PDA

View Full Version : Happy Holidays are for Corporate summoned pets and Noobs!

LeslieWest_GuitarGod
12-25-2007, 02:33 AM
Don't you just hate when you walk into a store and you hear the dork and dorkess behind the counter wish you a happy holiday? I know I detest that corporate bull dung.

So on this Christmas morning, I'd like to wish ya'll a very Merry Christmas and a happy New Year!

And to my world wide friends (thanks mainly to this game):

Nollaig Shona Dhuit! (Gaelic), Buon Natale e Felice Anno Nuovo (Italian), Feliz Navidad y Próspero Año Nuevo (Spanish), Joyeux Noël et Bonne Année! (French), Fröhliche Weihnachten und ein glückliches Neues Jahr! (German), Mele Kalikimaka & Hauoli Makahiki Hou (Hawaiian), En frehlicher Grischtdaag unen hallich Nei Yaahr! (Pennsylvania German), Sung Tan Chuk Ha (Korean), Pozdrevlyayu s prazdnikom Rozhdestva is Novim Godom (Russian), Mo'adim Lesimkha. Chena tova (Hebrew).

And to you troops out their fighting, you must already know that the Iraqi Christians will tell you Idah Saidan Wa Sanah Jadidah. Get home safe, ya'll make all us Americans proud! We wont ever forget you, ya'll are the REAL LIFE super heroes.

And of course, last but certainly not least, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanzaa & Yuletide Tidings....

God Bless you all....

/signed Aandre the Giant, Frobozz of Zork, Commodore 64, Loca Shan, & Rudolph Rednose (Ok, only kidding on that one!;))

Ghoste
12-25-2007, 02:36 AM
Meh, my personal celebration of choice is the Day of Mourning.

brootus31
12-25-2007, 02:59 AM
Merry Christmas back at ya..... an American holiday since just before the Civil war in 2 states!

LeslieWest_GuitarGod
12-25-2007, 03:00 AM
Meh, my personal celebration of choice is the Day of Mourning.

Hahaha.... well what else to expect from a living, sentient construct superficially similar to golems, with no sexual orientation... hehehe

Nevthial
12-25-2007, 03:05 AM
Happy Yuletide from the Temple in Upsalla!

Hvymetal
12-25-2007, 03:25 AM
Happy Holidays!!!:p:rolleyes:

honkuimushi
12-25-2007, 03:48 AM
Happy Emperor's Birthday-- okay, okay, it's a day late. :D

Lorien_the_First_One
12-25-2007, 08:49 AM
Don't you just hate when you walk into a store and you hear the dork and dorkess behind the counter wish you a happy holiday? I know I detest that corporate bull dung.

So on this Christmas morning, I'd like to wish ya'll a very Merry Christmas and a happy New Year! ;))

The irony is that you complain about "happy holiday" and some of the foreign languge versions you mention just say "happy holiday" or "happy festival".

But a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you.

LeslieWest_GuitarGod
12-25-2007, 09:33 AM
Happy Emperor's Birthday-- okay, okay, it's a day late. :D

Ahh yes, Japanese....

Shinnen omedeto. Kurisumasu Omedeto

updated...

Aesop
12-25-2007, 09:46 AM
May the celebratory time of your choosing be both gratifying and jubilant

and may the diety or dieties of your choosing extend his,her or their felicity unto you and all your kindred and comrades

may the servicemen and servicewomen be hale and blissful and a swift end to all hostilities so they may return to their habitations to be with their cherished kin and cohorts

Aesop

moorewr
12-25-2007, 10:55 AM
I can't think of any annoyance in life less important than how people wish me Merry Christmas. Especially from anonymous store clerks who are just following orders.

Oh, also, a very happy holidays to you.

Vardak
12-25-2007, 11:44 AM
Sadly,
Some people are simply unhappy and therefore unwilling to accept pleasantries whatever the form. I'm sure the "Dork" behind the counter would happily respond to your opinion away from his place of business.

Merry Christmas to you in any case.

Lithic
12-25-2007, 11:50 AM
Merry Winter-een-mas!

LeslieWest_GuitarGod
12-25-2007, 12:25 PM
store clerks are just following orders.

Ahhhhhhhhh.... spoken in true Retailese! This wasnt aimed at the innocent retailed summoned pets, but the corporate wizards who choose to force catch-phrases down their employees throats (that they may not want to say) and take words they DO want to say out of their mouths, especially something as personal to some as Christmas.

/signed your new District Manager!!! ;)

Kruler
12-25-2007, 12:38 PM
MERRY CHRISTMAS and may the New Year bring us freedom from strife.

Hvymetal
12-25-2007, 12:50 PM
May the Flying Spaghetti Monster touch you with his noodley appendage!!! RAMEN!!!

Mercules
12-25-2007, 01:44 PM
Placed in the wrong forum...

This has nothing to do with DDO.

smatt
12-25-2007, 01:55 PM
More Fox News propaganda LOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOL

Happy Holidays to all... :)

LeslieWest_GuitarGod
12-25-2007, 01:56 PM
Are we absolutely CERTAIN warforged are immune to disease??? A few have been spotted lately suffering from something..... :) Maybe someone can roll a warforged Dr Phil when the monk class arrives..... hmmmmm

LeslieWest_GuitarGod
12-25-2007, 02:00 PM
More Fox News propaganda LOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOL

Happy Holidays to all... :)

Oh Im no fan of the Unfair & Unbalanced network..... they are about as balanced as a... baahhh its Christmas... ...Still tinks that channel needs a reroll personally.... but thats just me.

smatt
12-25-2007, 02:08 PM
Oh Im no fan of the Unfair & Unbalanced network..... they are about as balanced as a min/max build... they are min on the news and max on bullsh**)*)* :) Think that channel needs a reroll personally.... but thats just me.

Ha ha, sorry then :)

But this is one of their favorite lines of BS they quaff or quiff :) on their little sheep :(

And while I find it perfectly fine to use "Merry Christmas", I also see the wisdom in using the "Happy Holidays" line, as it's really hard to tell these days whether one subscribes to the "Christmas" thing or any number of other celebrations. So the "Happy Holidays" line is a one size fits all way to go..... :) I will gladly offer Merry Christmas to soemone Iknow celebrates or in reply to someone elses "MC". But will generally stick to "HH" to those who I do not know, or know that're are of Jewish decent or any other religious/non-religious leanings. I think it's more out of respect for all peoples beliefs, not that it's the politically correct thing to do.

Neither line seems to be right or wrong, but from a business stand point, I'd stick with the "HH" instead of the "MC" ;)

Aesop
12-25-2007, 04:28 PM
Merry Winter-een-mas!

That's a couple weeks away isn't it? I thought that went in around my Birthday January 25th

Aesop

DoctorWhofan
12-25-2007, 04:41 PM
And to you troops out their fighting, you must already know that the Iraqi Christians will tell you Idah Saidan Wa Sanah Jadidah. Get home safe, ya'll make all us Americans proud! We wont ever forget you, ya'll are the REAL LIFE super heroes.

And of course, last but certainly not least, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanzaa & Yuletide Tidings....

God Bless you all....

/signed Aandre the Giant, Frobozz of Zork, Commodore 64, Loca Shan, & Rudolph Rednose (Ok, only kidding on that one!;))

While this doesn't apply to me this year, it does apply to my hubby and many of my friends and neighbors. Thanks for remembering them. The are often forgotton in the piles of political nonsense.

LeslieWest_GuitarGod
12-25-2007, 04:55 PM
While this doesn't apply to me this year, it does apply to my hubby and many of my friends and neighbors. Thanks for remembering them. The are often forgotton in the piles of political nonsense.

Regardless the decade or regardless the war, the soldier (the real fighter) was always the 1st to be forgotten. This shouldnt happen any longer .. with technology where its at. Screw politicians, notice they dont let US hug THEIR CHILDREN. Grab a soldier, give HIM or HER a hug. Or give a hug to any of a soldier's loved ones. THEY will cherish it much, much more.

/salute

SableShadow
12-25-2007, 06:38 PM
Grab a soldier, give HIM or HER a hug.

I am no longer 'in harness' but I know we always appreciated a respectful nod or a warm smile. Hugs depend on the giver. :D

Magnyr_Delorn
12-25-2007, 06:47 PM
Oh Im no fan of the Unfair & Unbalanced network..... they are about as balanced as a... baahhh its Christmas... ...Still tinks that channel needs a reroll personally.... but thats just me.

All the mainstream news stations need a reroll, on both sides! To have a total blackout on the GOP candidate with the most individual campaign donations is simply unacceptable. Nevertheless, We The People will choose our candidate independent of the mainstream media, and we choose Ron Paul!

TreknaQudane
12-25-2007, 07:12 PM
Ahhhhhhhhh.... spoken in true Retailese! This wasnt aimed at the innocent retailed summoned pets, but the corporate wizards who choose to force catch-phrases down their employees throats (that they may not want to say) and take words they DO want to say out of their mouths, especially something as personal to some as Christmas.

/signed your new District Manager!!! ;)

Believe me, If you're getting a 'Happy Holiday' be happy.. I'm sure they'd rather tell you to go away so they can finish their other duties so they are able to get home to -thier- families and not have to wait till after closing to complete them.

CrazySamaritan
12-25-2007, 07:52 PM
That's a couple weeks away isn't it? I thought that went in around my Birthday January 25th

Aesop

That's right, he's about a month early.

LeslieWest_GuitarGod
12-25-2007, 09:09 PM
Believe me, If you're getting a 'Happy Holiday' be happy.. I'm sure they'd rather tell you to go away so they can finish their other duties so they are able to get home to -thier- families and not have to wait till after closing to complete them.

Hahaha, I'm a guy, which means I follow the customs and protocol of the male gender when out shopping. Be it elf, dwarf, human, drow, or halfling, we all have one core rule we follow to the T when we go shopping. It's called our "Get Rule". We get in, get it, get reciept, get out, get to car, get home. So, what is this after closing shopping thing you are referring to now??? ;)

LeslieWest_GuitarGod
12-25-2007, 09:13 PM
I am no longer 'in harness' but I know we always appreciated a respectful nod or a warm smile. Hugs depend on the giver. :D

Would you take a hug from a 4'3 280lb muscular dwarf with 24" pythons fully flexed wearing a red white and blue bandana with Hulk Hogan-like yellow hair and yellow wrestling tights? To the background music "I Am A Real American?"

In all seriousness though... I salute your service to our country.

Lithic
12-25-2007, 10:28 PM

Aesop

ACtually, it was decided that since Jesus gets a whole month for a christmas season, then Winter-een-mas would also have a month-long "Winter-een-mas Season"

Kinda like turning the radio stations to all-jingle-bells-all-the-time on December 2nd.

Riai
12-26-2007, 10:28 AM
ACtually, it was decided that since Jesus gets a whole month for a christmas season, then Winter-een-mas would also have a month-long "Winter-een-mas Season"

Kinda like turning the radio stations to all-jingle-bells-all-the-time on December 2nd.

True, but we still have to wait almost a week until it begins.:(

Ghoste
12-27-2007, 11:25 PM
Hahaha.... well what else to expect from a living, sentient construct superficially similar to golems, with no sexual orientation... hehehe
Exactly. It's not like you'd all expect a construct to celebrate a fertility holiday or anything...

Jk, Merry Christmas you silly meatbag.