PDA

View Full Version : Seriously Devs, mod 6 request for us clerics.

Cowdenicus
12-22-2007, 04:36 AM
For the love of all that is holy, can we start seeing some good (even great) cleric raid loot....

I dont think it is much to ask for....

Just a couple of decent items really.

How about Superior Healing lore and Superior devotion 8 on an item.....

(and before some melee comes in here and says "Oh thats way too powerful for the level", do I need to point out some of the weapons that have been released?)

Seriously, some love for the clerics would be nice in the loot department.

(That is all)

Serpent
12-22-2007, 04:59 AM
Umm... Dragon helm, greenblade, napkin, torc, just to name 4 of the top of my head.

No raid item is class exclusive.

Riminy
12-22-2007, 05:30 AM
Maybe you can, who knows what this crafting thing brings!? No class has its own item except for the staff from lailat. But that staff is terrible and umd bypasses it.

Cowdenicus
12-22-2007, 05:34 AM
Umm... Dragon helm, greenblade, napkin, torc, just to name 4 of the top of my head.

No item is really beneficial (well maybe the dragon helm) for clerics either..... the napkin is if you are a nuking based cleric, the torc is worthless unles syou pull agro or are a battle cleric, the greenblade, again nuking cleric (and it is good for a whole 5-6 spells then :rolleyes: )

uhm yeah.

Turial
12-22-2007, 05:36 AM
Clerics and bards do need some raid loot love. For the clerics an item like what cow suggested would be nice. For the bards, it would be cool to see weapon slot item that was an actual instrument and increased the length of bard songs and gave them an increase to the saves for their enchantment spells (+2 would be good).

Torosar
12-22-2007, 05:37 AM

Just to add to this a little..reaver gloves give you the superior healing lore you are looking for, DR on dragon full plate helps concentration.. as do bramble-casters, or stoneskin on a lailat ring. Titan boots help your balance (which most clerics have a very low skill of) and let you be speedy to out-run angry monsters. Even the Abbot had a couple things with use to a cleric, the trinket had a clicky to reduce your spell costs so you could spam heals for little cost, the staff with greater necro and enchant focus to help with greater commands, slay living and destruction.

Superior Devotion 8 isn't particularly useful anyway. As a cleric you only really need 3 spells (apart from those crazy times when you need to spam every heal you have because someone is having their backside handed to them), Cure Mod Wounds (for low hp people), Heal (for higher hp people) and Mass Cure Mod Wounds (to cure everyone after they all take a bit of damage, or top everyone up). It's not hard at all to get a Superior Devotion 6 item which is all you need.

As Serpent said.. no raid item is really class exclusive, which is obvious because of the immense array of builds and play styles that exist in this game. It would be very limiting if loots were all made to suit particular classes as no two people really play a class the same way.. but that's a side issue really so i won't ramble on.

I'm sure your cleric will be able to use something from the Module 6 'raid zone', as all the other raids have provided something useful and i'd doubt the developers wouldn't provide a loot useful to such a group core class as a cleric. I guess we just have to wait and see.

Hvymetal
12-22-2007, 06:15 AM
Agreed, Clerics and Bards both need some loot love.

thatguy
12-22-2007, 07:06 AM
For the love of all that is holy, can we start seeing some good (even great) cleric raid loot....

I dont think it is much to ask for....

Just a couple of decent items really.

How about Superior Healing lore and Superior devotion 8 on an item.....

(and before some melee comes in here and says "Oh thats way too powerful for the level", do I need to point out some of the weapons that have been released?)

Seriously, some love for the clerics would be nice in the loot department.

(That is all)

I have to agree, cleric loot is just terrible. And nothing save a few items are out there for a cleric that wants to concentrate on healing and DV's.

I love playing my cleric but I am resigned to that fact that I will always get crappy loot when I play either of my cleric's so really it is a thankless, expensive job w/ very little reward, save a thank you once and while.

Ghoste
12-22-2007, 07:51 AM
Sword of Shadows...mmm...