PDA

View Full Version : Question re: Mod 6 on Risia

Do'Urden
12-24-2007, 10:11 AM
So....I actually took the time to download / install / patch the Risia client to preview Mod 6. Much to my chagrin, it appears that the latest upload of my account is from 4 - 5 months ago...probably pre-Mod 4. The downside for me is that I've only been playing for 6 months or so. None of my four current 14th level capped toons are even to lvl 13 yet :/ I walked my very untwinked lvl 12 fighter out to the Vale and was promptly splatted for my efforts ;)

So....I'm not aware of any mechanism to get my current account copied over to Risia. Do I just have to wait for Mod 6 to be released? I've decided it's not in my best interests to level a toon from 12 to cap on Risia hehe.

Mad_Bombardier
12-24-2007, 10:16 AM
Yup. Sorry, it's going to happen whenever people go on Risia. Newer players don't have their latest character/goodies/spells/uberlewt. Maybe we'll get another character copy to Risia in another year or so, maybe not. If you are going to try to level up, do it now while there's actually people playing there. Because when Mod6 goes live, Risia will be a ghost town again.

SableShadow
12-24-2007, 10:17 AM
So....I actually took the time to download / install / patch the Risia client to preview Mod 6. Much to my chagrin, it appears that the latest upload of my account is from 4 - 5 months ago...probably pre-Mod 4. The downside for me is that I've only been playing for 6 months or so. None of my four current 14th level capped toons are even to lvl 13 yet :/ I walked my very untwinked lvl 12 fighter out to the Vale and was promptly splatted for my efforts ;)

So....I'm not aware of any mechanism to get my current account copied over to Risia. Do I just have to wait for Mod 6 to be released? I've decided it's not in my best interests to level a toon from 12 to cap on Risia hehe.

They periodically refresh the player data over on Risia. I'm also using a version of my character from a few months ago, as in, not running her on Risia. :)

Do'Urden
12-24-2007, 10:22 AM
Yup. Sorry, it's going to happen whenever people go on Risia. Newer players don't have their latest character/goodies/spells/uberlewt. Maybe we'll get another character copy to Risia in another year or so, maybe not. If you are going to try to level up, do it now while there's actually people playing there. Because when Mod6 goes live, Risia will be a ghost town again.

Doesn't really encourage people to go check out the new content, huh? Strangely enough...Risia was a ghost town for the 30 minutes or so I was looking around. Only a handful of folks logged in and not a single LFM up. I could have started one but I was already defeated that I couldn't realistically hit lvl15 in a short while :) Oh well...I should be in better shape come the next transfer...I hope.

MysticTheurge
12-24-2007, 10:36 AM
I'd be more than willing to give people on risia some of my (relatively) meager equipment if they need it.

And I'm happy to head out into the vale with people and play healer if they want to explore. (Or run a few quests to get you some XP.) Send me a PM if you want some help.

Mad_Bombardier
12-24-2007, 10:41 AM
Doesn't really encourage people to go check out the new content, huh?No, it doesn't and I'm okay with that. Risia is nice for checking out new zones or levelup spells/feats/enhancements or seeing gameplay mechanics changes. It's great to see those things, but I don't think the general populace needs to see all the content prior to release. :)

honkuimushi
12-24-2007, 10:47 AM
What made them break down and do another transfer? When I left, they were refusing to do another transfer and had the idea that Risia would become a regular server with a stable and permanent population. Several of us though they were making a mistake, but the last I heard, they were still sticking to their guns.

Mad_Bombardier
12-24-2007, 10:54 AM
What made them break down and do another transfer? When I left, they were refusing to do another transfer and had the idea that Risia would become a regular server with a stable and permanent population. Several of us though they were making a mistake, but the last I heard, they were still sticking to their guns.Right, Turbine was adamant that we would not see another transfer to Risia and that we should play there and level up test characters. Then, after some folks even formed guilds on Risia, Turbine wiped it to test the server merge. The 'transfer' was all characters from all servers copied/merged to Risia. And they added a note that Risia is not a permanent server. So, who knows what will happen in the future.

MysticTheurge
12-24-2007, 10:54 AM
What made them break down and do another transfer?

It was a test case for the server merges. They merged all the servers onto risia using the algorithms they were going to use for the live server merges, just to make sure it worked properly.

honkuimushi
12-24-2007, 11:13 AM
Thank's for the update, guys. :D