Bladesworn
01-08-2008, 04:17 PM
Old school PnP D&D has always been the plain Human Fighter. A sound choice and always a good class to play. Tons of historical and fantasy references to work and choose from. Anything from the Swashbuckler to the Samurai is a human fighter.

In DDO... I would go with the Ranger. Only rogues are more self-sufficient and solo-able than rangers. As a ranger, I've had a very easy time solo-ing through many quests and such by simply being patient and using the right tactics.

Of course, I've only been playign DDO for a few months, so maybe I don't have all the expirience the rest of you have.

Slayer918
01-08-2008, 04:30 PM
In PnP (though I did not play very much) I liked rogues, but it just doesn't translate the same for DDO...
In DDO I would say I enjoy paladins the most do to their build complexities, and their ability to satisfy my defensive nature...

Khyron
01-08-2008, 04:34 PM
Barbarian ZERG!!!!

But in PnP my favorite PC ever was a Caster/Rouge Build Trap Master.

MrCow
01-08-2008, 04:44 PM
I have always had an affinity towards sorcerers.

Shamguard
01-08-2008, 04:48 PM
LOL:D

Rogue:eek:

:cool: What else.:rolleyes:

Cedrica-the-Bard
01-08-2008, 04:49 PM
Bard - any type.

MysticRhythms
01-08-2008, 04:51 PM
Bard all the way.

Hafeal
01-09-2008, 12:11 PM
Well, I am surprised by the lack of love for fighters out there.

Have fighters turned into a "splash" class just as rogues?

MysticRhythms
01-09-2008, 12:14 PM
Well, I am surprised by the lack of love for fighters out there.

Have fighters turned into a "splash" class just as rogues?

You'd never guess it looking at server population by class on any given day ...

Hafeal
01-09-2008, 12:19 PM
You'd never guess it looking at server population by class on any given day ...

I can't say I agree - I have not paid enough attention. I don't recall seeing many "straight" fighters and my subjective experience makes me wonder if people are just multi-classing or working there way up to doing so.

I have a "pure" fighter I have been working on (7th level) and I feel one of the rare pure fighters out there.

MrWizard
01-09-2008, 12:56 PM
My favorite class is...

Recess :cool:

Vizzini
01-09-2008, 01:00 PM
Tough call between Wizard and Paladin... I'm gonna go with the underdog..

Wizard

lenric
01-09-2008, 02:34 PM
Cleric, Battlecleric, Null cleric, healbot; the all in one good old fashioned Cleric.

Hafeal
01-09-2008, 02:40 PM
Give it up for the first votes for Cleric and Wizard! ;):D

adrinor
01-10-2008, 11:15 PM
That's a hard question...

Let me think about it...

Do multi-classes count? If so then it is a fighter / pally / rogue. If it doesn't then it will be a bard.

sirgog
01-10-2008, 11:18 PM
Sorc. You can burn em, you can charm em, or you can cast stoneskin, shieldblock em and call for help :-)

2nd would be Clr, preferably multiclassed and combat-specced.

Hvymetal
01-11-2008, 02:35 AM
Rogues, got 5 of em on two servers, can't seem to stay away from the cute little squishey bastards:D

herzkos
01-11-2008, 03:04 AM
Bard

but really, whatever i'm in the mood to play that day.
If it was a bad day at work, then my sorc so i can go nuke stuff.
But most of the time I like to play my bard(+baby bard) or one of my clerics.

Also have a pure fighter (lvl 8). good damage but he's a plat sink because he drinks pots like
a drunk who made it to the bar with 15 min left on happy hour.

Bilger
01-11-2008, 03:08 AM
Bard of course!!
We all know Bards rule!!:D

Geonis
01-11-2008, 06:03 AM
Battle Mage

My favorite character in literature is Rand from the WOT series. The ability to cast like a god and fight like a master swordsman always appealed to me.
Although in DDO its a bit difficult to make but you asked for my favorite class and thats my answer.

Someone after my own heart, I love that series and Rand is one of the most complex characters in any piece of writing.

It's a shame we will never experience an end to that series by his(Robert Jordan's) hand. :mad::(

Oh, and to stay on topic, I have to go with Sorceror, but would prefer Battlemage as stated above.

mgoldb2
01-11-2008, 06:25 AM
Barbrian is my main and my favorite class since I started playing March 06. I properly stand alone in this thinking but I actually had MORE fun playing my barbarian back then. I really enjoyed managing rage choosing when to use it and when to save it for later in quest. In new quests there were real choices to make back then when it came to raging. There no point bothering to make such decisions anymore when you can stay rage 24/7 in 99% of quests.

but my barbrian still my favorite char despite that.

dirk_the_daring
01-11-2008, 06:33 AM
Ranger. Most fun to play and very versatile.

i love kiting mobs while plunking arrows at them. Imagine we had real pets in DDo....i would never log off.

Rogue a close second.
Ranger, Rogue multiclass.....:D

and in PnP D&D, Rogue then Ranger as favs.

Club'in
01-11-2008, 01:08 PM
Ranger

I have four of them. My pure drow got me to 1750 favor. She totally rocks but has been capped for 6 months. Can't wait to crack the rust off of her for module 6. My second is still at level 5 to help guildies with lower levels. She's cleric3/rogue1/ranger1. Can be a stand in for whatever the guild needs. My second highest is now ranger11/rogue1. Halfling with full dragon marks/empower healing, UMD, trap skills, full rangerly goodness with that last ranger level. My latest is a dwarf fighter6/ranger2 dual wielding, strategy fighting monster. So much fun to play.

Freeman
01-13-2008, 02:50 AM
Bards. Bards are the coolest, sexiest class you can ever play.

CrimsonEagle
01-13-2008, 09:42 AM
I will have to go with bard, though I do wish a true battle mage was a viable option.

Affront
01-13-2008, 09:52 AM
I like my wizard the best. It's his combination of easily changeable spells, ability to cause instant death (both personally through stupidity & for enemies through spells), and to increase the effectiveness of a party.

Raithe
01-13-2008, 10:09 AM
It really depends on what sort of mood I'm in, but for the purposes of skewing the results, I'll say bard. It's probably the class I play the most anyway.

Mapa
01-13-2008, 11:54 AM
Ranger

My Fighters and Rogue feel so naked with no blue bar and inventory sheets full of potions.
My Wizard is a lot of fun but I built him a little to squishy for the aggro he pulls and I refuse to reroll him.(1750 and 4 tomes in him)
Barb, Bard, and Sorc just seem so overrepresented.
Cleric, I have gotten to the point were I only play my Cleric in guild groups.

Yep, I would have to say Rangers, FTW.:p

moorewr
01-13-2008, 12:06 PM
In pen and paper I played a lot of druids, but my definitive characters were fighter/mages...

In DDO I've spent the lion share of my time on my sorcerer, but it depends on the quest and party.. my fighter is awesome fun (if hard on the right-mouse button). If I had to pick just one I'd go with sorcerer.

Pheanre
01-13-2008, 01:36 PM
In PnP Psions, followed by monks knights and clerics. In DDO rogue or bard. But I will choose bard for this thread. Even though I protest to having to pick a favorite class.

death_smurf
01-13-2008, 02:47 PM
favorite class? you mean there are other clases besides barbarian..... well that changes everything!

Eregion2
01-13-2008, 03:35 PM
I've only ever played a cleric, the other classes don't interest me nearly as much. :rolleyes: So yeah, cleric ftw!

Ghoste
01-13-2008, 04:36 PM
Wizard.

cdbd3rd
01-13-2008, 04:42 PM
My official answer would be Rogue.

(My unofficial footnote is Fighter)

Cold_Stele
01-13-2008, 04:50 PM
Well I guess I'm going to be the first (and maybe only) to say Ftr.

Even though they are gimped now compared to Barbs...

Caelan
01-13-2008, 05:35 PM
bard.

while i enjoy pretty much every class (except sorc), bards are my favorites. they are the party girls.

Drider
01-13-2008, 05:38 PM
Probably go with Cleric.

If there were more useful spells, then it would be Wizard.

Hafeal
01-13-2008, 09:58 PM
Wow. I am really surprised by all the bar love out there - for all the complaining I have heard about groups not wanting to take them. Perhaps the complaints were less than accurate? Or perhaps the player base is becoming more educated as to the roles the bard can perform?

Oran_Lathor
01-14-2008, 12:57 PM
Wizard

frederjoe1
01-14-2008, 01:01 PM
Cleric...

Nothing like being able to kill and heal at the same time.

Mad_Bombardier
01-14-2008, 01:03 PM
Perhaps the complaints were less than accurate? Or perhaps the player base is becoming more educated as to the roles the bard can perform?Both! Bards, rock. Literally. :D

EinarMal
01-14-2008, 01:08 PM
+1 for Bard

Although my ideal character from PnP would be a TWF arcane type like Wizard 9/Fighter 1/Eldritch Knight 10. Without prestige classes and no way to increase BAB on a Wizard for the TWF feats, Bard is as close as I can currently play.

Hafeal
01-14-2008, 01:39 PM
Caster classes are running away with the favorites.

Yet I constantly hear how the game is a melee oriented game ...