PDA

View Full Version : Et tu, Jacoby?

GuitarHero
12-21-2007, 03:45 PM
I posted something like this a bit back about the quickfoot bandits in the rare scrolls quest on elite, and I believe our beloved MrCow did some research and confirmed it wasn't a fluke, but did say that it seemed to be restricted to elite....

So i rolls me up a brand new rogue, since the old one is all capped out and kinda just sitting around waiting on raid timers to expire, and what do i find when i face Jacoby?

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd67/maniac0352/ScreenShot00055.jpg

Thats right, on solo, and in the newbie mission, Jacoby is fortified. Dunno if its light, mod, or heavy, or whatever, but one way or another, home dude didn't wanna eat that crit.

Beherit_Baphomar
12-21-2007, 03:48 PM
Was that a lipstick your rouge was hitting him with?

Silly rouges....shoulda brought a barbarian with ya...

Kerr
12-21-2007, 04:23 PM
Meh. Show me anyone who dies in that quest.

MrCow
12-21-2007, 04:26 PM
Regardless of the current death rate in that quest it is still mind boggling that things with a single HD are being bestowed fortification when they are of a non-fortification race or type.

Besides, I can remember when DEX based rogues had major difficulties completing this quest due to its solo-only nature and the toughness of the kobolds before they were 90% enervated.

Kerr
12-21-2007, 04:28 PM
Don't WF have 25% fort all the time? It's not unreasonable to have an evil cleric with a light fort item in a quest that is so easy even a blind one legged halfling could complete it.

Glenalth
12-21-2007, 04:48 PM
I have a request.

If there is going to be fortification on Jacoby, have it make sense and have a named item that grants light fortification drop from his chest.

Dane_McArdy
12-21-2007, 05:01 PM
I have a request.

If there is going to be fortification on Jacoby, have it make sense and have a named item that grants light fortification drop from his chest.

So, when you have a party wipe, can the mobs take our items and use them?

MrCow
12-21-2007, 05:07 PM
Don't WF have 25% fort all the time? It's not unreasonable to have an evil cleric with a light fort item in a quest that is so easy even a blind one legged halfling could complete it.

Are there any other humans in the game that have fortification of any kind?

dragnmoon
12-21-2007, 05:08 PM
Are there any other humans in the game that have fortification of any kind?

Kargon has a Thick skull... does that count?..:D

dragnmoon
12-21-2007, 05:09 PM
So, when you have a party wipe, can the mobs take our items and use them?

That would be Awesome!!!!!