PDA

View Full Version : DEV REQUEST: Phiarlan Pendant of Time Change

Kerr
12-21-2007, 04:22 PM
I really like the House Phiarlan Pendant of Time, it helps getting around the city quicker, but I find it a pain to keep in my inventory. Space is truly a critical thing, and if we have done the work to earn the Pendant, why can't we have it be a permanent effect? I like how the Blessing of the Silver Flame is a onetime shot trinket, that when you activate it as soon as you enter a public space it's boosting your heal/mana regen rate. Can you please change the Pendant to be activatable for a permanent effect while in the city or other non-combat areas just like the Silver Flame one? We know you've got the technology, it'd just be handy.

DagazUlf
12-21-2007, 06:34 PM
Oh man that would be great!

muffinlad
12-21-2007, 06:37 PM
Agree. This should be a perm effect for those not in a "hostile" instance.

muffintimer

cdbd3rd
12-21-2007, 06:59 PM
Although this is something of a 'having cake and getting to eat it too' situation - I'd certainly not argue against it.:p

Qzipoun
12-21-2007, 07:13 PM
The only problem I have with the pendant is it's one charge only. It's supposed to get me to places faster but I have to rest after each quest and wait for it to reset? doesn't make much sense.

Symar-FangofLloth
12-21-2007, 07:17 PM
The only problem I have with the pendant is it's one charge only. It's supposed to get me to places faster but I have to rest after each quest and wait for it to reset? doesn't make much sense.

Removing the charge and changing it to an unlimited use item would suffice for me. They have unlimited use abilities now (Paladin/Cleric enhancements), so it's not too far of a stretch.

Pellegro
12-21-2007, 07:42 PM
Excellent suggestions - making it a perm effect in non-hostile areas, or giving it many more (infinte) charges.

Either would be welcome.

Yay for good ideas.

Yvonne_Blacksword
12-21-2007, 08:02 PM
Please?
pretty please?

Grizzt14
12-21-2007, 08:16 PM
Nice idea! Would really help so you don't have to remember to constantly turn it on when you travel around town :).

GuitarHero
12-21-2007, 10:31 PM
I rarely use mine for much the reasoning listed above. Give it a few extra charges, or make it an always on in public areas kinda deal, and i'd be in heaven.

boldarblood
12-22-2007, 03:20 AM
Great idea, would love to see it permanent in non-hostile, be happy with multiple charges.

JFeenstra
12-22-2007, 03:59 AM
i never use it simply for the fact that it's a clicky (with one charge at that)...should be perm effect when equiped or a static effect like the blessing of the silver flame...would be more worth getting

Makdar
12-22-2007, 08:29 AM
The man gets my vote for brilliant post of the week!

Do'Urden
12-22-2007, 08:34 AM
I'm all for it. Shoulda' never rolled a caster. Now...getting around on my toons that can't haste or port themselves is a royal pain ;)

Kerr
12-22-2007, 11:44 AM
So far everyone otherwise seems to be in agreement. There really is no reason this speed boost shouldn't take effect just like the Silver Flame Blessings token. You use it once, every time you step into a public area it kicks in!

Kaldaka
12-22-2007, 05:26 PM
This is the TOTW for sure in my book!!!!

A brilliant idea!

Talcyndl
12-23-2007, 07:19 AM
...or if it has to remain a charged item, can you at least quicken the casting time. For an item that is supposed to speed things up, it sure takes a long time to activate. :D

MysticTheurge
12-23-2007, 07:59 AM
Always on in public instances would be great.

lostinjapan
12-23-2007, 08:13 AM
Excellent suggestion.

Lorien_the_First_One
12-23-2007, 08:44 AM
good suggestion

redoubt
12-23-2007, 09:17 AM
Not that I mind the suggestions... but for crying out loud (and some are) don't you ever use shrines in a quest?

For example: You use the pendant in town and run around for a while. Then you go in a quest, so the charge is gone. While you are in there you use a shrine. Charge is back. Then when you leave you can have it on while you run around town. Then recharge it in the next quest or even in a tavern.

Its not like it ever wears off.

Kerr
12-23-2007, 11:57 AM
My issue isn't isn't having to rest to get the charge back. It's just that the pendant takes up inventory space, and with new items coming out every module, we need to free up inventory space for only the vital stuff. Since they made it possible for the Blessing of Silver Flame to be always active once you are in a public space, there's no reason to not do the same with the Pendant.

redoubt
12-23-2007, 02:26 PM
Certainly I would like more inventory space, but at some point we just need to start prioritizing what we drag around.

My ranger has 40 weapons she lugs around, 20 item/clickies and 10-15 potion stacks, then arrows and theives tools. Average empty spaces is under 10. :eek:

Kerr
12-23-2007, 04:20 PM
Right, and a favor reward shouldn't take up valuable space, when it can function just like the Blessing of Silver Flame and be active at all times when in public spaces.

Corvid7
12-23-2007, 04:49 PM
I honestly don't have a problem with using the clicky or using my inventory to carry it around, but having a perm effect would be nice. And have one reward give an item with teleport 3/day... My fighter types take forever to get places!! All that running... :)

Glenalth
12-23-2007, 06:03 PM
I honestly don't have a problem with using the clicky or using my inventory to carry it around, but having a perm effect would be nice. And have one reward give an item with teleport 3/day... My fighter types take forever to get places!! All that running... :)

Possibly the next level of House P favor?

MysticTheurge
12-23-2007, 06:06 PM
Honestly giving out Teleports for favor would cut the legs out from under the Mark of Passage line of dragonmarks, so I doubt they'll do it.

Tanka
12-23-2007, 08:07 PM
Honestly giving out Teleports for favor would cut the legs out from under the Mark of Passage line of dragonmarks, so I doubt they'll do it.
All I'd do is respec out the Greater and pick up something else. FoP comes to mind immediately (when mod 6 hits, of course).

On topic, I agree with the OP. My Evasion Fighter currently has 15 free slots in his inventory. The rest of it is taken by weapons, armor, clickies, scrolls, wands, pots, LotD holders and two bags. That's 15 out of 100 possible spaces, plus worn equipment.

Make the Pendant permanent and start as soon as you zone out. There's really no reason not to.

MysticTheurge
12-23-2007, 10:10 PM
All I'd do is respec out the Greater and pick up something else.

Right. That's kind of what I meant. ;)

Tanka
12-23-2007, 10:28 PM
Right. That's kind of what I meant. ;)
Sure sure.

Then again, having the Royal Guard Mask is kinda like that. A bit slower due to the one charge, but still.

MysticTheurge
12-23-2007, 10:32 PM
Then again, having the Royal Guard Mask is kinda like that. A bit slower due to the one charge, but still.

Yah, I guess.

(Heck, I just don't take it cause teleport isn't that helpful in the first place.)

Tanka
12-23-2007, 11:08 PM
Yah, I guess.

(Heck, I just don't take it cause teleport isn't that helpful in the first place.)
It means I can be lazy, and make it to the Portable Hole for GH/TS/Stoneskin scrolls (and the seldom Greater Teleport for when we can't get an arcane for a Titan run).

Kerr
12-26-2007, 10:06 AM
Bah. If everyone had one of those neat Masks, it wouldn't be so critical to be able to move around the city at lightning speed! :D

Tanka
12-26-2007, 10:35 AM
Bah. If everyone had one of those neat Masks, it wouldn't be so critical to be able to move around the city at lightning speed! :D
Depending on where you are, it's slower to use the mask. One charge does that to you. ;)

(Plus, you can't teleport to GH, Necro, Desert or Foothold. Or The Twelve. Or, really, anywhere but the Houses, Portable Hole and Marketplace.)

Laith
12-26-2007, 10:45 AM
i like the idea.

at the VERY least, it'd be nice if the charges were upped to 3/day or 5/day, making it so you would almost never find yourself without a charge ready.
edit: nm, already mentioned. you guys are so smart.

Saaluta
12-26-2007, 11:01 AM
/signed
Most of my characters have this by around level 5-6, but with inv space, they mostly just leave it in bank or just destroy it.(You can always get a new one...), but to make this a permanent effect would be nice :)

Saal :)

Havok34
12-26-2007, 11:14 AM
I use it as a clickie with no real issue. But I like the idea of making it a permanent affect when out of quest zones.

The inventory space. Not really an issue. I know on that mission I will be lamenting about not being able to carry around that 41st weapon because of the pendant. :)

With the various striders present now, I sometimes forget to use the clickie. That is why I would like it permanent. Even if we still have to have it in an inventory slot.

Dariuss
12-26-2007, 11:16 AM
i'll sign onto this as a good 'nice to have but necessary' idea

drachine
01-02-2008, 03:10 PM
or at least make the pendant a collectable that you could put into a pouch.

Kerr
01-07-2008, 04:40 PM
I could live with it being converted to a collectible I could put in my bag!

Especially since I finally pulled a Large Collectible Bag. :D

Vizzini
01-07-2008, 04:47 PM
Love the idea, I think however if it was a perma effect it might cause a little heavier lag for people in crowded areas, or people with low ram. I've noticed when my system is taxed and I load into GH with Pendant effects things are pretty choppy... Turbine might be counting on the fact that people are too lazy to use it for it's intended purpose.

Otherwise great idea and I fully support it!

/signed

Kerr
01-07-2008, 04:55 PM
Love the idea, I think however if it was a perma effect it might cause a little heavier lag for people in crowded areas, or people with low ram. I've noticed when my system is taxed and I load into GH with Pendant effects things are pretty choppy... Turbine might be counting on the fact that people are too lazy to use it for it's intended purpose.

Otherwise great idea and I fully support it!

/signed

GH is choppy, laggy, and just plain flakey regardless if you are using Pendant or not.

Vizzini
01-07-2008, 04:59 PM
But worse when you've got a pendant on ;)

GH is choppy, laggy, and just plain flakey regardless if you are using Pendant or not.

Kerr
01-07-2008, 05:02 PM
But worse when you've got a pendant on ;)

Just because you're able to run more quickly to areas that haven't preloaded. The whole zone is slow to load, it's not the pendant's fault that it takes forever to load up.

Hafeal
01-07-2008, 05:08 PM
Yes, yes, bygosh yes. Please, one less clickie in our packs would be great. Make the game FUN not tedious.

And I just love that I forget to re-quip my power orb trinket as I re-enter the quest because of the pendant. Doh! :p

Pyromaniac
01-07-2008, 09:13 PM
As long as its optional to have it on/have the effect I'm ok with this suggestion. The bouncy effect gives me motion sickness so I never use this item.

Sokar6000
01-07-2008, 09:28 PM
/signed!

It's annoying when you are in the Haunted Library and you fall to your death because you forgot to re-equio your mumified bat...