PDA

View Full Version : Unsbstantiated Rumor, Any Dev response would be appreciated.

Cowdenicus
01-07-2008, 12:49 PM
Playing in a group last night, I heard that Clerics were getting the spell Energy Immunity at level 8. Is this true, and if so what is the duration of the spell?

Will it work the same way as energy resistance?

Laith
01-07-2008, 12:53 PM
Playing in a group last night, I heard that Clerics were getting the spell Energy Immunity at level 8. Is this true, and if so what is the duration of the spell?

Will it work the same way as energy resistance?

seeing as Energy Immunity is a lvl6 divine spell (lvl7 arcane, lvl5 domain): i kinda doubt it ;)

dragnmoon
01-07-2008, 12:59 PM
Did you mean Energy immunity the 6th level Clerc spell 7th level Sor/wiz spell? which makes you totally immune to 1 type of energy effect?

Laith
01-07-2008, 01:01 PM
Did you mean Energy immunity the 6th level Clerc spell 7th level Sor/wiz spell? which makes you totally immune to 1 type of energy effect?ignore 5% damage per caster level of one element (up to 100% at lvl20).

1turn/level, so it's similar to fire/cold shield.

dragnmoon
01-07-2008, 01:05 PM
ignore 5% damage per caster level of one element (up to 100% at lvl20).

ummm no... not unless they changed it again from the spell compendium..

Grants a creature and its equip COMPLETE immunity to Dmg from 1 of the 5 energy types...

What book you get your info from?... From what I have the Spell compendium is the latest version of it..

Laith
01-07-2008, 01:12 PM
ummm no... not unless they changed it again from the spell compendium..

shrug, using online sources. The Wizards sources are on your side, even if i happen to like the 5% version better. :)

in any case, energy immunity is lvl6 divine, and not 8.
unless there's another version or DDO is implementing it at lvl8 for some reason (btw, it's not on risia), the rumor is just a rumor. to me, it sounds like it's been created by someone with as little knowledge of the PnP spell as me ;)

MysticTheurge
01-07-2008, 02:20 PM
ignore 5% damage per caster level of one element (up to 100% at lvl20).

This might actually work. I kind of like it.

(Does it stack with or replace items that already give a percentage immunity? How does it interact with resist/protect?)

EspyLacopa
01-07-2008, 02:33 PM

(Does it stack with or replace items that already give a percentage immunity? How does it interact with resist/protect?)
If it is in, then it should be applied as follows:

1: Energy Immunity
2: Protection from Energy
3: Resist Energy

Staedtler
01-07-2008, 02:36 PM
I don't think we'll be seeing the spell brought in to the game, in any form. Bringing it in would remove deep lava damage, or at least take it down to the point where it can be ignored. I can only think of two quests where this is an issue (Titan Awakes, DQ2) but it was deemed necessary to be changed in the first place.

Cowdenicus
01-07-2008, 02:41 PM
Dunno,

I would have ignored the entire thing as just rumor, until I started thinking about the Abbot raid, I started to think to myself, maybe the reason it is giving people such a hard time is because at level 14 we dont have the spells to deal with it yet (since the raid is level 15 and all) but energy immunity would give a way to deal with that nasty little inferno he does......

maddmatt70
01-07-2008, 03:00 PM
Dunno,

I would have ignored the entire thing as just rumor, until I started thinking about the Abbot raid, I started to think to myself, maybe the reason it is giving people such a hard time is because at level 14 we dont have the spells to deal with it yet (since the raid is level 15 and all) but energy immunity would give a way to deal with that nasty little inferno he does......

We have been speculating about the same sort of thing in our guild. That is how they will 'fix' the abbot raid by giving spells that will allow players to beat the unbeatable puzzles: asteroids and phase tiles; specifically, an improved true seeing and some spell that helps beat the asteroids. It seems like a cheap fix, but oh well... From everything I have seen, read, and heard you still have to beat the puzzles regardless so surviving the inferno is not sufficient.

dragnmoon
01-07-2008, 03:05 PM

Well they could do it that way.. but it is not the way it works in D&D PnP...

And in the PnP game it overlaps Resist/Protect.. they do nothing while you have Immunity up..

It also lasts 24 hours in the PnP Game.