PDA

View Full Version : Warforged Healers

Twerpp
12-26-2007, 12:44 PM
It would be great to have a cleric immune to negative levels, holds, and who is a bit more durable than the ROTD (Races Other Than Dwarf :) ). I think that warforged that cast healing magic (not from wands or scrolls) should be able to heal themselves or other WF at 100% or at least a higher percentage. Maybe through some enhancement line similar to healers friend but vice versa.

Forgehealer: I cast heal on myself!

DM: You heal for 55 hit points

Forgehealer: (looks up at the sky towards his deity) Cmon man 55 hit points on a heal? I gave up sex for this?

What do you guys think about this?

Kerr
12-26-2007, 12:52 PM
Nope.

You get enough bonuses for being WF there have to be drawbacks.

Crarites
12-26-2007, 12:56 PM
Would be a nice way of adding a domian for the repair line of spells, with the domain ability to transmute a cure spell to repair spell.

Of course adding domains as ap buys would open up alot of things.

Ghoste
12-26-2007, 01:05 PM
Gotta agree with Kerr. Warforged can already be healed by both divine and arcane casters.

MysticTheurge
12-26-2007, 01:41 PM
Not a good idea.

Just get Healer's Friend. That's already better than you should be able to get.

MrCow
12-26-2007, 01:45 PM
Two action points for Healers Friend I and maybe a few tossed into Life Magic and you really shouldn't have much trouble keeping your livewood butt up.

kanbeki
12-26-2007, 02:02 PM
I think reforged get 100% from divine healing, it'd be sweet if we got them

Twerpp
12-26-2007, 02:37 PM
Eh, I was just thinking who is the WF diety of choice? Lord of Blades isn't really a diety right? How does he bestow divine power to WF clerics and Pallys? If clerics (any race) could take an enhancement line to improve heal power on WF would you use it?

Ghoste
12-26-2007, 02:46 PM
Eh, I was just thinking who is the WF diety of choice? Lord of Blades isn't really a diety right? How does he bestow divine power to WF clerics and Pallys? If clerics (any race) could take an enhancement line to improve heal power on WF would you use it?
the Becoming God. A construct god with a cult of followers in the Mournland which is working on making it possible for him to manifest himself in Eberron.

The Lord of Blades is not a god, and no warforged think he is. He is a figurehead for ideals, which are enough in Eberron to create a religion able to grant divine power.

Tanka
12-26-2007, 02:54 PM
Divine Magic works a might bit differently in Eberron than in, say, Faerun. Clerics and Paladins can get their abilities from a belief, not necessarily a god/deity/whatever. Believe in something strongly enough, and it is considered your "deity" for the purposes of spellcasting, divine abilities, so on and so forth.

MysticTheurge
12-26-2007, 03:07 PM
Onatar would probably be a good god for warforged too.

llevenbaxx
12-26-2007, 03:29 PM
Nope.

You get enough bonuses for being WF there have to be drawbacks.

They added the Healers Friend enhancements, why not a clerics equivalent?

I dont see a difference.

Impaqt
12-26-2007, 03:38 PM

I dont see a difference.

Because the closest equivalent would be Human recovery....

Healers Friend effects spells cast on you. Not spells you cast.

As a Primary cleric, I wold never take the enhancment line even if they offered it. There just isnt enough non arcane Warforged to worry about it. My heal spells/Scrolls buff them up just fine.

MysticTheurge
12-26-2007, 03:58 PM

There is a cleric equivalent. It's called "Life Magic" and it adds a percentage to the healing done by all your healing spells.

parvo
12-27-2007, 08:45 AM
It would be great to have a cleric immune to negative levels, holds, and who is a bit more durable than the ROTD (Races Other Than Dwarf :) ). I think that warforged that cast healing magic (not from wands or scrolls) should be able to heal themselves or other WF at 100% or at least a higher percentage. Maybe through some enhancement line similar to healers friend but vice versa.

Forgehealer: I cast heal on myself!

DM: You heal for 55 hit points

Forgehealer: (looks up at the sky towards his deity) Cmon man 55 hit points on a heal? I gave up sex for this?

What do you guys think about this?

I think this is a good place for splash Sorc or Wiz. Use Repair wands. Although I have to wonder if with healers friend and devotion lines, you couldn't get just as good heals with normal cures and such.

Lorien_the_First_One
12-27-2007, 09:07 AM
I think this is a good place for splash Sorc or Wiz. Use Repair wands. Although I have to wonder if with healers friend and devotion lines, you couldn't get just as good heals with normal cures and such.

No you can't. You have the devotion line either way so all you are working with is healers friend and it doesn't get you up to 50%.

You may not realize this since you are PD, but at higher levels wand healing is rather ineffective on anyone other than a squishy, far too many hp.

Mercules
12-27-2007, 10:14 AM
No you can't. You have the devotion line either way so all you are working with is healers friend and it doesn't get you up to 50%.

You may not realize this since you are PD, but at higher levels wand healing is rather ineffective on anyone other than a squishy, far too many hp.

He has normal characters as well.

Basically a WF gets a lot of bonuses that are balanced against their -2 stat points and their reduction in healing and a vulnerability to Rust Monsters.

They have a hard time drowning
Immune to sleep, energy drain, nausea, exhaustion, poison, disease, and paralysis effects.
Can't be targeted by "Humanoid" spells like Hold Person
Light Fortification
Auto-stabilization which with Mod 6 will get better

Considering they can be healed by arcane and divine means they really don't need an increase in what they get back from Divine spells.

If I were creating a WF "Healer" to heal a WF party then I would create a Wiz/Cleric 1 or Sorc/Cleric 1. The Cleric would be to get all those status removal wands like Remove Blindness, Lesser Restoration, Remove Curse, Remove Fear, Remove Paralysis(Uneeded for all WF parties), Remove Disease(Uneeded), and Neutralize Poison(Uneeded). Unfortunately you will need UMD for the Restoration and Raise Dead scrolls so maybe Sorc/Cleric would be better.

The other option is just going Cleric and realizing that you are saving SPs in not needing to cast numerous spells; no, "I have Str damage from the Spider's poison."

redoubt
12-27-2007, 11:40 AM

I don't know if your idea will fly, but this made me laugh. Thanks. :D

redoubt
12-27-2007, 11:46 AM
If I were creating a WF "Healer" to heal a WF party then I would create a Wiz/Cleric 1 or Sorc/Cleric 1. The Cleric would be to get all those status removal wands like Remove Blindness, Lesser Restoration, Remove Curse, Remove Fear, Remove Paralysis(Uneeded for all WF parties), Remove Disease(Uneeded), and Neutralize Poison(Uneeded). Unfortunately you will need UMD for the Restoration and Raise Dead scrolls so maybe Sorc/Cleric would be better.

The other option is just going Cleric and realizing that you are saving SPs in not needing to cast numerous spells; no, "I have Str damage from the Spider's poison."

I think Mercules is on a good track here. You could make a great WF Cleric by going pure sorc. (Wiz maybe too, but with Sorc you get better UMD.) Max spell points and UMD for those non-arcane rez / restoration type scrolls. Then you have a large sp pool for reconstruct!

Heladron
12-27-2007, 11:50 AM

I agree. You'd really need a dedicated wizard with focus in the Lineage of Force enhancements that is willing to play full time WF fixer upper. I've thought of it, but haven't been sure if it would be real popular with the groups or not. I like WF, and I'd thought it would be nice to run a WF wizard as a cleric, but meh, I don't know. Maybe I'll try it some day.

Swordalot
12-27-2007, 12:28 PM
Divine Magic works a might bit differently in Eberron than in, say, Faerun. Clerics and Paladins can get their abilities from a belief, not necessarily a god/deity/whatever. Believe in something strongly enough, and it is considered your "deity" for the purposes of spellcasting, divine abilities, so on and so forth.

So what they've said all along *is* true!
If you believe in yourself, you can do anything!
Just believe you can cast that cometfall and you can!

Can you really be considered your own deity? How could you punish yourself...?

ZarakNur
12-27-2007, 01:33 PM
So what they've said all along *is* true!
If you believe in yourself, you can do anything!
Just believe you can cast that cometfall and you can!

Can you really be considered your own deity? How could you punish yourself...?

It is kinda neat in Eberron how that works.

You can be an atheist and still be a cleric.

As long as you have a strong set of beliefs about 'something'.

Like the Kalashtar, they follow the 'Path of Light', basically a belief system that focuses on positive energy.

They get domains and everything...

Swordalot
12-27-2007, 01:40 PM

Like the Kalashtar, they follow the 'Path of Light', basically a belief system that focuses on positive energy.

So an evil cleric could "believe" in maiming orphans and still get spells? Neat. Idea for a new character...

Lorien_the_First_One
12-27-2007, 02:26 PM

Actually that was always a core option in 3.0...

ZarakNur
12-27-2007, 02:43 PM
Actually that was always a core option in 3.0...

Ah, didn't know that.

I went from years and years of home blend PnP straight into Eberron.

Wanna talk about a shock to the system!! :D