PDA

View Full Version : Not unreasonable Mod 6 request

Lithic
12-22-2007, 10:43 AM
Isnt it about time to code a way for characters that are above the level range of Explorer Area quests to be able to get completion?

Even at the cost of no exp, some of us just want to be able to finish those.

LadeeM
12-22-2007, 10:51 AM
Although I understand what you're trying to get at, if there isn't any XP attached to completion, there's no point to it. Personally, I only do explorers and slayers for XP. In fact, I try NOT to do them if I have a capped character, because in my mind, I'm losing XP. It's not like running WW or STK on elite at lvl 14, because there isn't even any favor attached to it. So I doubt anything like this would be implemented.

Now, if somehow they could attach a sort of favor with it, say cheaper Potions from House P or a haggle item from House K, I could understand running them for a completion without XP.

bandyman1
12-22-2007, 11:15 AM
Although I understand what you're trying to get at, if there isn't any XP attached to completion, there's no point to it. Personally, I only do explorers and slayers for XP. In fact, I try NOT to do them if I have a capped character, because in my mind, I'm losing XP. It's not like running WW or STK on elite at lvl 14, because there isn't even any favor attached to it. So I doubt anything like this would be implemented.

Now, if somehow they could attach a sort of favor with it, say cheaper Potions from House P or a haggle item from House K, I could understand running them for a completion without XP.

What he's getting at LadeeM, is that some people find enjoyment in having evey quest in their journal completed. Now, it doesn't make a difference to me, nor to you obviously, but those players are out there, and they've been asking for this ever since it was determined that there is no way for a character over the level range of a specific outdoor area to do so. So for them, it's not wasted XP, or time.

Lithic
12-22-2007, 11:58 AM
What he's getting at LadeeM, is that some people find enjoyment in having evey quest in their journal completed. Now, it doesn't make a difference to me, nor to you obviously, but those players are out there, and they've been asking for this ever since it was determined that there is no way for a character over the level range of a specific outdoor area to do so. So for them, it's not wasted XP, or time.

Hit it on the nose Bandy.

Besides, if Im waiting for a group to fill up, or just waiting for an LFM that looks interesting, I'd rather go nuke stuff for fun rather than cruise the auction house. Right now theres no point only because you cannot get completion.

GuitarHero
12-22-2007, 12:22 PM
Hit it on the nose Bandy.

Besides, if Im waiting for a group to fill up, or just waiting for an LFM that looks interesting, I'd rather go nuke stuff for fun rather than cruise the auction house. Right now theres no point only because you cannot get completion.

it would have the same point if you could get completion as now that you can't. It'd be a way to kill time. You can kill time without having to worry about completion, bro.

Lithic
12-22-2007, 03:01 PM
it would have the same point if you could get completion as now that you can't. It'd be a way to kill time. You can kill time without having to worry about completion, bro.

You don't get it. I WANT completion. No point now because you cannot GET completion (Unless you do the areas as you level, which isnt really an option for my capped characters,though I have been on my new characters). If I can later GET completion, then I would actually be accomplishing something rather than spinning my wheels.

Just because you don't consider quest completions as important as Xp capping, or loot, or favor, doesn't mean that nobody else does either. If you cant understand the point I am trying to make, you likely never will and we should just agree to disagree :D

Lithic
12-23-2007, 09:37 PM
And while we are at it, are there any plans to turn some of the old areas into explorer zones? Restless isles, faithfull departed, Steam tunnels, threnal to name a scant few...

Vormaerin
12-23-2007, 09:58 PM
While the request itself isn't unreasonable in general, I'm pretty sure *any* request specifically for Mod 6 is unreasonable at this point. It ought to have been in content lockdown for a while now, seeing as its starting to hit Risia.

Regarding the other areas getting converted, the devs have addressed this. The short version was "we'd like to do that at some point, but its low on our priorities as we'd rather add new content then revise existing content."

philo
12-23-2007, 10:00 PM
You don't get it. I WANT completion. No point now because you cannot GET completion (Unless you do the areas as you level, which isnt really an option for my capped characters,though I have been on my new characters). If I can later GET completion, then I would actually be accomplishing something rather than spinning my wheels.

Just because you don't consider quest completions as important as Xp capping, or loot, or favor, doesn't mean that nobody else does either. If you cant understand the point I am trying to make, you likely never will and we should just agree to disagree :D

Wanting completion for no reason other then to have a check mark next to it in your quest log is similar to stroking your own personal e-peen. No matter the reason why you want it there is no reason for it other then self gratification.

This suggestion seems like a waste of dev time to me.

Lithic
12-23-2007, 10:40 PM
Wanting completion for no reason other then to have a check mark next to it in your quest log is similar to stroking your own personal e-peen. No matter the reason why you want it there is no reason for it other then self gratification.

This suggestion seems like a waste of dev time to me.

Self gratification? What did you THINK playing a video game was about? Its about having fun (Self gratification doesnt mean what you seem to be implying FYI). I have fun completing everything. You have fun (I assume you find SOMETHING fun) doing other things. Why would my fun be less important than yours?

In any case, it has nothing to do with e-peens as you put it as I would be the only one to know or care, where as your quest for the uber loot is mostly to 'keep up with and surpass the Jones's"

Oh and feel free to disagree, though theres really no need to bring such hostility.

Lithic
12-23-2007, 10:44 PM
While the request itself isn't unreasonable in general, I'm pretty sure *any* request specifically for Mod 6 is unreasonable at this point. It ought to have been in content lockdown for a while now, seeing as its starting to hit Risia.

You are most likely correct. The problem is several people have been bringing this up since the first of the new explorer areas hit Risia (Yes, they weren't even live yet). I'd just like to know if this is a pipe dream, or if they are even thinking and trying to come up with a way to let us complete these areas.