PDA

View Full Version : High level kobolds and troglodytes

GORAK
12-21-2007, 04:42 PM
We have the Menechtarun Desert where the typical 2HD gnoll from the Monster Manual has character class levels making them deadly fighters, archers, fire mages and clerics. In Gianthold, we have the typical 4HD ogre, 6HD minotaur and 6HD troll given char classes making them heavy hitting, high armored tanks of destruction and even see ogre and troll spellcasters with incredible high caster levels. Even the typical 1HD hobgoblin has char class levels throughout the DDO world all the way up to Cabal in Gianthold. There are some typical 2HD troglodytes in The Pit with CR10+ fighter and caster types making them very dangerous.

Just a question to the Developers- Are we ever going to see high level kobolds or trog's in further quests?
I would like to see a lowly 1/2 HD kobold with say 10 or 12 levels of wizard or sorcerer or maybe barbarian or fighter. In PnP, kobolds or trog's can advance in char classes just as regular core races can so who says that a few tribes here and there never advanced that far in their adventuring career. It would make things a lot of fun seeing the typical lowly mobs we saw in the harbor (trog's, kobolds) in end game content at dangerous elite mobs.

jwbarry
12-21-2007, 04:45 PM
M6 features a group of very angry high level fiendish troglodytes.

As for kobolds, well, there's a paragon template somewhere I remember reading about....

Hafeal
12-21-2007, 04:57 PM
Yark!

Yark! Yark!

:D

dragnmoon
12-21-2007, 05:06 PM

Well that is better then Very Happy High Level fiendish troglodytes :D

QuantumFX
12-21-2007, 05:25 PM

As for kobolds, well, there's a paragon template somewhere I remember reading about....

jw: Recipie for Dire Kobolds: Kobold + Half-Dragon Template + Sorc levels = hours of Player Character grief.

ToyVIP
12-21-2007, 08:36 PM
im liking this thread...

in tabletop i always used to swear if we came across high level kobolds... they'r highly irritating and add to that the way they move around, their size bonus, they'r a right royal pain in the backside...

id love to see this come in

BlueLightBandit
12-21-2007, 10:28 PM
Yark!

Yark! Yark! *splat*

:D

I fixed it for ya TMD.

GuitarHero
12-21-2007, 10:34 PM
man, i wiped a 9th level party with a 6th level kobold sorcerer once. They were like, "Psha, its a kobold. Here, i'll go boff him on the hea.... AHHHHHHHHH!" A couple rounds later, they were standing there with stunned looks on their faces, and i was on the ground laughing. I mean, it was about a month of my DM planning down the drain from a minor encounter, but they couldn't get around the fact that the kobold was kicking their tails!

Epitome
12-22-2007, 12:30 PM
I've always kept some sweet Reptilian Bane weapons just in case they add higher level reptilians; however, I always figured it would be Lizardmen or whatever that large bulky lizard race is called.

Turial
12-22-2007, 03:39 PM

You mean whats his name from the Haven may actually turn into a dragon?!?

On another note there are higher level trogs in the demon queen pre and some of the crypt quests.

2Fast4You
12-26-2007, 04:51 AM
And just when I thought Id Never have to see another Smelly Kolbold....

Jay203
12-26-2007, 10:57 AM
oh PLEASE, don't release higher level kobolds until you guys get around to fixing their stupid back jump that lets them get to places we can't even reach!

honkuimushi
12-26-2007, 11:24 AM
Fixing the "can't hit them while they're moving away" bug before you start giving them too many class levels would be appreciated too.

Hafeal
12-27-2007, 06:01 PM
I fixed it for ya TMD.

LOL.

Just saw this today!

Thanks for the smile.

GlassCannon
12-28-2007, 03:50 AM
jw: Recipie for Dire Kobolds: Kobold + Half-Dragon Template + Sorc levels = hours of Player Character grief.

And wiped permadeath parties.

I absolutely hate the casters in Waterworks. They incur unhealthy amounts of wrath.

Dariun
12-28-2007, 09:01 AM
I want to see a giant kobold construct. With big pointy teeth.

Mad_Bombardier
12-28-2007, 11:12 AM
I want to see a giant kobold construct. With big pointy teeth.O-tay! :D

http://www.unicron.us/tf1985/figures/grimlock2b.JPG

Lithic
12-28-2007, 11:18 AM
O-tay! :D

http://www.unicron.us/tf1985/figures/grimlock2b.JPG

That reminds me...

When can I start beating up T-rexes in this game? :D

My PnP campaigns often had them (Ok ALWAYS had them) and they were chomp-a-riffic

honkuimushi
12-28-2007, 12:23 PM

picture

Where did you find that? I think I still have mine in a dresser in the garage at my dad's house. It really brings back memories.

Dariun
12-28-2007, 12:31 PM

Awesome. :cool:

Mad_Bombardier
12-29-2007, 05:30 PM
Where did you find that? I think I still have mine in a dresser in the garage at my dad's house. It really brings back memories.Googled for 'Grimlock'. Ain't the interweb grand? :)

ebt-dnd
12-30-2007, 11:44 PM
Just as long as whatever uber kobolds are added, none are named Pun Pun. That would be a bad thing...

sirgog
12-31-2007, 07:35 PM
That reminds me...

When can I start beating up T-rexes in this game? :D

My PnP campaigns often had them (Ok ALWAYS had them) and they were chomp-a-riffic

Ooh yeah.

Fiendish T-Rex. Summon Monster 8 FTW.

Unfortunately DDO seems to save Huge and larger sized foes almost exclusively for raid bosses. The only exception I can think of is the Cloud Giants in the Mod 4 preraid (the Stormsworn Sky Knights).

fefnir3284
01-01-2008, 01:57 AM

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::D

well depending on the version but the general jist of a paragon is : max hp per level + 12 hp per level, +12 all stats, +20 damage, +12 insight ac, +12 luck ac, +5 natural ac, +20 to hit, +15 caster level plus dispel, haste, and true seeing, 10 res 10, frost res 10, and quite a bit of other stuff.

boy that will be one mean kobold, I hope he is a good guy ^.^

sirgog
01-01-2008, 04:25 AM
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::D

well depending on the version but the general jist of a paragon is : max hp per level + 12 hp per level, +12 all stats, +20 damage, +12 insight ac, +12 luck ac, +5 natural ac, +20 to hit, +15 caster level plus dispel, haste, and true seeing, 10 res 10, frost res 10, and quite a bit of other stuff.

boy that will be one mean kobold, I hope he is a good guy ^.^

Yeah paragons are tough. Especially as they have hard to bypass DR (DR/epic IIRC), which I'd interpret in DDO as meaning that only raid loot weapons and transmuters can deal full damage.

Stock up on transmuting of greater reptilian bane weapons now!

GlassCannon
01-01-2008, 05:59 AM
Yeah paragons are tough. Especially as they have hard to bypass DR (DR/epic IIRC), which I'd interpret in DDO as meaning that only raid loot weapons and transmuters can deal full damage.

Stock up on transmuting of greater reptilian bane weapons now!

Greataxe, check. Check... Check!? WHY DO I HAVE 3 OF THEM!?

I keep forgetting the axes I already have.

Oh, and my caster will have one heck of a time actually killing the things due to the nerfs she's going to get(proposed Metamagic changes, etc). I'd better beef up my melee!