PDA

View Full Version : What are your favorite/least favorite quest?

GORAK
12-21-2007, 12:46 PM
Here's something different to ask...
What are your favorite and least favorite (most hated) quests in the game?

For me, my favorite quest overall is The Pit in House D. I love the thought and design that went into it. It gives very good exp/favor for its EL and can be completed quite easily with a decent guide. Some runners up would be Sewer Rescue in the Harbor and the Swiped Signet in the Marketplace. Swiped Signet seems like the only quest that makes almost full use of the potential deadly skills of a thief.

Most hated overall would be The Proof is in The Poison in the Marketplace. It's just too darn deadly and overpowered for a base EL 4 quest. I have seen level 8-10's wipe in there a lot on hard and elite with me being one of them. It's a very long quest and the only shrine is at the 1/2 way point and the criss-crossing fire traps in the beginning are deadly. The worst thing are the deadly acid pools that deal the huge damage caused by deep lava like in Tempest Spine.
A close runner up would be The Catacombs in the Marketplace. It's too long (7 parts), boring and offers poor exp and static ends rewards. Not worth the time and effort to invest in it.

Talon_Moonshadow
12-21-2007, 01:05 PM
Your joking about the Pit right?! :)
Actually, I don't mind that quest, but I can't do the jumps.....the rest of it is fine.

I like Proof is in the Poison....I agree it is tough.....but it should not be for experianced toons.
Acid resist, shield and night shield buffs if you can get them......basic desire to not fall in the acid....these things go a long way in that quest.
I did it recently with my littel evasion cleric..
The party leader acted like he knew the quest and what to do....kept telling eveyone where to go and all.
They ran through the fire trap in the beginning......told everyone no way to disable and no way around.....never once asked for acid resist. ( gave it out when I could, but it was difficult to catch my breath from healing their zerging butts long enough to do so.)

IMO this is the lowbie quest for the 32pt players.

Favorite: don't really have one......different toons like different quests. The ones with unique end rewards are very nice.

Hate: Anything with a quest fail condition.....some of them are good in concept, but iIcan't stand to devote time into a quest and not be able to complete it.....plus group giving up.
Also the Shadow quests.....because they are too difficult for their lvl and every one gives up on them.......so even though they don't have a fail condition the results are the same.....hours waisted.....no completion. Shadow King is hardest quest in the game right now. (I'm don't have a sigil yet, so LOTD/Abbot excepted maybe)

Milolyen
12-21-2007, 01:12 PM
Favorite quests ... hmm
Crucible
Pit
Inferno of the damned
Abbot

Most Hated quests
PoP
Desecrated(sp?) temple of vol
and anything that can be ran with a blind fold on.

Milolyen

zyp
12-21-2007, 01:23 PM
Most Favorite:
Giant Hold Tor

Least Favorite:
Dreams of Insanity

I really like everything in Giant Hold
I find the whole LOTD series annoying, tedious and dissappointing

GlassCannon
12-21-2007, 01:27 PM
Least faves:
Anything with Troglodyes(UGH!!! I loathe them!)
Anything with wolves/worgs that can infinitrip at a high DC(and despite the "fix" they still infinitrip. They broke again. Just take it away. Take their farking trip away.)
Anything with casters set up in a ring on ledges up high that cast extremely debilitating or powerful spells nonstop(ADQ, I'm looking at you... monkey side...)
Anything with lots of burrowing(they technically can't but hey, they hack the server and get away with it) scorpions with high AC and super ultra speed(they can outrun a bullet train!)
Trial By Fire
Scoundrel's Run
"You must not leave until you free Arlos, and gather your party at the exit"
[This module is narrated by Gary Gygax] -Mute DM check
Dreams of Insanity(AAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!)
Actually it's mostly not quests per se... it's situations. Sometimes I wonder why you hate us so much(VON 3 Beholders - still IMPOSSIBLE for a Permadeath group)...
All quests listed above are Elite difficulty only.

I pretty much like just about everything... except the new VON 6... the bridge burns too fast and the bases are a little too tough unless you have just the right party at 1-3 levels over the quest level.

wraith87
12-21-2007, 02:28 PM
Favorite:
The Crucible

Least Favorite:
Gianthold Tor

I just never liked doing scale runs, no matter how well the group worked together and got it done.

Thermopyle
12-21-2007, 02:34 PM
The Pit and Dreams of Insanity love those quests and also The Crucible.
I don't like...jeez now that's a tougher list to come up with I'll think about and let you know.

Draclaud
12-21-2007, 03:02 PM
Love-Storm Cleave this is an all time favorite of mine
Love-Tempest Spine always found this kinda like a SC on steroids

Hate-The Pit...uhg...
Hate-Catacombs

MysticRhythms
12-21-2007, 03:11 PM
Hates: Waterworks, Shan Ta Kor, Stormcleave because they are autopilot

Loves: Proof is in the Poison, The Swiped Signet, The Pit, Vault of Night (the whole series, but especially parts 2 and 3), Bring me the Head of Ghola Fan, Slavers of the SHrieking Mines, Invaders, An Offering of Blood, Hiding in Plain Sight, Tempest Spine, some of the high-level undead quests in House Jorasco that I can't think of now ...

Deriaz
12-21-2007, 03:20 PM
To name 3 for each, so I'm not rambling here. . .

Love:
- Stealthy Repossession. Love the challenge of sneaking about and timing when to pull the levers.
- The Pit. Just fun overall, with all the jumping and everything.
- Proof is in the Poison. Nice, challenging quest.

Hate:
- Tangleroot. Too long, and too boring. It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the fact that with each quest in the chain you go through, you have to run through each part you were just at. As if to draw to my attention how bored I already was in there.
- Prison of the Planes. It's overrun, isn't fun (I like quests where everyone has some sort of role. . . Besides "Close the door. . . K, open it. Next room."), and just. . . Bleh. Boring. A big, box dungeon. I like the story, I suppose.
- Gianthold Tor. . . Like above, I like quests where everyone has a role. In there, when I ran it for the first time with a group of twelve, I felt like there were only a few roles. A tank for the attention. A nuker. A crowd controller. Someone to hit levers. That was it. I stood around for ten minutes until I finally got to swing about. . . What? 5 times at the Stormreaver? And the Mastermind puzzle. . . Just. . . Well, that was fun, I guess, to watch one person do the puzzle. (Which is why the Abbot sounds nice to me. . . Everyone has a role in a puzzle. Just wish it wasn't such a grind to get flagged for it. I'll get it eventually, though. . .)

-D

Vizzini
12-21-2007, 03:22 PM
1. Abbot Raid - Just a pain in the a$$ in general..
2. Necropolis Quests - Exp / Quest Chain Ratio is Horrible...

Grond
12-21-2007, 03:23 PM
Favorite, that's a toughie... There are alot I like. not counting chains, I'd say Caverns of Korromar. For Chain quests, I'd have to say Co6.

Least favorite is easy... the Abbot >.< Ok, just kidding, it's just because we haven't beat it yet. Least favorite is Twighlight Forge, I really hate the artificial mechanisms to subgroup people. The Abbot's teleporting is right there as well, and when we finally beat it I'll re-evaluate. :D

Edit: I saw Vizzini's post and changed my mind, he reminded me of that damn Tomb in the necropolis with all the swimming.... Argh!!!

arcanehealer
12-21-2007, 03:25 PM
favorites
pop
madstone
cruciable
gianthold tor
reaver
vons 1-6
dq pre raid + raid
ts

least favorites
invaders
proof is poison (near party wipe on elite with a 14 party)
and anything filled with traps

Yukiko
12-21-2007, 03:27 PM
My fav....
I would have to say "A cry for help". Why you ask?
Because hearing that male DM's voice scream "Helllppp, somebody SAVE me" in a girls voice is just so funny. I mean really, i almost die everytime i hear him say that.

Least fav....
Von 2
Because someone always falls when they should't :P

Bunker
12-21-2007, 03:32 PM
Favorite:
Crucible
Offering of Blood
Inferno
These 3 require teamwork and some skill. (Though ive seen ppl 2 man them all)

Least:
Search for rare scrolls. (hahaha)

Teufel_Hunden
12-21-2007, 03:38 PM
Best: The Pit, Gwylans Stand, Kolbolds new ringleader (first hard quest my best friend and I did duo, at launch. Took hours. Creeping around all stealthy. Good times)

Hated: Proof is poison, Stealthy Repo, Madstone

Best Chains: Greymoon/Co6
Worst Chains: Catacombs

Eldorudo
12-21-2007, 04:30 PM
My fav....
I would have to say "A cry for help". Why you ask?
Because hearing that male DM's voice scream "Helllppp, somebody SAVE me" in a girls voice is just so funny. I mean really, i almost die everytime i hear him say that.

Me too! I specifically wanted the character to be female just to see if the DM could pull it off. It totally exceeded all my expectations. I still get a good chuckle every time I hear it. :D

Hendrik
12-21-2007, 04:36 PM
Favs;

Von3
Xorian pt1 and pt.2
Forgot name, but Orc Quest in Gianthold.

Least;

Catacombs

Beherit_Baphomar
12-21-2007, 04:48 PM
Me too! I specifically wanted the character to be female just to see if the DM could pull it off. It totally exceeded all my expectations. I still get a good chuckle every time I hear it. :D

"The chamba will seeel in ten seconds"

VON3 is my all time favourite quest, it has everything.

Least is where that "chamba" line comes from, PoP...gawd I hate that quest now.

moorewr
12-21-2007, 05:01 PM
Favorites -->

VON 2 & 3
All of Tangleroot
All of Greymoon and Cult of Six
Sykros' Jewel
Tomb of the Forbidden
Tempest Spine
Desecrated Temple of Vol

Least favorite --> I think they are highly inventive, just a pain to play... a/o not worth the XP...
Inferno of the Damned
Tomb of the Tormented
The Pit (What a great Quake Arena level this would be)
The Titan Awakes (Doom III, anyone?)
VON 6 (too much waiting)

narizue
12-21-2007, 05:16 PM
Favorites: Slavers of the Shrieking Mines, Ghola Fan, Tempest Spine, Invaders

Least Favorites: Catacombs(Too long and mixed mobs. Booo!!!), The Pit, Gianthold Tor(yawn)

Hence
12-21-2007, 05:34 PM
Favs: Rescuing the Doggers. Alda's Necklace.

Worst: Everything else.

Im only playing this game because there is potential to make really cool in-depth quests... Im just hoping one of these days Ill see one.

Wanted: Long quest chain that needs to be completed back to back, dungeon in dungeon in dungeon style. Once you reach the end of a quest, you find a door to a deeper tougher dungeon. You must keep going and complete all ten parts to be rewarded. A 1-2 hour quest line with non-stop action. Bring plenty of supplies!!

Lorichie
12-21-2007, 05:34 PM
Favorite: Madstone/tempest spine/stormleave

Least favorite: anything in the orchard, at all, any module, doesnt matter

Blazer
12-21-2007, 05:54 PM
Lots of favorites, some that stand out include:

Ghola-Fan
The Pit (only 'cause I soloed the hell out of it with my ranger to learn it inside and out - now I appreciate it much more than at first)
Twilight Forge (all of it but that bridge part where people have to pull levers and others have to run/jump)
Xorian and Dreams of Insanity
VON 3-5

Not-so-favorites include:

Wizard King (primarily due to severe repetition)
Anything with oozes (yes, the Pit has oozes, but for some reason, it's okay with me)
I'm sure there are a couple more

muffinlad
12-21-2007, 06:32 PM
Favorite Quest: Tempest Spine

Least Favorite: The Pit.

muffinspiner.

philo
12-21-2007, 06:44 PM
I tend to have a favorite from each general lvl range.

low lvl favorite=kobald assault

mid lvl fav=chain of flames or desert caravan

higher lvl fav=perdition with the shield chest optional

Least favorite=tome of the blighted...its not hard, its just a pain and not fun

Missing_Minds
12-21-2007, 07:07 PM

So YOU are who is to blame for that ear piercing, PAINFUL, shreeeeeek. *makes note to tell the jester to fill your mailbox with coal.*

Mr._Dna
12-21-2007, 08:27 PM
Favs: Twilight Forge - just a really cool design. looks cool, interesting puzzles. The Titan encounter itself is kinda wack, but I love
the forge.
Black Anvil Mines - sure, it's not the loot run it used to be, but it was a nice challenge on elite when it first came out.
Offering of Blood - fast and furious...don't look back, just run!
Chamber of Raiyum/Inferno of the Damned - I put these two together because they were both just crazy to figure out when you were first learning them, but once you know what do do they can be done really fast.
Xorian Cipher - nice combo of fun/danger with some of the best named loot in the game for your effort.

Least favs: Catacombs - seriously, does anyone do this other than for favor?
Made to Order - this one always just annoyed me. never seemed to be worth the effort, and the exploding floors suck.
Stromvauld's Mine - "d*mnit! where is the last f*cking body!!!"

LargusMeans
12-21-2007, 10:20 PM
Fav- Tempest Spine (though the hand holding and yells of "Im lost, where are you guys?" have increased since the old days.)

Despise- Catacombs (why the hell do you have Ooze's and Slimes in a library teamed with Undead. Huh?)

Cheers

Ozmoth
12-22-2007, 05:06 AM
Picking my favorite is hard. I love so many of these quests. Have to agree on that A cry for Help that's classic. I also enjoy so many of the other quests for the different challenges they present. Everything from Dreams of Insanity to Threnals. Its all brilliant. Some of the effects of game mechanic changes have made invaders a little less pleasant but, I still have fun in there.

Picking my least favs are easy. One is a personal choice. Tomb of the Tormented, boy did you guys named that one right. That quest seriously is a big ol' buzz kill. Multiple hours of leading rats through mazes from above. Sheesh.

The other is just a current gripe. I have not expressed an op on this at all. I am not trying to start a debate. I know it will get better. But, in its current state the Abbott may be asking a bit much. The random selection part for the puzzles is what really has me moaning. But, with time we shall over come. I HOPE.:cool:

lostinjapan
12-22-2007, 05:41 AM
Favorites

1. The Pit: Excellent favor & XP (at level) and different challenges from 'the norm'. A lot of thought went into this one.
2. Tomb of the Tormented: Again, different challenges from 'the norm'. Excellent work on the maze and the rats are a nice touch.
3. Dreams of Insanity: Okay, not my favorite quest for xp or favor, but the graphics in this quest are awesome. Very reminiscent of Asia.

Least favorites

1. Bring Me The Head of Ghola-Fan! and Slavers of the Shrieking Mines: Okay...really two here but they tie. The quests themselves would be pretty cool if the xp was increased substantially. At level it grants squat. The only reason to ever complete these quests are for flag (once) and favor (once) which you can tie into one trip if you are lucky.
2. Threnal East Three: I cannot stand quests where you have to keep a party member alive who has all the intelligence of a rock. Make Coyle and his buddies smarter. Throwing scorching ray on an iron golem? Geez.
3. Ascension Chamber: The quest itself would have been cool if they hadn't modified it. I'm not talking about the bug fixing (those needed to be made), I'm talking about the injured pride of the developer warranting changing it to make it "more challenging". It was challenging without the changes. Now it is stupid.

Lillitheris
12-22-2007, 07:32 AM
Favorites:

The Twilight Forge, simply awesome. Either running for completion with 12 people or short-manning for raid loot, it's a great quest.
The Prison of the Planes, I don't think I could run any other quest over 300 times.
Xorian Cipher, can be run at the proper level for xp or at higher levels for the loot. Either way, it's a lot of fun.
An Offering of Blood, finally a quest where zerging is a must.
The Vault of Night, requires teamwork and coordination. A slight minus for the current bugs that can totally mess the quest up.

Least Favorite:

Tomb of the Tormented, I was lucky for getting to lead the rat through the maze. The others were killing wights for 90 minutes. Fun idea, not a fun quest.
Hold for Reinforcements, yeah it's not that bad anymore, but boy it sure was before. I still don't like doing it.
+
A lot of mid-level the stuff I have run a gazillion times. TR, Delera's, Co6 etc.

Luthen
12-22-2007, 11:16 AM
I guess since others have broken it down I might as well to.

Best Raid: Tempest Spine

Worst Raid: Abbot

Best Chain: Threnal (VERY close with Co6)

Worst Chain: Catacombs

Best single quest: Crucible

Worst single quest: The Pit (Those who like it are just masochists)

Best Flagging chain: Reaver

Worst flagging chain: DQ

Frodo_Lives
12-22-2007, 11:38 AM
Favorites: Gwylan's Stand, Stormcleave, Caverns of Korromar, Von 3, Tempest Spine and for some reason I still like Delera's. Mid levels are probably my most favorite range to play, even more than high end stuff. I don't have a strong feeling either way on a lot of the higher end stuff, GH can be quite fun or a huge bore depending on the group.

Least Favorites: Catacomb series which has horrible xp, loot, and mixed mobs. Anything to do with the Orchard, and Freshen the Air.

Markev
12-22-2007, 12:29 PM
Favorite:
Kobold Assault! Wonderfully fun little lowbie quest. Basically, every other quest in game amounts to: "Go to some place and avoid some traps and kill everything that moves." Kobold Assault feels like a completely different game. It's just refreshing.

Least Favorite:
Pretty much any quest that's indistinguishable from any other quest... for example, even though VoN 2 is annoying, it's kind of fun, because that "Don't fall off the edge!" element at least adds something new to the grind of clearing one room after another after another, eliminating everything that breathes.
STK is a good example of this. It was great fun the first time I played it, but seeing as it's about all I do from levels 3-5, it gets kind of tired.
On the other hand, a quest can get too wacky, like Stealthy Repossession. Stealthy Repossession is more or less impossible for a level-appropriate character unless you're a Wizard or Rogue. I skipped over it entirely, only coming back to it later with a level 10 Sorc for favor.

brshelton
12-22-2007, 05:31 PM
My favorite quest is the Crucible. I love this quest. I don't quite know why but I think part of it is the fact it actually requires skill and knowledge. You can have 70 w/p rapiers and +17 Mithral and not complete it if you dont know it.

I hate Gianthold Tor. Probably because I play a caster and the only effective tactic is FTS FTS FTS FTS FTS FTS FTS FTS FTS and then watch the tanks take em down. My nukes are damn powerful but they have so much hp my mana gos BYE BYE by the end of the ambush.

The Pit is one of my favorites for the same reasons as the Crucible.

brshelton
12-22-2007, 05:32 PM
Favorites:

The Twilight Forge, simply awesome. Either running for completion with 12 people or short-manning for raid loot, it's a great quest.
The Prison of the Planes, I don't think I could run any other quest over 300 times.
Xorian Cipher, can be run at the proper level for xp or at higher levels for the loot. Either way, it's a lot of fun.
An Offering of Blood, finally a quest where zerging is a must.
The Vault of Night, requires teamwork and coordination. A slight minus for the current bugs that can totally mess the quest up.

Least Favorite:

Tomb of the Tormented, I was lucky for getting to lead the rat through the maze. The others were killing wights for 90 minutes. Fun idea, not a fun quest.
Hold for Reinforcements, yeah it's not that bad anymore, but boy it sure was before. I still don't like doing it.
+
A lot of mid-level the stuff I have run a gazillion times. TR, Delera's, Co6 etc.

not to derail but why would you short man a raid if you want raid loot post mod 5?

Hakushi
12-22-2007, 05:57 PM
Favorites:

The Twilight Forge: This is an awesome quest, great puzzles, nice mix of monsters, it just need to be changed a bit to require completion to go to titan.
Maze of Madness: This is different and fun to run it.
Tomb of the Tormented: The puzzle idea is great, I like it, need a few minor changes and an immune message should show up when attacking a tormented zombie with a disruptor instead of a disrupting animation and the zombie continue to walk and attack you.
Catacombs: Just because of the great history of this series and good DM, and it's these quests that convinced me DDO was my game in beta.
Tempest Spine: Just a great quest overall.

Least Favorites:

Most Tomb quests from LotD 1 and 2 and the one in LotD 3 with Dollurh where the end fight is at the entrance (I don't remember the name). Most of these quests are just not fun to run.
Some Threnal quests: Too many slimes mixed with other monsters, this is just annoying, and just ruin quests that would be good.
Accursed Ascention: I dislike mario bros games.
Catacombs: Jest because of the slimes, it ruins a good series of quests and make it a pain to run and almost impossible to enjoy it as much as we should.
Long quests with a Fail option.

Lillitheris
12-23-2007, 07:15 AM
not to derail but why would you short man a raid if you want raid loot post mod 5?

It's a lot quicker to just skip the underwater thingy and the 'run across the room on top of the flashy tiles' -part. I just meant it as an opposite for the 'going for completion' -part.

I probably should've phrased myself better.

Mr._Dna
12-23-2007, 08:03 PM
I am very surprised to see people listing "Tomb of the Tormented" as a favorite quest. I will give it props for originality ALONE. I have failed at it once and completed it once, and I have no desire to ever see it again. To me, a good quest is one that can and will be run over and over again and not just for quick/easy XP and loot (although there has to be some element of reward as well).

Now, I'm not trying to discourage original thinking in quest design. But as players we have to be honest as far as which are the quests we're going to be likely to run multiple times and still enjoy (which is my standard for a good DDO quest).

Tanka
12-23-2007, 09:08 PM
Favorite of all time: Xorian Cipher, good quest, challenging at the level it's introduced, makes sure everyone is a team player, and good named loot.

Least favorite: Dreams of Insanity. I mean, honestly now.

Chance
12-26-2007, 12:01 PM
My least favorites include:

Faithful Departed: The mission with the Elf mummies you have to protect as they run into fireballs. I have spent uncounted hours getting to the final room, and even the final mob when the last mummie gets totasted in the crossfire. Deffinitely more frustration than fun and one that keeps me from having completed elite on this one and will forever more.

Sewer missions: I mean really, the path to fame and glory and riches are found in the sewage? I mean even a Paladin fighting for all that LG alignment is going to give someone who asks them to fight rats in a sewer a sour look.

Necropolis: Does anyone really die in ddo or is this where all the neophyte clerics send their failed Rez checks? Granted they provide good stories but I seriously think this town should just have a law stating anything larger than a tombstone should have the interior doused with alchemists fire every week, for sanitation purposes.

Against the demon Queen: I like the idea on it and it's fun, but man facing her twice and the low amount of shrining means people running back out and clearing the outside shrine to make it through. It tends to take way too long to complete this quest for what it gives (OOOH! I got and underwater action necklace with +1 Charisma) in loot and necessity to complete the series.

Favorites:
CO6: The look of the final temple gave me chills the first time I went there, the door reminded me of living walls (1st and 2nd edition style d&d), and the gorgeous sunset was superb.

Stormcleave: This one has had more of my attention than any other 5 quests combined. It is a good deal of XP and loot for a good deal of time and enjoyable to face in my opinion. Challenging to get the full kill bonus on, but not impossible.
Jungles of Kyber: Beautiful scenery again, and the marut pacing you outside the stalagmites is a great touch!

The Chamber of Raiyum: Randomly placed traps? EXCELLENT! Easy (raiyum killed first) or hard (kill all three) way to accomplish it= great. Loot is great and experience is good. Takes a bit long but reminds me of the PnP style where it would take time to get through it.

ZarakNur
12-26-2007, 12:12 PM
Least favorite by far:

Faithful Departed

Followed closely by:

And the Dead Shall Rise
Archer Point Defense

Favorites:

Stormcleave Outpost
Irestone Inlet
Relics of a Sovereign Past

KoboldKiller
12-26-2007, 12:14 PM
Favs:

Stormcleave
Gwaylans

Most Hated:
Any of the Shadow Tombs
POP
The Desert Quests
VONS 1-4 (haven't done the raid yet cause I don't want to run these again)
Actually anything undead with the exception of Delera's
Oh, and anything with Beholders

Edit-
Absolutely despise the Catacombs.

Dariun
12-26-2007, 12:16 PM
Favorites: link (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=129923)

Least favorite: The Pit, that LotD underwater quest, anything that is "tedious until you learn the trick then it is boring"

Gaveron
12-26-2007, 12:18 PM
Favorite-Too many to name, XC & Threnal's are fun!!

Least- Pit, Desert Quests (HELP!!! I'M DESPAIRED!!!), VON 6 (Go stand there, stop, wait, now go stand there, stop wait, now wait some more!!!) & the quest where you have to feed the rats and get them to step on the pressure plates UGH!!!!!! (Fleshmaker's Lab I think although I am trying to forget the quest)

Solmage
12-31-2007, 06:50 PM
Hmmm, favorite quests:

- Wizard king elite. A quest that can take 2+ hours and a few wipes for noobs or 27 minutes with skill to complete it all including all the numerous chests? Sign me up. Just wish it still delivered the best loot possible, since now people usually only want to get the item :(

- The desert in general. I love the desert and the various runs you can do there. (Can't stand giant hold general area, it seems completely pointless. No really fancy named items, and on top of it you lock the chests.. requiring an int 34 wizard to roll a 19 to knock it ... yeah ok. Pass.)

- Titan (the actual battle, I don't like the pre-run to it at all, just too long)

- Von5 Nice fun quest, about as long as I'd like a preraid to be. (I dislike von6 a lot, love the graphics, but the base running really kind of sucks, and the actual fight is so unfair, specially to squishies, that unless you try to stand where she won't hit you too often you're dead within seconds, whereas common sense should allow you to range her with spells, and wind buffets should just smack you to the ground for a few seconds, not kick you off the quest, and her dispels should be limited to stripping all the spells you don't self cast on yourself) [ Also, I really wanted to hear a sultry female voice for velah =) ]

Kinda like:

- The pit: Since the changes in exp and such it's a lot better, and I'm very good at the jumps, so I never hated it, indeed I soloed it a lot at the beginning to make a nice map. But honestly, the constant spawns in several of the rooms are just a bit too much, as are the unavoidable force traps you yourself turn on. If the traps were optional when you complete them, and stopped all spawns if you do activate them first, then that would at least make sense, and improve the quest significantly.

- DQ Raid, but so many prereqs each time really put a damper on it, specially since they never become 'easy', chains of flame is lengthy no matter what, and blood offering is annoying, at best, no matter what.

- Reaver: Giants with deathward .. ok.. would you please change flesh to stone to kill them like it should? mmokaythanksbye. Otherwise I like it.

- Tempest Spine Elite. I liked it a lot more when the drow had good AC so it was at least a bit of a challenge, but ehh, it's still a nice fun raid to go smack stuff around. At least the green giant is no longer pathetic, but wind buffets that kick you of the quest are **BAD** even if in this case you can run back (provided someone is nice enough to try to find you, and help you get past the int rune, and the buncha critters running around at the base, and I get tired of usually being the only one nice enough to do that. Hmph) Make the bloody winds just knock you down or slam you down against the floor, unable to move for a few seconds instead.

Hate:

- von2 unless I'm soloing it, or at most, duoing it, then I actually like it. (Unless it's a VERY good friend of mine, I'll just solo it and stop the aggravation)

- proof is in the poison. This is a min lvl 8-9 quest, and a hard one at that level. Whomever thought this qualifies as a lvl 4 quest has issues. The lack of a decent reward just adds further insult to the injury that is this quest.

- catacombs: I *love* the story. Unfortunately the extremely low level of the quest, lack of experience, length of the quest overall, ease with which 1 or more people will screw up the continuity making you redo X, and crappy bound end rewards make it a quest to be avoided. Bump it in level and exp to around tangleroot, with similar end rewards, possibly 1 or 2 non bound neat ones a la STK, and now you're talking.

- The endless tower quest with the lich at the top, whose name (and existance) I tried to exhume from my brain. What the heck where the designers thinking. Some sort of internal bet to see who could design the worst quest no doubt. :p Anyway, it gives a run for it's money to:

- The shadow series of quests. Between the ones that split the party up, the endless spawns ones, and the lovely underwater swim, it's hard to determine which one wins the bet...

- Dreams of Insanity. Strong contender for the bet. Nothing like spawning creatures behind you all the time (which is cheesy as heck and gets VERY old after the first time), endless beholders which you need to cheese out with a feeblemind to stop more from spawning, constant dispels, etc to make this a particularly bothersome quest.

- Crucible: Evasion nearly required tough swim + fight, AND a large labyrinth. And a damn hard to get to chest almost everyone never bothers to get. All of those elements in 3 separate quests are ok. All in one quest, make it a nuisance. Only redeeming factor is the potential for good loot.

- Abbot raid: I'm sorry but trying to fill the prereqs for this it's too much of a pain to even bother with it. And then the raid itself is also a pain, so... why bother. Hopefully the next raid will be worth doing.

Kargon
12-31-2007, 06:52 PM
Kargon love the pit, where kargon go for monthamally Black Puddaming bath.

Kargon hate the newbie quemest where Sigmund FORCES A SMOKE CURE HAM INTO KARGON BACKMAPACK!!!!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:KARGON KILL SIGMUND!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

captain1z
12-31-2007, 07:07 PM
Hate = THE PIT (I will not go in there ever again...I get lost and the force traps cannot be countered by a spell)

I like = STK (3 chained instances, look similiar so you know you are still in the same big place, offers everything = side quest- the helm, traps, secret doors, puzzles, mini-bosses.. good stuff. I would like to see a 7 chained instanced quest that follows this model..... only when you get to the bottom, there is a dragon or something really terrible)

for the same reasons I like the VONS 1-5 but I chose STK because its not spread all over the place in such a way that its easy to make a mistake and not update your quest properly.

Pwesiela
12-31-2007, 08:10 PM
Here's something different to ask...
What are your favorite and least favorite (most hated) quests in the game?

Favorite: Anything all ranger.

Most Hated: Anything with a ranger hater.

Lillitheris
01-01-2008, 09:16 AM
- Crucible: Evasion nearly required tough swim + fight, AND a large labyrinth. And a damn hard to get to chest almost everyone never bothers to get. All of those elements in 3 separate quests are ok. All in one quest, make it a nuisance. Only redeeming factor is the potential for good loot.

Maybe you should bother with the last chest (http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/9310/screenshot00751zi1.jpg).

And as you can see, I made the swim with my sorcerer. Evasion is NOT even nearly required. I could and would solo the Crucible with her if I didn't need people to flip the levers in the maze.

aldan
01-02-2008, 08:37 AM
Favorite:

Stormcleave

Hated:

Dreams of insanity
Proof is in the poison
Freshen the Air

drachine
01-02-2008, 03:02 PM
favorite quests

the xorian cypher
the crucible
ghosts of perdition
chains of flame
chamber of raiyum
bring me the head of Ghola-Fan!
invaders!
the pit
the tear of dhakaan
tomb of the shadow king

quests i will never do again

catacoombs
desert caravan
faithful departed
dreams of insanity
inferno of the damned
freshen the air
bringing the light

RapkintheRanger
08-13-2013, 04:45 AM
one of my favorites is hearing Gygax in the delera cahin. that makes it special to me.

least favorite might be prove your worth in 3BC

stoerm
08-13-2013, 05:41 AM
Favourites:
- Pit
- Tear of Dhakaan
- Delera chain
- Shroud

Non favourites:
- Catacombs (too repetitive)
- Tangleroot (even more repetitive)
- CITW flagging quests (FR and drow specifically just don't do it for me)

SlowDM
08-13-2013, 05:57 AM
Fav
Framework, ah the music , the minotaurs and you

hate
anything in the Vale

Soulfurnace
08-13-2013, 06:37 AM
5.5 year necro. It's a miracle! Oh well...

Favourites: House C quests. (From a quest/enjoyment point of view.)
Shadow Crypt - quite nice for a first timer... And amazing xp for everyone else :)

Most disliked: I'm just going to go with Kobold Assault. Kill it with fire.
Rest are fine, in one way or another. (Devil Assault offers tokens, so I can't hate that one)

Alistina
09-03-2013, 03:43 AM
Favorites:
Partycrashers - For all its fun opts. Love the way it ends differently according to what opts you have done. Requires a skilled toon to actually get to the special fun ending.
Von2 - Its got a bit of everything..a tiny maze with 2 chests to find, nice mix of monsters, a few traps here and there, and it was fun to find the way around to the dungeon like a scavenger hunt till I had it memorized.
FOT - Sooo many dragons in the same room is just awesome! It was really hilarious when it was just out, and people were still trying to figure out how to beat it. Loved the part where you'd get the countdown on the screen 1,2,3 BOOM (or something like that) and then the whole party would get wiped out lol.
Shroud - is a very nicely designed raid with all the fun elements in itl, except that running it a gazillion times has made it monotonous for me.
I'm sure there are a lot more, but this is what I have on top of my mind.

Dislike:
Any quest where you need to babysit a moronic NPC (Archer's point, Therenal coyle ones, Sharn syndicate where you need to save the family, and any more similar ones) and/or has a silly fail condition (spiders vale quest, faithfully departed)
Tedious re-flags with easy to fail final quest - Von6 & SOS. While fighting dragons = fun, its so not funny how quickly some parties get wiped while trying to reach the dragon. After spending all the time waiting for the raid group and then completing the very long pre-raid, it really ****es me off. I'd like SOS as well if it weren't for the idiotic reflag-to-run mechanism.
Tomb of blighted/tomb of tormented - They are both not difficult, but need a lot of patience. While blighted is just boring and annoying, tormented in tooo tormenting to be enjoyable. If atleast the traps were disarm-able in part 3, it would be challenging in a good way, for now it just seems to be a test of a player's patience level.
Any other that are repetitive/monotonous - Tangleroot. I mean running the same dungeon over n over n over 7 times! Really? I can never every imagine repeating this chain more on any toon, running it once is the equivalent of running a quest where you are trying to farm shinies.
Prove your worth - Simply because I have never figured out how to jump on ladders on opposite wall. I do manage to do it once or twice, but I always fall off before I can reach the top. lol

Dexraven
09-03-2013, 04:42 AM
I still love Waterworks and STK above anything. They're just so well built.

Hate, Threnal babysitting, rest of it is good

masterzzan
09-03-2013, 01:45 PM
my most favorite quest is by far :
"Bring me the head of Ghola-Fan!"

that one is classic. you have everything in it!!!"

-trap \ melee test rooms.(used to bet my friends who clear them faster ;) )
- hot bath scene with unclothed muscular large "man" .
-trapped stair way.
-prison break.
-skull pile.(searchable!)
-a hidden treasure room behind a false one.
-sleeping guards that can be awaken or not.
-archers "death" path.
-a Dojo fight scene (yea me against you and ALL your students! ).

-as well as one of the BEST items for non caster to get a hold on :the Royal guard mask.

Hazelnut
09-03-2013, 02:00 PM
Favorite so far... The Proof is in the Poison

The reason? I recently joined a static group. My toon was the lowest level (3 at the time) in the group. It was the first time I ever did the quest and I didn't die. Came close, though.

Least favorite so far... that level 2 quest where you break up a gambling den (I forget the name)

The reason? The priest that used to give it was drinking in the Leaky Dingy tavern when he gave it to you. He went on about corruption in the city while getting sloshed in a bar. What a Hippocratic.