PDA

View Full Version : How Do *YOU* Defeat Velah, the Red Dragon? (Spoiler Alert)

HumanJHawkins
01-08-2008, 12:17 PM
I'll try to add my main method today (if someone doesn't beat me to the punch). But I know of at least three ways people do this... I'm hoping to hear of even more. How do you take her down?

Boulderun
01-08-2008, 12:31 PM
I drive my Toyota down her throat and bust out her chest with the still-beating heart.

Did you see me lay down the law? I am the lawgiver!

KoboldKiller
01-08-2008, 12:37 PM
Actually I leave her alone. She hasn't done anything to me and I don't see any reason to push her. As a matter of fact I am getting awefull tired of the citizens of Stormreach always sending me to do their dirty work. Why can't they take care of their own problems? Look at Arlos for instance, he is forever being captured, maybe he should stay home. And what good is a city guard if they can't go get him? Anyway as long as she leaves me alone I'll leave her alone.

GoldyGopher
01-08-2008, 12:48 PM
There are about five ways to take her down, you choose the method that works best with your party makeup.

Qzipoun
01-08-2008, 12:50 PM
1. Buff party
2. Run up to her
3. Loot chest

That's how my guild does it, though 99.99% of the pugs i've been in use the "hero method" with only a few (or one) tanks smacking her while everyone else just sits tight and those who can keep him healed... which i find pretty boring :(

It's a quick fight, but if everyone knows what they're doing there's no reason you can't rush her.

CSFurious
01-08-2008, 12:52 PM
especially with well-equipped 32-point builds in a guild raid

just buff & kill her via direct, zerging, frontal assault

1. Buff party
2. Run up to her
3. Loot chest

That's how my guild does it, though 99.99% of the pugs i've been in use the "hero method" with only a few (or one) tanks smacking her while everyone else just sits tight and those who can keep him healed... which i find pretty boring :(

It's a quick fight, but if everyone knows what they're doing there's no reason you can't rush her.

HumanJHawkins
01-08-2008, 03:32 PM
There are about five ways to take her down, you choose the method that works best with your party makeup.
That's a good start... I know 2 ways that are fairly successful for the mobs around the ring (bard fascinate vs. run through and draw agro) and a couple for Velah herself (Hero vs. full party attack) and a couple more methods that are less successful. So even if we are overlapping, you apparently know one way that I don't, but you haven't told me.

The point of this thread is that a lot of people think there is only one way to do some of these tough quests. I am avoiding (in part) putting my own info in until later because I don't want to lead the discussion and/or cause people to just think "well, the question is already answered so I'll move on."

So please explain the five ways that you know... This could turn into a consolidated resource for people who want to experiment and learn, or it could turn into a complete non-info waste of time. It's up to you.

Turial
01-08-2008, 03:40 PM
One ranger shoots pillars 1 and 3 down, from the mound, to about 2 letters worth of hp while the second takes pillar 2 down to the same about from about half way down the bridge from 3rd to home. Let manyshot recharge, toss on rage, haste, damage boost, and manyshot. Ranger 2 takes down pillars 2 and 1 while ranger 1 takes down pillar 3 and attempts to help with 1. After that buff, do a 3-2-1-go count. Evasion types lead at 2 everyone else at go. Mass heals and COC for the win. Though odilukes works well on occasion. If there is a debuffing caster we have them hit her with the hardest hitting debuffs before they get nuked. It has worked well so far.

sirgog
01-08-2008, 10:06 PM
On normal: Zerg in, mass heal everyone.

On elite: Dual/Triple Hero method.