PDA

View Full Version : So...

Nirvana
01-01-2008, 04:10 AM
I was bored, so I downloaded Lotro and tried it out.

After 1 hour of playing, I said this to myself: I love DDO even it's lack of content.

GlassCannon
01-01-2008, 06:01 AM
Stop running with those whiny elitist pricks and run with some decent people for a change bro.

Oh, and bring the aussies with you. They are just plain cool.

Avenir
01-01-2008, 11:38 AM
[QUOTE=GlassCannon;1496886]Stop running with those whiny elitist pricks and run with some decent people for a change bro.

I've been playin over there, and I dont see any of that attitude.

Shrazkil
01-01-2008, 11:47 AM
I was bored, so I downloaded Lotro and tried it out.

After 1 hour of playing, I said this to myself: I love DDO even it's lack of content.
Not to nitpick, but...
This is not exactly something that should be in the development thread. I wasted a full minute of valuable slacking at work time to read this.

Ron
01-01-2008, 12:00 PM
I play both games. LOTRO is a good game, it's just not DDO. I think most DDOers wouldn't like it, it requires a whole different mind set to play. Essentially it is more of a mainstream MMOG, with the "Fed-Ex" quests and "Kill X Foozles" quests and crafting grind and housing.

Basically, it's pretty much a WoW clone with better graphics. However, what saves it from total mediocrity (IMO) is the story line and setting. It is actually pretty cool to wander around Hobbiton and check out Bag-End where Bilbo and Frodo lived (and now belongs to the Sackville-Baggins), to kill goblins and orcs, to wander to the top of Weathertop where Frodo was stabbed, and so on and so forth. I've actually spoken with Gandalf and Aragorn, which is fairly neat (even if they are just 3D models spitting out scripted responses). And you do get to participate in the story of the war of the ring (through what are called the "Epic Quests"). If it wasn't for the setting, I probably wouldn't play it.

And yeah, this doesn't belong in Development Discussion :)