PDA

View Full Version : Question about builds

KoboldKiller
12-18-2007, 12:49 PM
I see alot of builds on here that have it down to the finest minutia including DPS and such. How is it possible to get all this information? I have used the character genrator for most of my builds yet I have no idea what the damage output will be at any time. Is there somewhere I can go do find this information or are we looking at a simple math equation?

sigtrent
12-18-2007, 01:49 PM
Lots of reading!

There is a lot of minutia involved in DPS including animation speeds and other vuagaries.

Generaly the two routes to take are Two Weapon Fighting or Two Handed Fighting feats. That's the starting point. From there it really mostly comes down to picking up as many attack and damage bonuses as you can scrounge up.

Twerpp
12-18-2007, 01:52 PM
Obsessing over it every spare minute, trying to figure out the perfect build.

Impaqt
12-18-2007, 02:07 PM
Obsessing over it every spare minute, trying to figure out the perfect build.
There ya go. Insult people who create builds for the community. THats a great start.....

It simly about Math.... Many of us build creators have a stron PnP Background, many of us are power gamers, and yes, some of us obsesse a bit over builds.

Fact is the character generator does mostof the real work (Thanks Ron!)

Figuring out AC, Damage per swing, attack bonus and other aspects just comes down to sitting down and figureing out what adds together ad what doesnt.

KoboldKiller
12-18-2007, 02:46 PM
That's kind of what I had thought. I thank you for your responses.

arminius
12-18-2007, 03:02 PM
There ya go. Insult people who create builds for the community. THats a great start.....

It simly about Math.... Many of us build creators have a stron PnP Background, many of us are power gamers, and yes, some of us obsesse a bit over builds.

Fact is the character generator does mostof the real work (Thanks Ron!)

Figuring out AC, Damage per swing, attack bonus and other aspects just comes down to sitting down and figureing out what adds together ad what doesnt.

Impaqt, is it an insult? I don't think it is, nor is there any reason to assume that it was intended so.

By comparison to the average player, the type of person who would sort out all the math for all the various permutations could fairly be categorized as "obsessing," at least regarding said actions. There's nothing wrong with "obsessing." It is value neutral.

Engineers, ballerinas, painters, generals, physicists, chefs, parents, sculptors, mathematicians, explorers, theologians, entrepreneurs, novelists, ad infinitum... all the best of what makes the human experience rise above that of the lesser beasts, all the result of "obsession."

One could fairly characterize Tolkein and Gygax as obsessors as well, as well as the inventors of computing and computer networks. Without them, we'd all be playing tiddlywinks or something.

_