PDA

View Full Version : A Ring of Three Limited Wishes

geoffhanna
01-03-2008, 05:11 PM
In this thread -> Tell Tolero (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=131601) <- Tolero asks us to imagine that the Turbine CEO provides a ring of three wishes and asks what we would do with it. I used mine for big sweeping things, because, after all, it is a Ring of Wishes :).

But what if it was only a Ring of Limited Wishes? Not big things at all but little tweaks that make DDO better for you without revamping/rewriting/redesigning anything?

Only the Devs know what is truly easy to do; I am sure that some things that seem easy are really a lot of coding or testing. But here are my ideas for 'low-hanging fruit'-type changes that would improve the game without (as far as I know) changing the game:

Since the <Tab> key selects the nearest enemy in your visual range, <Shift><Tab> ought to select the furthest
Please sort my list of characters on the entry screen according to most recent log in
Improve the awkward female Halfling run animation

What would you use your Ring to do?

Corvid7
01-03-2008, 06:36 PM
Oooo.....a Ring of 3 Limited Wishes...

I would first wish for a Ring of 3 Wishes.
Then with THAT one, I would wish for:

- More weapons. Like Double Axes and Maces. Maybe a polearm or two.

- Be able to change the character list to how I want it to be.

- More of Kargon's Ham. :)

Kaldaka
01-03-2008, 06:50 PM
Be able to change the character list to how I want it to be.

/Signed completely

Kargon
01-03-2008, 08:16 PM
Please sort my list of characters on the entry screen according to most recent log in

Somematimes whether kargon keeps an alt or deletes it depend entirelamally on how high it are stuck in Kargon charactermermer list in the way of the charactermermers Kargon wants to play now...

More of Kargon's Ham. :)

Kargons Ham are for Kargon! Having Kargons ham only going make Kargon come after you! :eek:

Mad_Bombardier
01-04-2008, 10:32 AM
Since the <Tab> key selects the nearest enemy in your visual range, <Shift><Tab> ought to select the furthest
Ctrl-Tab already does! There's some good stuff in the Keymapping page. You should check it out some time. :)

geoffhanna
01-05-2008, 11:10 AM
Ctrl-Tab already does! There's some good stuff in the Keymapping page. You should check it out some time. :)

Excellent, I look forward to testing this out later today!

But I have another tweaky-seeming request that seems like it would be easy to replace the one Bombardier 'fixed' for me:

Can we fix the bug where one gets the message 'you're not proficient with your equipment' even though one is equipping a shield with no armor check penalty?

Scarabus
01-05-2008, 11:30 AM
I think a confirm button on the Release Pop-up would be nice.

adrinor
01-06-2008, 02:56 AM
I think a confirm button on the Release Pop-up would be nice.

agreed