PDA

View Full Version : Death penalties not resetting and not capping at 5

ccheath776
01-01-2008, 08:58 AM
We got a big problem with the death system.
Its not resetting.

If I death once I lose one negative level, let my counter run out my health and everything returns to normal. This is in town mind you.

If I death again now I am at negative 2 levels.
Death again eventhough counter reset, negative 3.

I could keep doing this forever and end up with -100 levels.

Logically it should if you die, and your one minute passes, the counter should return to 0. Its only if I die another time within that same minute that I should get -2 levels.

It also needs to be capping at negative 5 levels regardless.

I'll have more once I play on risia more.

Litz
01-01-2008, 09:08 AM
Btw does these new death penalties apply to PvP?

Lithic
01-01-2008, 10:20 AM
They way it is supposed to work is the counter resets when you shrine (and probably in the tavern too). So if you enter a quest and die, you will gain a neg level for 1 min. If you die twice more, the third time should give you 3 neg levels for a min, then 2 neg levels for a min, then 1 one neg level for a min.

Then if you shrine and die again, you should have reset the counter and be back to getting 1 neg level for one min. This is also supposed to cap at 5.

ArkoHighStar
01-01-2008, 10:23 AM
doesn't really matter as it has been modified and we will get a new version to test out once they have finished reprogramming and testing

Mad_Bombardier
01-01-2008, 10:52 AM
We got a big problem with the death system.
Its not resetting.

<snip>

Logically it should if you die, and your one minute passes, the counter should return to 0. Its only if I die another time within that same minute that I should get -2 levels.Yes on the first part, it appears to be bugged and not capping at 5 negative levels.

No on the second part. Deaths are cumulative. If you die, wait out the debuff timer, play for 5 minutes, die again, you are still at 2 cumulative deaths and receive the longer debuff. Resting at a shrine should reset your cumulative death counter, effectively making it a "deaths per day" penalty.

ccheath776
01-02-2008, 08:11 AM
Yes on the first part, it appears to be bugged and not capping at 5 negative levels.

No on the second part. Deaths are cumulative. If you die, wait out the debuff timer, play for 5 minutes, die again, you are still at 2 cumulative deaths and receive the longer debuff. Resting at a shrine should reset your cumulative death counter, effectively making it a "deaths per day" penalty.

Then I will check it again.
I think even at a tavern it is not resetting.
I will check a shrine as well.

IMO if thats true then there should be a slight adjustment because there are some problems with it only resetting at a shrine or in a tavern.
- What if you die and forget about it then log out. When you log in, you wont remember to reset your death counter. Easily fixed by going to a shrine in a quest but still..
- With no visible counter how do you know how many deaths you have?

I think once you leave a quest and are in town, your counter resets, maybe a 2 - 3 minute delay to avoid exploiting it but once in town it should get reset.

But the counter is not capping at 5, I could have deathed 14 times and had -14 levels. It did not cap out.

Mad_Bombardier
01-02-2008, 10:39 AM
IMO if thats true then there should be a slight adjustment because there are some problems with it only resetting at a shrine or in a tavern.
- What if you die and forget about it then log out. When you log in, you wont remember to reset your death counter. Easily fixed by going to a shrine in a quest but still..
- With no visible counter how do you know how many deaths you have?I semi-agree that a logout could clear the death counter. Except that some unscrupulous people will surely log out midquest to clear deaths (and relogin within 5 minutes to still be in dungeon). So, not sure how to handle that one. /stumped

I also agree that the death counter should be displayed (and not just in Touch of/Claimed by/Owned by, as those debuffs disappear in a very short amount of time, even before the end of the fight.