PDA

View Full Version : Warning about mail system-please help

strummer
12-20-2007, 09:32 AM
I recently mailed another one of my characters a beholder optic nerve and a deathblock robe of improved cold resistance to use for the beholder preraid. The recieving character clicked on the mail but did not take the items out because no one was running the preraid at the time and his inventory was full. The items in the mail went to a 5 day expiration time and kept the senders name. I assumed these would be returned to the sender upon expiration but instead they were deleted. I contacted a GM and was sent to a senior GM who said they could see the items were deleted instead of sent back and there was nothing they could do.
Is this a bug? why do non-clicked on items get returned and clicked items deleted upon expiration?
If someone can help me out the ticket# is 454056 for Silvius on the Thelanis server for 12/18/07.
Thanks

Mad_Bombardier
12-20-2007, 09:59 AM
Opened mail will expire in 5 days regardless of attachments.
Unopened mail will be returned to sender in 3 weeks (sometimes listed as 2 weeks, 6 days).

Please don't use the mail system as long (or even short) term storage.

GHOSTRYDER
12-20-2007, 10:30 AM
I recently mailed another one of my characters a beholder optic nerve and a deathblock robe of improved cold resistance to use for the beholder preraid. The recieving character clicked on the mail but did not take the items out because no one was running the preraid at the time and his inventory was full. The items in the mail went to a 5 day expiration time and kept the senders name. I assumed these would be returned to the sender upon expiration but instead they were deleted. I contacted a GM and was sent to a senior GM who said they could see the items were deleted instead of sent back and there was nothing they could do.
Is this a bug? why do non-clicked on items get returned and clicked items deleted upon expiration?
If someone can help me out the ticket# is 454056 for Silvius on the Thelanis server for 12/18/07.
Thanks

yep i learned that lesson the first week the mail system came out, except i think it was only 3 days then, friend sent me his Troll Regen ring because he was quitting, i opened it and tried to detach it with full inventory, no big deal ill grab it later, logged off, a few days went by....OOPS

sorry about your stuff man, but they cant/wont do anything about it

Sparker
12-20-2007, 06:36 PM
No this is not a bug, this is intended. Mail is deleted to prevent players from using it as storage. Sorry that you lost your items Strummer.

Thanks