PDA

View Full Version : Rename inactive characters? Or osmething like that?

Kromize
12-23-2007, 03:03 AM
Maybe when somebody has left they're account inactive/unpaid for for over 2 months or something, the characters are renamed, like a slight change in the name. For example if somebody has the name ...Jacky...and they go inactive/unpaid account for 2 months, the character is renamed to Jacky-I, or something. That way, people that make the trials, then don't play the game, can't just rip off names or anything. This would open up so many name possibilities...

I would love something like that.

/sign

Hvymetal
12-23-2007, 03:40 AM
Not signed. Honestly many people leave this game for several months and then return, renaming them would not, in my opinion be a good policy. Honestly I haven't found a problem getting a name so long as it is something fairly original. I can imagine the moaning now when someone goes off for 6 mos to up to a year (I dunno say Iraq or something) and then comes back to find they have been renamed so someone else can come in and claim their name.

GlassCannon
12-23-2007, 04:00 AM
inactive characters for over a year. Typically these are trial characters, or people that may not ever come back. They, upon resuming their account, are given a Rename Token to take the ~ off the first part of their name.

Example:

Billybobthornton goes inactive in MOD 1

Billybobthornton is renamed to ~Billybobthornton

A new player rolls up a Billybobthornton

The old player, since they have been away for so long, might have changed quite a bit, and has a strong possibility of not minding the rename token, using it almost immediately to name ~Billybobthornton "Betty" instead.

Lorien_the_First_One
12-23-2007, 08:57 AM
Maybe at the one year mark...but definately not before or you will just annoy potential returning players and we need people to return. As Heavy said, there are lots of good reasons people leave for a little while.

Frankly, the name isn't a big thing. Unless you are being less than original there isn't a big problem picking a name most of the time.