PDA

View Full Version : The perfect solution to balancing the classes

Rastawiz
01-03-2008, 02:38 AM
In order to successfully balance the classes and to put an end to the constant posting of which classes are weaker or more powerful, I have come up with the perfect solution. In fact, after the devs implement this simple change, there will be no more need to debate the topic of balancing. Now I know that this solution may have few supporters, because it is a radical solution. But please keep in mind if you are concerned with balancing, my solution is the only true one. So logic would dictate, that if you truly are seeking a balance of the classes, then you should support my idea.

Ok enough rambling, and onto this simple but genius solution.

Ok first of all, give everyone character the exact same equipment, weapons, and money.
Next give every character the exact same skill points in every skill.
Next give every character the exact same feats.
Next give every character the exact same abilities.

Well lets just make it simple, make only one type of character, with no ability to change or upgrade that character. That way no one can say that their character is weaker or stronger than anyone else's character.

See problem solved, I hope you enjoy this stroke of genius as much as I have.

And please have a happy, prosperous, safe, healthy, and great 2008!!!

Disclaimer:

The author of this post does not support the ideas or thoughts used in creating this post, except the one about having a great 2008.

BlueLightBandit
01-03-2008, 09:19 AM
In order to successfully balance the classes

Honestly, I stopped reading at this point.

Balance... define balance? I've said it before, I'll say it again... THE CLASSES ARE DIFFERENT. THAT'S THE WAY THIS GAME WORKS.

No class is better at EVERYTHING, but each class is better at SOME THINGS.

Balance?!? I don't think people who bring up discussions on balance truly understand the balance that they seek... because it's already in the game... and yet they complain.

So I guess I agree... I think.

Dariuss
01-03-2008, 01:19 PM
Honestly, I stopped reading at this point.

Balance... define balance? I've said it before, I'll say it again... THE CLASSES ARE DIFFERENT. THAT'S THE WAY THIS GAME WORKS.

No class is better at EVERYTHING, but each class is better at SOME THINGS.

Balance?!? I don't think people who bring up discussions on balance truly understand the balance that they seek... because it's already in the game... and yet they complain.

So I guess I agree... I think.

i think if you read the whole hting you would realize what he was trying to do

Nefahrin
01-03-2008, 01:31 PM
In order to successfully balance the classes and to put an end to the constant posting of which classes are weaker or more powerful, I have come up with the perfect solution. In fact, after the devs implement this simple change, there will be no more need to debate the topic of balancing. Now I know that this solution may have few supporters, because it is a radical solution. But please keep in mind if you are concerned with balancing, my solution is the only true one. So logic would dictate, that if you truly are seeking a balance of the classes, then you should support my idea.

Ok enough rambling, and onto this simple but genius solution.

Ok first of all, give everyone character the exact same equipment, weapons, and money.
Next give every character the exact same skill points in every skill.
Next give every character the exact same feats.
Next give every character the exact same abilities.

Well lets just make it simple, make only one type of character, with no ability to change or upgrade that character. That way no one can say that their character is weaker or stronger than anyone else's character.

See problem solved, I hope you enjoy this stroke of genius as much as I have.

And please have a happy, prosperous, safe, healthy, and great 2008!!!

Disclaimer:

The author of this post does not support the ideas or thoughts used in creating this post, except the one about having a great 2008.

Democrat? LOL

Aspenor
01-03-2008, 01:34 PM
Put the barbarian and the rogue on one side of the scale, and the fighter, cleric, and sorceror, and wizard on the other side....

Poof!! Balanced classes!

Lorien_the_First_One
01-03-2008, 03:29 PM
All classes but Bard should be banned. Bard is balanced with the Bard Class and can fight and heal. Also all loot from all chests should be static and bound. That will remove all variability from the game and nicely achieve the objectives of the OP.

Great suggestion!

Devs, make it happen! :p