PDA

View Full Version : Can we please have some better guild tools? Please!?!?

parvo
01-02-2008, 03:23 PM
A significant portion of DDO players are guild only and don't PUG much. We really need some decent guild tools. DDO is way behind the times on this one.

--Bigger window for more text in Guild Message of the Day. Basic.

--Improved ranking structure and customizable permisions for ranks. I don't particularly care for every officer to be able to recruit, change the GMOTD, etc...

--Indicators on the Guild Social Tab. It would be so nice if you could see which of your guildies are grouped from this window. Which are solo. Which have the star in their groups. Which are in a full groups. etc...

Albel
01-02-2008, 03:29 PM
I agree with this, in addition a Guild only LFM would be an idea.

KoboldKiller
01-02-2008, 03:36 PM
/signed

Falco_Easts
01-02-2008, 03:52 PM
Signed apart from the Guild Only LFM. By all means have a area that shows an LFM put up by a guildy but having a Guild Only LFM is not a good idea.

bigal4458
01-02-2008, 04:45 PM
Well Mod 6 is "Ranger Love", Mod 7 is supposed to be "Paladin/Rogue Love", so maybe Mod 8 can be "Guild Love"!?

Feel the love?

Falco_Easts
01-02-2008, 04:57 PM
Well Mod 6 is "Ranger Love", Mod 7 is supposed to be "Paladin/Rogue Love", so maybe Mod 8 can be "Guild Love"!?

Feel the love?

Not sure I want to be in THAT sort of guild. :)

Lorien_the_First_One
01-02-2008, 05:00 PM
A significant portion of DDO players are guild only and don't PUG much. We really need some decent guild tools. DDO is way behind the times on this one.

--Improved ranking structure and customizable permisions for ranks. I don't particularly care for every officer to be able to recruit, change the GMOTD, etc...

--Indicators on the Guild Social Tab. It would be so nice if you could see which of your guildies are grouped from this window. Which are solo. Which have the star in their groups. Which are in a full groups. etc...

All good ideas...

lostinjapan
01-02-2008, 07:37 PM
The ability to "mail all guild members" by the leader and/or officers would be good.

Guild alliance chat.

parvo
01-03-2008, 12:17 AM
The ability to "mail all guild members" by the leader and/or officers would be good.

Guild alliance chat.

Alliance chat. Forgot about that one, but yea we should have that too.

parvo
01-03-2008, 12:22 AM
Signed apart from the Guild Only LFM. By all means have a area that shows an LFM put up by a guildy but having a Guild Only LFM is not a good idea.

I don't know about all guilds but I do know many that don't PUG much. I imagine they see the guild chat spam all night (Like my guild) with folks trying to figure out what group they can get into, who has the star, etc. Like it or not, an aweful lot of players don't PUG. Making it easier for them to get into guild groups is a good thing.

Ghoste
01-03-2008, 12:33 AM
Alliance chat. Forgot about that one, but yea we should have that too.
This one is a big deal for me. YES!!!!!

AoD45154
01-03-2008, 09:34 AM

Guild alliance chat.

This would make guild announcements SO much easier....copying and pasting a message 70 or so times in game to new mail messages gets to be a little too much to continue doing. Having a larger MOTD would be a help too. The rest are good ideas too.

In_Like_Flynn
01-03-2008, 10:11 AM
Good ideas.

Yaga_Nub
01-03-2008, 10:23 AM

Bigger window with more text - YES!

Improved ranking structure - NO! If you don't want every officer to able to recruit, etc, then you need to take a look at who you are making an officer.

Indicators - Maybe. I like the suggestion about seeing who is in a group, is looking for a group or solo. The rest aren't needed. Just ask in guild chat. It's what's there for. If you consider it spam then tell your guys to send tells instead of using guild chat.

Love the idea of being able to send a mail message to everyone in the guild.

EazyWeazy
01-03-2008, 10:24 AM
I agree with this, in addition a Guild only LFM would be an idea.

I like that idea. That's great!!!

Ozark_Spellmaster
01-03-2008, 10:32 AM
All of those are good ideas.

Improved ranking- yes plz. Leader, Officer, Member is a little basic for Chain of Command!

Alliance Chat- Thats nice. Would definetly be helpful since alot of cats have toons in allied guilds.

GUILD HOUSES PLZ!! :)

The_Phenx
01-03-2008, 12:56 PM
/signed

Arianrhod
01-03-2008, 02:34 PM
GUILD HOUSES PLZ!! :)

Well, wouldn't expect guild houses till housing in general comes out. But guild banks would be nice (or do those already exist & I just haven't managed to find out about it yet? - would have thought that would be one of the top items on a wishlist for guilds).

parvo
01-03-2008, 02:37 PM
Well, wouldn't expect guild houses till housing in general comes out. But guild banks would be nice (or do those already exist & I just haven't managed to find out about it yet? - would have thought that would be one of the top items on a wishlist for guilds).

Guild banks? Can't say I'd use it, but I can see other guilds wanting it.

parvo
01-03-2008, 02:39 PM
While I'm at it, let's add a guild tithe. Not sure it has much purpose but since guild housing is nex on the wishlist, might as well get this in place first :)

Caelan
01-03-2008, 02:43 PM
guild banks... definitely would use.

alliance chat would be extremely helpful. or even the ability to make a customized chat.

would love to be able to somehow note alts of guildies. it's always amusing when an officer logs onto a rarely used alt to find "you have been dismissed from your guild" because we were cleaning house. lol

Lorien_the_First_One
01-03-2008, 03:16 PM

Actually a cpl months back the Devs said the opposite...guild housing will be first.

And no, guild banks don't exist yet.

Falco_Easts
01-03-2008, 05:27 PM
I don't know about all guilds but I do know many that don't PUG much. I imagine they see the guild chat spam all night (Like my guild) with folks trying to figure out what group they can get into, who has the star, etc. Like it or not, an aweful lot of players don't PUG. Making it easier for them to get into guild groups is a good thing.

I agree there are some out there that don't PUG much, hence my suggestion that an area where they can see LFM's started by guildies. There is a difference between that and a guild only LFM though.

Vizzini
01-03-2008, 05:33 PM
/signed

parvo
01-04-2008, 08:33 AM
I agree there are some out there that don't PUG much, hence my suggestion that an area where they can see LFM's started by guildies. There is a difference between that and a guild only LFM though.

Guilds that don't PUG, don't put up LFM's.

Thunderwolf
01-08-2008, 12:02 AM
All of these are great ideas and should be well thought threw and looked at. But if I had to pick only one Guild Mail would be the one I picked.

vegabond1969
01-19-2008, 09:34 PM

Not to sound like a windbag or nothing, but with the excepion of yours and a couple other guilds, MOST guildes do PUG. Just seems like you guys are in the minority. Besides, shouldn't these issues you are presenting be more suited for a guild's website. Just more incoherent and useless items taking up screen space. IMO.

~Jules921
01-20-2008, 02:42 AM
I would very much like an entire tab for alliance guilds, the ability to chat with them outside of party and tells. I would also like to see who is in a party on the guild page.

Jules

Gorlyn
01-20-2008, 02:45 AM
Agreed with jules...that would rock

Dante99
01-20-2008, 11:03 AM
How about a part of the social panel where your guild can create events and then you can click whether you will be attending or not. My guild does this on our forums, but it would be so nice to just have all that in game - as alot of our members don't check the forums ever or often enough, but on event night it always seems like we have enough people to fill parties. If it was just in game it would be so nice and simple.