PDA

View Full Version : Lost & Found: A Sarlona Server Event. Friday, January 11th

Lost_Leader
12-30-2007, 01:18 PM
Lost & Found Event

Before I go over what you will be doing, I will go over the rules of the finish. At 7pm Pacific, on the dot, all of the Lost Legions’ Officers will teleport back here. (If we have someone waiting to finish up their turn, we will complete before teleporting.)

This means you will want to be sure to complete your final portion with a bit of time to spare, so that you don’t lose out on points.

At 7pm return here for final score tallying and prize awarding.

Now, on to the details. There are currently 5 Lost Legions Officers in various locations throughout all of the public areas. (With the exception of the Restless Isles, no one out there.)

Some of these officers are out in the open, others are more reclusive and may be tough to find. They each have given directions or clues on where to find them. Each Officer has a list of items they want you to procure for them.

Finding Officer’s and getting them their desired goods is worth points. Each different officer you find and open up their trade screen is worth 3 points.

You must open a trade window to get points for finding the officer!

The items they want vary in point value, 1, 2 or 3. Each officer is looking for 3 different items.

Whoever has the most points at 7pm, at the end of the contest, will win and have first choice at the loot!

Remember to return here (House D) at 7pm Pacific to hear the final scores and to receive prizes if you win!

Now, the Officers, their clues, and what they are looking for:

Chuckster:

Back where it all began, back where kobold's were fierce and skelly's were abundant...where an ooze was master in the warehouse basement and you hauled grog for a living, that is where you can find me...come and find me if you can.

I collect corundums. Today I am looking particularly for rubies. Rubies in different forms, to be specific: Powdered Ruby, Ruby and an Uncut Ruby.

Seaanherunga:

This won’t hurt much, just a little Sting. Finish the lyrics to find where I am.

Just a castaway, an island lost at sea, oh…
Another lonely day, with no one here but me, oh…
More loneliness than any man could bear.
Rescue me before I fall into despair, oh…

Ill send an s.o.s. to the world,
Ill send an s.o.s. to the world,
I hope that someone gets my _______.

I am looking to make a culinary masterpiece, but I am missing three key ingredients. Perhaps you can help? I need: Dried Fruit, Tasty Ham and some Spicey Fungal Gumbo.

Bjourn:

Open your hand and close your eyes, if you find me in the corner it'll be a surprise.

As I prepare myself to help to eradicate the vermin problem in and around Stormreach, I find myself in need of a few strategic papers. Specifically I am looking for:

A Password to a Kobold Prison, The Notes of a Hobgoblin Shaman and The Detailed Combat Orders of a Hobgoblin Tactician.

Jezibele:

I rest in peaceful green, Beyond the dreary Grave. Blossom below to protect from woe.

As I prepare myself for a good fight against the undead, I find myself in need of a few supplies. I will need: A String of Prayer Beads, A Sacred Shield and a Club of the Holy Flame.

Whistle:

As for myself, I will belly up at my favorite dive. It’s a bit swampy, but the ale is good!

While your out looking for everyone else, perhaps keep an eye out for a few shields for my memorial wall to the loot gods. I am looking for: 3 types of Ghost Touch Shields: Stability, Blinding and Bashing.

Hosted by the officers of the Lost Legions. Come on out for something a bit different. Test your skills and knowledge as a DDO player. Win some excellent prizes! This event is open to everyone, though access to House P buffs could definitely help.

How:
You Must Sign Up!!! Sign up by Friday January 11th at noon Pacific to be eligible. In order to be eligible to win, you must sign up for the event. To sign up, all you have to do is send a PM here to Lost Leader, or send an in game mail to Whistle. The PM/In-Game Mail must include the name of the character you will be playing during the event!

When:
Friday, January 11th from 5:00pm to 7:30pm Pacific Time. (Sorry to Jerry that this overlaps with his Raid Week, but we have been planning this for awhile and we had some people arrange their work schedules to make this date work.)

Where:
Meet in front of the House Deneith Keep, up the ramp by the mailbox.

What:
The details of the event will be given at the meet, in general chat, by Whistle. This post will then be edited to include the event details. It would be beneficial to be able to switch between DDO and the Forums, so you may want to be in windows mode.

Other Info:
As stated above, we will meet in House D. At this time the event details will be given in general chat, and then posted here. We will be meeting at 5:00 and the event will last until about 7:30. If you are late, you can catch all of the rules/details on this post. Being late will hurt your chances to win. You must be there until the end to win, so plan on being there the full time.

So... do we have your curiosity peaked? Ready to test your skills and knowledge? Want to know the Prizes?! Well here is what we have gathered so far that will be given away to the winners:
A full set of the Tome of Legends, pages I to VIII
A full set of +1 Stat Tomes
Your choice of color of 25 Dragon Scales
A full set of Gianthold Relics: Elf, Dragon and Giant
A bag Full of Tapestries
A Huge Pile of Adamantine Ore (anyone see the post about using adamantine in the Eldritch Device?)
...and perhaps a few other goodies!

So, do you have a few hours on Friday 11th evening available? Want a chance at the loot? Want a little change of pace and something different to do? Sign Up!

This event is hosted by Lost Legions officers. Everyone else is welcome to enter. All prizes were gathered and donated by the officers.

brshelton
12-30-2007, 01:21 PM
ill try and come! nice prizes!

AoD45154
12-31-2007, 03:08 PM
Sounds fun! I'll post a link to this on our guild forum.:)

Lost_Leader
01-05-2008, 07:50 AM
One week away, remember to sign up!

To sign up just pm me here, or send an in game mail to Whistle.

nessguy
01-05-2008, 10:50 AM
i dont get ff of work untill 6:00 pm :(

isldur
01-05-2008, 05:21 PM
Hopefully we can get a good turn out for this :D

Mockduck
01-05-2008, 06:43 PM
Just chiming in to say I'm totally fine with y'all running this at the same time at Friday's Titan raid for Raid Week. There's plenty of room for events! Sounds like you'll be having a good time. Mentioned it on this week's show, too, just FYI.

Lost_Leader
01-10-2008, 05:35 PM
Thanks Jerry!

Just a reminder to everyone, event is tomorrow, Friday 11th, 5pm Pacific Time. We are meeting in House D up by the mailbox. Don't forget to sign up!

See ya there :D

Lost_Leader
01-11-2008, 08:05 PM
Event in progress!

We are 1/3 the way through, one hour left!

Current standings are:
1st Place: Wasabie 17pnts
2nd Place: Pyrethria 14pnts
3rd Place: Lorenia, Symp & Sandblaster: 9 pnts

Keep goin! Gogogo!!!

Kargon
01-11-2008, 08:17 PM
Grrr what are Tasty Ham doing as one of ingredimients in this event? of course all tasty ham are be sent to Kargon for free 1000 points, which count towards nothiming at all ;)

Dozen_Black_Roses
01-11-2008, 08:29 PM
Grrr what are Tasty Ham doing as one of ingredimients in this event? of course all tasty ham are be sent to Kargon for free 1000 points, which count towards nothiming at all ;)

Lol well help a fellow traveler out and bring some over to Sarlona, i cant find one anywhere :P

Lost_Leader
01-11-2008, 08:34 PM
The 2/3 update!

1st place: Wasabie with 28pnts
2nd place Pyrethria with 20 points
3rd place: 5 players with 16 points

Dozen_Black_Roses
01-11-2008, 09:19 PM
I just wanted to thank Lost Legions for a tremendous event, I really had a blast, trying to find the hidden officers and getting the items...was giddy like a schoolgirl lol! And of course thanks for the prizes, very uber! A first class event :)

NiBB
01-11-2008, 09:24 PM
That was the most fun I've had on DDO in the last 6 months. I'm not knocking content, or griping about pugs.. I'm just being honest. I love DDO, perhaps too much at times, haha... so when I say this was the most fun I've had in 6 months, I mean that as major compliment to this whole event's staff, not as an insult to DDO in the slightest.

If I would of come in 6th place and gotten some Ore I would of loved to repeat this adventure until ransack. :)

Looking forward to the next one. It was prefectly organized, hosted, and was FAIR.

Yeah, I said FAIR! OMG.

They even split into a 2nd guild, so that people wouldn't be able to see each other on guild list as far as what house they were in.

HOW COOL IS THAT?

I'm gonna stop right there, because I'm really not one to asskiss... ever.. at all.

But you *ALL* did an absolutely flawless job on this.

Please run more.

I'd love to help if you are short handed.

Thank you! (squared times a thousand)

Lost_Leader
01-11-2008, 09:27 PM
Final Scores!

1st place: Symp 33 points - chose the full set of Tome Of Legends pages.
2nd place: Wasabie 30 points - chose 25 white dragon scales
3rd place: Pyrethria 22 points - chose full set of +1 stat tomes
4th place: Lorenia 21 points - chose 25 relics of each type from gianthold
5th place: Vallandra 20 points - chose 90 chucks of adamantine ore
6th place: Tie to Cloie, Draver and Fizban at 19 points - split the final prize of 100 tapestries

We had a great time setting up and running this event, and just want to thank everyone who came out to play! Different guilds and solo artists were all represented, it was great fun. A big congrats to the winners, and if we do another, we hope to see ya there again!

NiBB
01-11-2008, 09:29 PM

Sorry Kargon.. but in anticipation of the event I mailed you 3 Tasty Hams the other day.

Nyah!!

:)

brshelton
01-12-2008, 02:21 PM
Sorry Kargon.. but in anticipation of the event I mailed you 3 Tasty Hams the other day.

Nyah!!

:)

i mail all mine and if i see someone pull them or theyre cheap on the ah he gets those too :)

KoolHand
01-12-2008, 02:39 PM
Gets all the tasty hams. He uses them to sop up all fluids from oil change. He then puts on AH fro cheap buyout in hopes they get sent to that son of a pond scum Kargon...

Kargon
01-12-2008, 02:52 PM
Gets all the tasty hams. He uses them to sop up all fluids from oil change. He then puts on AH fro cheap buyout in hopes they get sent to that son of a pond scum Kargon...

no no, that one of the more commomon methomods of making Smoke Cure Ham, tho technicamally that variant called Oil Sopped Ham, but eithermer way, no tasty ham are harmed in the makaming of Smoke Cure Ham or Oil Sopped Ham