PDA

View Full Version : Three things that have to be fixed in the next release

parvo
12-26-2007, 03:05 PM
1. Ladder hitching. C'mon guys. We've been climbing ladders since Donkey Kong.

2. Sound effect issues. Oh my.

2. Incorrect dungeon difficulty display. This just can't be hard.

<<Edit>> Make that four things. The guild chat bug has to be fixed.

I was really happy someone finally fixed the scorpion targetting bug until I realized it was replaced with ladder hitching and sound effect bugs. These three bugs are readily apparent to any new or trial subscriber. They speak volumes about how Turbine views quality. Let's put a better game in front of the new user and get these things fixed.

Impaqt
12-26-2007, 03:08 PM
THese are minor anoyances and dont speak at all about the quality of the game.

Should they get fixed? Of course, but laying down somesort of altimatium is silly.

Wat are you going to do when these things arent fixed?

Rowanheal
12-26-2007, 03:12 PM
The ladder thing is really really really annoying... if there were only a couple of ladders in the game I would just avoid them all... however there are many ladders, each with their own nefarious hitch!:(

They have fixed 1... count it 1 ladder so far... *sigh*:confused:

Please fix ladders... oh... you cam make all the ladders PINK while you are at it :D

See ya in Stormreach,

-R

parvo
12-26-2007, 03:23 PM

Should they get fixed? Of course, but laying down somesort of altimatium is silly.

Hopefully they will get fixed. If not, I'll do what the devs suggested. Report them all again.

ArkoHighStar
12-26-2007, 03:49 PM
ladder hitching is more than annoying it can get you killed

GlassCannon
12-26-2007, 03:52 PM
ladder hitching is more than annoying it can get you killed

And does. Frequently. Especially in places like the Twilight Forge and Waterworks part 3.

sigtrent
12-26-2007, 04:00 PM
Ya, laddres are bad times right now...

but the other two? I don't even know what issues you are talking about, so they can't be all that prevelent.

honkuimushi
12-26-2007, 04:12 PM
There are a lot of sound problems with breakables. Sometimes you get no sound, sometimes the sound is late, sometimes it's the wrong sound(break a barrell and it sounds like stone), and sometimes you get muliple sound effects on the same break.

BUpcott
12-26-2007, 04:18 PM
There are a lot of sound problems with breakables. Sometimes you get no sound, sometimes the sound is late, sometimes it's the wrong sound(break a barrell and it sounds like stone), and sometimes you get muliple sound effects on the same break.

Clearly game breaking...

Ladder tho I could appreciate the fix since as other have said sometimes causes death. Don;t know the last time a breakable sound glitch got me killed ;)

Fourfingers
12-26-2007, 08:53 PM
How about the Abbot goggle bug? I mean it's been there since release and they try to be playful about it saying "remove loose articles of whatever" but comeon, a bug is a bug and if you forget, you get stuck in a loading screen and can't disband your party and need to log in as a different character and file a GM ticket to get it fixed.

DasLurch
12-26-2007, 11:14 PM
....At least they finally got Stormcleave fixed :)

Dirkan
12-27-2007, 09:20 AM

They absolutely DO speak about the quality of the game. To me quality means attention to detail.

Impaqt
12-27-2007, 09:27 AM
They absolutely DO speak about the quality of the game. To me quality means attention to detail.

THen why have you been playing for 2 years? For such a terrible game, you sure seem to have no trouble paying your $15 a month.

Dirkan
12-27-2007, 09:30 AM
THen why have you been playing for 2 years? For such a terrible game, you sure seem to have no trouble paying your $15 a month.

What does my playing for 2 years have to do with it being quality or not? there's good enough and then there's quality...maybe I like my guild.....

Impaqt
12-27-2007, 11:49 AM
What does my playing for 2 years have to do with it being quality or not? there's good enough and then there's quality...maybe I like my guild.....

I'm just saying that these minor annoyances (OK, maybe the ladder thing is a smidge above minor) havent stopped you from enjoying the game why do you think they would stop others?

ArkoHighStar
12-27-2007, 11:55 AM
And does. Frequently. Especially in places like the Twilight Forge and Waterworks part 3.

yeah waterworks 3 is where it got me as I stuck on the ladder as they pelted me. The solution I have found is to move your camera position from looking up in air, to looking down as you climb, it seems to solve the issue once you get the timing right

VirieSquichie
12-27-2007, 12:16 PM
yeah waterworks 3 is where it got me as I stuck on the ladder as they pelted me. The solution I have found is to move your camera position from looking up in air, to looking down as you climb, it seems to solve the issue once you get the timing right

When you hit the stopping point on the ladder, tap the down button once then continue going up. Works every time...

...but shouldn't have been allowed in the game at all, easy thing to catch in QA.

parvo
12-27-2007, 12:31 PM

Some of us are hard core D&D fans. The only reason I picked up the box for another MMO was the brand. I'll probably be here for a while but if I was just starting this game now, I'd wonder why ladders and such don't work two+ years after release.

parvo
12-28-2007, 06:49 AM
Make that four. Guild chat bug. Arghh...

Yukiko
12-28-2007, 08:01 AM
Guild chat seems to be the biggest IMO

twix
12-28-2007, 09:33 AM
What exactly is the guild chat bug? And besides the second most annoying ******** thing in ddo is the quick tab bug.Like when you log your cleric to run a quest and you have to sit in the tavern to get your dvs back even though you had them all when you logged.Or when your playing your battle cleric and you press one to cast heal only to cast recitation because your quick tabs are screwed up and you forgot that you have to press the arrow once and then again to get it right?I hate those bugs that should be # 5 on your list.

Dirkan
12-28-2007, 09:36 AM
The guild chat bug is not being able to enter chat channel periodically when you login a character. Either dropping guild and getting a reinvite or logging in a different character then loggin back in usually restores it.

Mad_Bombardier
12-28-2007, 11:15 AM
Make that four. Guild chat bug. Arghh...This fix (http://turbine.fuzeqna.com/ddo.support/consumer/kbdetail.asp?kbid=4846) from the Knowledge Base has 100&#37; prevented further guild chat bug for me. :) Now, we just need it applied universally to all DDO accounts.

BlueLightBandit
12-28-2007, 11:41 AM
Three things that have to be fixed
You keep using that word... I do not think it means what you think it means.

DaveyCrockett
12-28-2007, 02:31 PM
I'm just saying that these minor annoyances (OK, maybe the ladder thing is a smidge above minor) havent stopped you from enjoying the game why do you think they would stop others?

That's a really silly argument. Someone can enjoy the game while at the same time desire it to have a 'polished' feel. I love this game, but every time that I hear 'Tanglefoot' I just cringe. With the length of time we sit between new content releases I think that a polished environment would serve better purpose of retaining the 'non-commited' players more so than a half-assed game.

parvo
12-28-2007, 04:33 PM
This fix (http://turbine.fuzeqna.com/ddo.support/consumer/kbdetail.asp?kbid=4846) from the Knowledge Base has 100% prevented further guild chat bug for me. :) Now, we just need it applied universally to all DDO accounts.

Thanks Mad. You're a DDO stud :)

Ringlord
12-28-2007, 05:21 PM
I have only ever had a problem 1 time on 1 ladder so I don't have an issue there myself and I never knew there was a targeting problem with Scorpions. Do you mean how you lose target when they go underground? That is because that is supposed to happen. If you are referring to some other problem with targeting of them I never noticed any myself.

honkuimushi
12-28-2007, 10:39 PM
Some of the time scorpions became untargetable and unhittable while above gound. But they could still hit you.
Backing off and letting them go underground would usually fix it, but realizing they were bugged and getting everyone to back off before you had a few deaths could be a problem, especially on elite.

TsunamiBomb
12-28-2007, 11:02 PM
Returned to DDO a few days ago and have spent my time leveling 2 fighters.

Both are level 6 now.

I would say ladder hitching happened on about 30% of the ladders I used from levels 1-6. It is a very common bug.

All that said, I would still rather the devs spend their time on something else (anything else).

Urguloth
12-29-2007, 10:37 AM
....At least they finally got Stormcleave fixed :)

Shhhhhhhhhhh!! Don't say anything about that or it'll just break itself again!

/smash!

Well... that was short lived :o

parvo
12-29-2007, 10:40 AM
I have only ever had a problem 1 time on 1 ladder so I don't have an issue there myself and I never knew there was a targeting problem with Scorpions. Do you mean how you lose target when they go underground? That is because that is supposed to happen. If you are referring to some other problem with targeting of them I never noticed any myself.

The scorpion targetting bug evolved through several different forms before getting fixed. The worst was sometime around mod 2 when Scorpions could become invisible and untargetable but still hit you. There were some mean phantom Deathstalker Scorpions back in the day. They finally got that one and I'm real thankful but there's work to do.

Invalid_86
12-29-2007, 01:10 PM
I didn't realize that these were the three...er four....most pressing issues in the game right now.

parvo
02-04-2008, 10:23 AM

I'm going to complain again.

There are a lot of little things fixed in mod six but ovelooking these is bad. Seriously, how hard is it to make a ladder that works?

Kerr
02-04-2008, 10:48 AM

Actually, I've been killed a few times because I was stuck on a ladder in the endless climb loop. So that is speaking to game quality.

ChildrenofBodom
02-04-2008, 11:19 AM
You keep using that word... I do not think it means what you think it means.

LOL! Love that movie...

Inconceivable!

At least, I THINK you are quoting Indigo from Princess Bride...