PDA

View Full Version : Some issues re: gameplay

Teufel_Hunden
12-21-2007, 10:50 AM
I'm not one to complain. I don't come on the forums and cry and blabber on about issues. I deal with them. I don't bash Turbine, DDO, or WotC. But i've had this happen too many times recently and I'm a little annoyed. OK, Very Annoyed. I also know that it's been brought up many times, but I would like to put it on the forefront again.

I play Bards (and 2 rangers, but 6 chars are bards) of all flavors. I've got CCs, Warchanters, Spellsingers, Healers.... whatever. My best tools for being an effective class are broken. Those being:
Soundburst - Problem: mobs still fly, move, attack as normal
+Fascinate - Problem: Mobs still move, attack as normal (I even got critted by a Fascinated Reaver). I love seeing 9 Hobgoblins walking around with blue notes over their head and even thumping me unexpected-like.
+Hold Person/Monster - Problem: Mobs still move and attack as normal (got critted by a held ogre, resulting in death. This was not a swing in motion b4 i landed the Hold. I was still at maximum range and closing when i cast it. Still had some time to run to the Ogre)
+Dance Ball - Problem: Monsters either dance out of it, or if they're on the run (like Monkeymen) they dance out of it via inertia. I see them dance then they slide out of the ball and the enchantment is broken
+Otto's Irr Dance (the single person) - Problem: creatures still hit multiple times, again not a swing-in-motion-then-dance, but a full 1 minute while i whittle down his tremendous HPs.

These are not isolated incidents, they can be repeated on demand and happen 85% of the time i use these abilities.

I remember in mod 4, a lot, if not all, of these issues were present also.

Due to these, issues, i was thinking of dropping all my bards and rolling up a Virtuoso, but since Fascinate doesn't work either, what's the point? Can something be done about this? Can someone PLEASE address these issues. It is EXTREMELY frustrating to have my favorite class become severely gimped. Fortunately, i'm running a Warchanter and I can still fight.

Thank You

Arianrhod
12-21-2007, 10:59 AM
Hm...I've found fascinate fairly reliable (though DDO does have an annoying aspect of allowing any action begun by a mob to be completed, no matter what happens to it - even death doesn't interrupt a spell/ability once the animation has begun :P). There was an issue for a while with charmed elementals still acting hostile, don't know if this is related but think it was fixed. Anyway, try to post specific details of what monster/quest/CC attempt was involved, so others can reproduce the bug & give further data.

Teufel_Hunden
12-21-2007, 11:19 AM
Soundburst - Problem: mobs still fly, move, attack as normal
+Fascinate - Problem: Mobs still move, attack as normal (I even got critted by a Fascinated Reaver). I love seeing 9 Hobgoblins walking around with blue notes over their head and even thumping me unexpected-like.
+Hold Person/Monster - Problem: Mobs still move and attack as normal (got critted by a held ogre, resulting in death. This was not a swing in motion b4 i landed the Hold. I was still at maximum range and closing when i cast it. Still had some time to run to the Ogre)
+Dance Ball - Problem: Monsters either dance out of it, or if they're on the run (like Monkeymen) they dance out of it via inertia. I see them dance then they slide out of the ball and the enchantment is broken
+Otto's Irr Dance (the single person) - Problem: creatures still hit multiple times, again not a swing-in-motion-then-dance, but a full 1 minute while i whittle down his tremendous HPs.

I'm aware of the finishing the action no matter what thingy (see above). Like I said, this was *relatively* long into the fight.
I've been dealing with it for a while now. It really began to grind my gears last night. My friend and I were duo-ing Tear of Dhar., then moved to Thern. West. Both of us lvl 10. I used the hell out of fascinate in Tear, especially with the re-spawning hobgoblin room. Hold and ORD were used extensively in both quests, against Hobbies, Reavers, elementals, mephits, gargoyles. All demonstrated the same behavior. We ran Explorer in Atraxia's haven, the wildmen and Hyena's would inertia themselves right out of the Dance ball. This is very repeatable for me.

Teufel_Hunden
12-21-2007, 11:36 AM
HA! I was re-reading my post and looked at my sig and compared it to my post. While similar, the wording and intent is different. I do not believe Turbine is mishandling my class. I believe that there are some bugs that are related to my class that need to be worked out. I like my chosen class like it is, just don't like the bugs.