PDA

View Full Version : Petition: Wild Areas, unlock them for every levels.

Icharius
01-01-2008, 11:12 AM
Merry Xmas, Hanuka, And New Year to all.

I will like to make a simple suggestion about some of the Wild Areas Dungeon: Cerulean Hills, TangleRoot, Searing Heights, etc.

Since I play a lot with the guild, my character always seems to be gaining XP to fast, and with this, loosing the chances to play in this areas.

So my suggestion is that Devs should value more this spaces as some very fun and random play areas. If a PC has a level too high, then just add a tweak of setting the XP gaining below the average, proportional to the level of the character. Just the XP, not the CR of the denizens, so everyone regardless of the level can still enjoy this beautiful and so well design outdoors dungeons. This tweak should not be too hard, but you are the experts.

I really enjoy that random playing when I am short of time, and its frustrating been reminded in every kill that I am just wasting my time, no XP, no nothing.

I also would like to see more randoms chest thrown there too.

This is just my humble opinion, Devs most have their reasons they did it like that in the first time and I respect it, but I just wanted Devs to acknowledge taht by unlocking this areas for everyone with this kind of tweak, you will have players enjoying more random killing and using more time of their air-time in this areas.

Thank you for your time.-

BlueLightBandit
01-01-2008, 11:24 AM
I'm confused... you want to expand the levels in which you can gain xp... so your characters that gain xp "too fast" can gain MORE xp???

I like the thought... but your justification for the concept is bizarre.

Personally I think that the counters for the high level areas should stop when your character is XP capped. I mean, there's this whole period that your characters cannot gain additional xp, but the counters are increasing. The number of completions stops incrementing at cap, and now with the change to the death penalty, there is no reason to gain additional xp while capped (as death does not lessen your current xp any more).

So... stop counting slayers, rares, and explorers upon cap. When the cap is raised again, characters will start from where they left off.

Thanks.

Icharius
01-01-2008, 11:31 AM
Not gaining more, If I overpower a wild area and gain as little as 1 xp, thats fine for me. What I would like is not having that message in everykill and still be available to find a chest or two.

I understand why Slayers should be restricted, but why the rares? Can´t they be adjust to match the character level?

All I say its Devs could throw something at us in those places eventhought we are with a higher lvl alt, just to loose that senseless killing feeling I got everytime I am capped in one of this areas.

BlueLightBandit
01-01-2008, 11:44 AM
Not gaining more, If I overpower a wild area and gain as little as 1 xp, thats fine for me. What I would like is not having that message in everykill and still be available to find a chest or two.

I understand why Slayers should be restricted, but why the rares? Can´t they be adjust to match the character level?

All I say its Devs could throw something at us in those places eventhought we are with a higher lvl alt, just to loose that senseless killing feeling I got everytime I am capped in one of this areas.

If you don't like senseless killing... you might be playing the wrong game.

You can still get the chests... you can still kill the rares... you just won't get any xp... why? Because at level higher than the area it is less of a challenge.

My original thought still plays though... why do you want xp on a character that you already said gets xp "too fast"?

Lorien_the_First_One
01-01-2008, 11:50 AM
Don't they now have slayers at pretty much every level? Why not just run in the level appropriate slayer?

Yeric
01-01-2008, 11:52 AM
Characters level so fast. Perhaps having a wider range to the level allowed in the lower level wild areas. We could enjoy being in these areas for a longer period of time.

Icharius
01-01-2008, 11:52 AM
If you don't like senseless killing... you might be playing the wrong game.

You can still get the chests... you can still kill the rares... you just won't get any xp... why? Because at level higher than the area it is less of a challenge.

My original thought still plays though... why do you want xp on a character that you already said gets xp "too fast"?

You make em realize something, it´s the MESSAGES that bugs me, "warning A high level character is preventing u....." Isn´t enough just say it once when you enter the area?.-

And about of the xp gaining "too fast", was because I got a week of vacation, now I will go back to work and probably wont gain XP that fast.

Icharius
01-01-2008, 11:55 AM
Don't they now have slayers at pretty much every level? Why not just run in the level appropriate slayer?

And loose the chance to explore all of them? I really like the details and hard work Devs, and 3d modellers have put into it, just to ignore it for a matter of proper level, it´s not my style.

Ron
01-01-2008, 12:19 PM
I agree with the OP, although perhaps not for the same reasons. In a game where the devs are struggling to provide enough content as it is, restricting the content they have to particular levels was a bad (and to be honest, somewhat bewildering to me) move . Let people run (and get credit for) the rares, slayers, and explorers if they want to, irregardless of their levels. If you want to prevent power leveling through these areas, base everyone's XP gain off of the highest level character present and give out penalties as appropriate (just like the dungeons).

Drekisen
01-01-2008, 12:27 PM
Maybe still get the message you are to high, and I don't care if I don't get any XP, but what would be really cool on the ones you passed up is if you could get the completion credit in your quest journal. You know like such and such explorer done, such and such rare encounter with the name and the words done next to it. That would be kind of nice. I like BlueLights' OP about stopping the counter until the level cap is increased for the higher level ones, that would be great if they implemeted that.

As far as getting xp so fast that u are passing certain stuff up, get used to that, there is such an abundance of xp in this game I sometimes think it's too much.

Lorien_the_First_One
01-01-2008, 01:07 PM
I agree with the OP, although perhaps not for the same reasons. In a game where the devs are struggling to provide enough content as it is, restricting the content they have to particular levels was a bad (and to be honest, somewhat bewildering to me) move . Let people run (and get credit for) the rares, slayers, and explorers if they want to, irregardless of their levels. If you want to prevent power leveling through these areas, base everyone's XP gain off of the highest level character present and give out penalties as appropriate (just like the dungeons).

Ok, you've won me over, that makes sense :)

Lithic
01-01-2008, 02:12 PM
Maybe still get the message you are to high, and I don't care if I don't get any XP, but what would be really cool on the ones you passed up is if you could get the completion credit in your quest journal. You know like such and such explorer done, such and such rare encounter with the name and the words done next to it.

YES! For the love of all that is Holy (Or Unholy), please let us complete these just to get completion beyond their cap! I don't care if theres no exp, I don't care if you empty the chests, I don't care if I have to do them cursed, blind, slowed, enfeebled and mummy-rotting, just let me get completion!

Drekisen
01-01-2008, 02:14 PM
YES! For the love of all that is Holy (Or Unholy), please let us complete these just to get completion beyond their cap! I don't care if theres no exp, I don't care if you empty the chests, I don't care if I have to do them cursed, blind, slowed, enfeebled and mummy-rotting, just let me get completion!

R u being sarcastic? lol

If ur not I apologoze....was just re-reading a post in a thread where I got vorpaled by someone I did not agree with :)

Lithic
01-01-2008, 02:19 PM
R u being sarcastic? lol

If ur not I apologoze....was just re-reading a post in a thread where I got vorpaled by someone I did not agree with :)

No sarcasm at all there. I really really reallyr eally really really REALLY want to be able to get completion of the lower wilderness areas on my higher level characters. Its one of the reasons one of my rerolls is stuck at lvl 4, since I don't want to outlevel any future lowbie wilderness areas, nor do I want to reroll later wasting two unbound +2 tomes.

So to summerize, no sarcasm there. Let us get completions even if above max level of an area. Thank you, and good night! :D

Eregion2
01-01-2008, 03:21 PM
If I'm correct, the slayer assignments cap off at 400 kills, and you only gain experience from the other rare encounters and such the first time you do them anyway, right? I could be wrong, but I think that's how I remember it working. If that's the case why is there a level cap at all? There's not much of a problem with people farming experience when the experience is already limited.

Prinstoni
01-01-2008, 03:29 PM
Merry Xmas, Hanuka, And New Year to all.

I will like to make a simple suggestion about some of the Wild Areas Dungeon: Cerulean Hills, TangleRoot, Searing Heights, etc.

Since I play a lot with the guild, my character always seems to be gaining XP to fast, and with this, loosing the chances to play in this areas.

So my suggestion is that Devs should value more this spaces as some very fun and random play areas. If a PC has a level too high, then just add a tweak of setting the XP gaining below the average, proportional to the level of the character. Just the XP, not the CR of the denizens, so everyone regardless of the level can still enjoy this beautiful and so well design outdoors dungeons. This tweak should not be too hard, but you are the experts.

I really enjoy that random playing when I am short of time, and its frustrating been reminded in every kill that I am just wasting my time, no XP, no nothing.

I also would like to see more randoms chest thrown there too.

This is just my humble opinion, Devs most have their reasons they did it like that in the first time and I respect it, but I just wanted Devs to acknowledge taht by unlocking this areas for everyone with this kind of tweak, you will have players enjoying more random killing and using more time of their air-time in this areas.

Thank you for your time.-

Well I could care less about xp form those areas, but it would be nice to know that we have completed all of the objectives in those areas (even if we are "too high of level"). It would give us a reason to go back and run that stuff with our higher level characters.

Drekisen
01-01-2008, 03:46 PM
If I'm correct, the slayer assignments cap off at 400 kills, and you only gain experience from the other rare encounters and such the first time you do them anyway, right? I could be wrong, but I think that's how I remember it working. If that's the case why is there a level cap at all? There's not much of a problem with people farming experience when the experience is already limited.

The Slayer gets much higher as you go into the more advanced ones. Searing Heights is 750 and TR is 1500, and although they are both the same level range...Searing Heights IMO is way tougher to complete.

Lithic
01-01-2008, 06:20 PM
The Slayer gets much higher as you go into the more advanced ones. Searing Heights is 750 and TR is 1500, and although they are both the same level range...Searing Heights IMO is way tougher to complete.

Desert and gianthold hit 3000 (for three groups, total 9k kills), and the orchard can hit 7500, or so some people tell me.

As for searing heights being tougher... only if you don't have house P buffs (And shame on you if you don't get em by lvl 5) hehe.

Drekisen
01-01-2008, 11:21 PM
Desert and gianthold hit 3000 (for three groups, total 9k kills), and the orchard can hit 7500, or so some people tell me.

As for searing heights being tougher... only if you don't have house P buffs (And shame on you if you don't get em by lvl 5) hehe.

House P buffs do save you a lot, but those black wolves hit dang hard, and there is not much house p buffs do for soundburt stun. and that named Ghouls insta-death touch.......yeeeeeeouchhhhhh!

Seneca_Windforge
01-02-2008, 01:45 AM
Honestly, aside from a powerleveling penalty similar to the ones used in dungeons now (ie, if a person is 4 or more levels below the highest level person, *they alone* get penalties), I see no reason to reduce the XP awards for the slayer areas.

I mean, seriously...if a level 13 character wants to go to the Cerulean Hills and grab a few thousand XP (which, at level 13, is pretty insignificant), then let them. It's still far, far more efficient time-wise just to go do a standard quest, so I don't see a problem. It gives them something to do when alone; at-level outdoor areas tend to be pretty dangerous to solo at the higher levels, so that isn't always an option. I mean, if you have a group (even a smaller one of 3-4 people) why not just do a real quest and get better XP and loot? What's the point if you can't solo them relatively easily?

I guess the danger of the higher level outdoor areas will be less relevant with the new death penalty, since one death won't essentially erase your last several hundred kills. But still, I see no problem with a high level character grabbing a few thousand XP (less than a single rank!) from the lower level slayer areas.

Icharius
01-02-2008, 10:44 AM
I can see many agree with me.

So make this louder and sign in this petition:

Icharius Signed!

Karranor
01-02-2008, 10:52 AM
No XP is fine in the lower areas. I see no reason that my 14 rogue should get XP in WW. However, I would like the ability to get the counters for them. I am one of those sticklers that like to do all quests on elite, go do everything at least once. I would be fine with no XP but I would like to grab the rares, discoveries and even the kills. Honestly I enjoy running around slaughtering kobolds whether there is XP to be had or not!

Drekisen
01-02-2008, 02:39 PM
Oh there it is.....

SIGNED!

Lithic
01-03-2008, 06:40 PM
If only such petitions actually accomplished anything. Would really REALLY like to be able to complete those areas on my capped chars :D

Hakushi
01-03-2008, 09:50 PM
I definitely agree with this and even posted about that more than once. These areas should be unlocked for all higher lvl characters but I have no problems to keep it locked for lower lvl characters. The xp gained at high lvl from the low lvl areas is pretty insignificant like Seneca said and I see no reason why these should remain locked.

For those who don't like the idea of their slayers/explorers/rare enconters going up while xp capped, give us an option: Advance Area Zones Quests while xp capped: yes/no.

SIGNED.