PDA

View Full Version : Missing mail

Tornd
01-03-2008, 04:53 AM
I mailed four items (disease immunity belt of moderate fortification, necromancy scepter, gloves of ogre power +4, and a planar gird) on 1/2/08 from one of my characters named Tornd to another character named Kras. After mailing them I immediately logged on Kras to ensure they arrived, and they did. As I went to grab them I was booted from the server. Checking online I found that the server had crashed (I'm on Thelanis). After the server came back online a few minutes later I logged Kras on again and noticed I no longer had any mail. I double checked my mailbox and sure enough it was empty. The items that had been there before the crash are now missing.

Is there anyway to reimburse these items? Some of them are easily replaceable however the planar gird was the most valuable item I owned. Thanks in advance.

Impaqt
01-03-2008, 08:43 AM
Did you check the character that sent them. Most likely the characters were rolled back a bit.
So unless yu had just pulled the planar gird, its probboly back in his inventory

Aeneas
01-03-2008, 08:48 AM
When the server crashes, mail in limbo is being lost - the gm's refuse to help.

Messen
01-03-2008, 09:57 AM
Same here.. missing mail. Only I had two things at Auction and I was checking to see if they sold or not. Both items vanished. The auction expired and I had "no mail" showing gold or returned auction items. I wrote Tech about this and I'm still waiting a reply.

Arilis
01-03-2008, 10:05 AM
Same thing happened to me. I was switching gear to a new character when the crash happened. Lost a gold coin I had got shortly before the crash along with some of my gear I was switching. I've checked the the characters emails and neither had the gear. I'm just glad I had not emailed my money between character when it crashed. Was bad enough to loose what gear I did.

Trueflite
01-03-2008, 11:56 AM
Same here, mailed 32 relics (16 dragon, 10 giant, and 6 elf) from my Wiz to my cleric trying to get him raid ready, wiz goes to reenter bank and BAM...booted and server goes down. When I finally get back on relics are nowhere to be found, not in invenmtory, bank, or mail. Even though I know I was unlikely to get them back I went to file a help ticket.....nope.......I could'nt file a ticket from any of my chars. Guildie filed one for me and you can guess the answer "We are unable to help you, if the person who lost the items will file a help ticket on any of his chars will will review and assist if possible". Catch 22.
Seems they could look at the logs and see between 6:30PM - 7PM EST 3 mail messages sent from Maxim to Dustn containing relices and reimburse them. Got some I had mailed a min earlier from another Char. Really ticks you off when something like this happens and you are unable to even file a ticket about it when it happens. Probably for the best because the last thing I wanted to hear at that time was "Sorry, we are unable to help you". Put a damper on the evening knowing I'm gonna have to farm those pieces over again.

Khyron
01-03-2008, 12:22 PM
Ewwwww... that sucks! I only lost a few K plat from the AH but loosing a gird or 32 relics.... ouch.