PDA

View Full Version : Hobbies

Svetelana
12-20-2007, 03:56 PM
Aside from DDO, what are some of your hobbies?

I enjoy woodworking and growing Orchids.....

And, an occasional smackdown on my brother when he logs my account and necros threads.....

nbhs275
12-20-2007, 03:58 PM
used to do warhammer building//painting//play

Magic the gathering

played 4 years of football, and 4 years of wrestling, am now coaching wrestling.

Painting, drawing, writing.

Im even thinking of putting a stand up act together.

Svetelana
12-20-2007, 04:00 PM
Hey, that's cool N!

I used to be into fly tying (for fly fishing). Might get back into it....

KoboldKiller
12-20-2007, 04:02 PM
Come summer I will be on the lake or river fly fishing, so Stormreach will have to survive without me most weekends.

Svetelana
12-20-2007, 05:07 PM
I've always wanted to get into R/C helicopters. Does anyone do that?

arcanehealer
12-20-2007, 05:09 PM
i like lacrosse, fishing, and rc planes + helicopters

Hence
12-20-2007, 05:12 PM
I play pool!

Usually in little tournaments locally, but I have been to the BCA Championship in Vegas twice, and played in the Reno Open a few times...

Anyone play pool?

arcanehealer
12-20-2007, 05:15 PM
i play pool but im not the best

Dariuss
12-20-2007, 05:36 PM
i have a pool room in my house

also has a dart board and a small bar

next house will have a bigger and better games room, but i am pretty happy to have a table at home

in the summer my 'hobby' is to sit outside after work, read some escapist fiction, drink beer, and smoke cugarettes until it gets dark :)

Svetelana
12-20-2007, 05:40 PM
I play pool!

Usually in little tournaments locally, but I have been to the BCA Championship in Vegas twice, and played in the Reno Open a few times...

Anyone play pool?

That is cool! Congrats.

I play pool for fun in bars. My buddy has a very old pool table, crooked. I play on it a lot. So, when I go out to play my shots are always 5-6 degrees off :)

I snowmobile and ski as well....forgot to add that to my list.....

Svetelana
12-20-2007, 05:43 PM
i like lacrosse, fishing, and rc planes + helicopters

I love deep sea fishing! I miss living by the water.

How difficult is it to get into R/C helicopters? I heard that it is very difficult and expensive. Should someone start out with planes?

Svetelana
12-20-2007, 05:47 PM
i have a pool room in my house

also has a dart board and a small bar

next house will have a bigger and better games room, but i am pretty happy to have a table at home

in the summer my 'hobby' is to sit outside after work, read some escapist fiction, drink beer, and smoke cugarettes until it gets dark :)

I want to be ur new best friend :) Sounds fun.

I fly from NY once every 2 years to ski in Banff...

Borrigain
12-20-2007, 05:48 PM
Hmmm....

Used to snowboard, play guitar in some local bands, build models, cook, mountain bike, skateboard, shop with the wife.....

But then came DDO.

And all those things gathered dust...

Holy ****, I think I'm addicted :eek:

I need an intervention! Help!

:D
Borr.

Arianrhod
12-20-2007, 06:00 PM
I used to have hobbies, sigh.

Now I have kids. And computer games - those don't have to be kept locked up out of reach so the kids don't mess with them ;)

Svetelana
12-20-2007, 06:06 PM
Hmmm....

Used to snowboard, play guitar in some local bands, build models, cook, mountain bike, skateboard, shop with the wife.....

But then came DDO.

And all those things gathered dust...

Holy ****, I think I'm addicted :eek:

I need an intervention! Help!

:D
Borr.

That's what I was thinking lol My table saw hasn't been on in months!

Falco_Easts
12-20-2007, 07:00 PM
I play and coach Rugby during the winter and play Touch Footy in a local comp over the summer.

Also do the fishing and camping thing when I can find time.

ehondajim
12-21-2007, 08:55 AM
Summer's you can find me tournament fishing at pay lakes for catfish.
I camp more now than I used to, wife thinks camper=caming I like tents and campfire. Thank goodness my son came along, I now have a little camping buddy.

I draw here's an example.
http://tn1-2.pv.deviantart.com/fs19/150/f/2007/240/b/a/Bamph_character_sketch_by_ehondajim.jpg

I play pen and paper D&D when my group isn't busy with their repective lives.

BurnerD
12-21-2007, 09:07 AM
Let's see.. according to my wife I have too many hobbies..

DDO
Basketball
Golf
Flag Football
PC Build and Repair
Web Design (basic stuff, nothing real fancy)
Coach Soccer
Used to paint the lead minis for pnp, but determined I stunk at it so I gave that up
Some basic woodworking.. I can make a helluva birdhouse... (actually not that bad, but I'm not buidling any furniture yet)
I also have a 1966 Mustang I am restoring.. it has turned into a 10 year project....
is that enough? gawd the wife is right I'm gonna have to eliminate a few of these.

Theboz
12-23-2007, 01:32 AM
I play pool!

Anyone play pool?

You dont play pool, you shoot pool. You play billards.

And yes I play billards. I own a old helmstetter(wood screw) cue, and a meucci I even got lucky and got a warped shaft which most red and black dot laminated shafts do, but it dont bother me at all, after a few beers and some easy money.

my other hobbies Mixing(techno), Car Audio(build my own fiberglass, Alpine, MB quart system in my Civic), and computers.