PDA

View Full Version : DDO, Domains, and Ecstatic Clerics

Xyfiel
12-18-2007, 02:00 AM
My attempt at getting domains into the game. I don't play clerics, but this is long overdue. Remember when offering feedback, we want something that doesn't:
unbalance the game
require any new animations
have a small number be heavily favored over the others
enough to have a nice variety

I am not going to explain why I picked each ability in detail. I stayed as close as possible to PNP yet trying to make some of them more useful. Some of them need some work though. Remember you pick 2. All spells are granted at their appropriate level, which I may go in and add later. So here we go:

Air
Turn or destroy earth creatures as a good cleric turns undead. Use these abilities a total number of times per day equal to 3 + your Charisma modifier. This granted power is a supernatural ability.

The following spells are granted without preparation:
Obscuring mist, Feather Fall, Lightning Bolt, Solid Fog, Chain Lightning, and Polar Ray

Animal
Hold animal, Wild Instincts, Bear's Endurance(Mass), Fox's Cunning(Mass), Owl's Wisdom(Mass), Bull's Strength(Mass), Cat's Grace(Mass), Eagle's Splendor(Mass), and Summon Natures Ally I-IV.

Chaos
Not enough spells to make it work well.

Death
Cause Fear, Deathward, Slay Living, Create Undead, and Destruction

Destruction
You gain the smite power, the supernatural ability to make a single melee attack with a +4 bonus on attack rolls and a bonus on damage rolls equal to your cleric level (if you hit). You must declare the smite before making the attack. This ability is usable once per day. (I suggest this work exactly as the Paladins ability)

Inflict Light Wounds, Contagion, Inflict Critical Wounds, Inflict Light Wounds Mass, Harm, and Disintegrate

Earth
Turn or destroy air creatures as a good cleric turns undead. Use these abilities a total number of times per day equal to 3 + your Charisma modifier. This granted power is a supernatural ability.

Stoneskin, Flesh to Stone, Stone to Flesh

Evil

Fire
Turn or destroy water creatures as a good cleric turns undead. Use these abilities a total number of times per day equal to 3 + your Charisma modifier. This granted power is a supernatural ability.

Burning Hands, Resist Energy(Fire/Cold only), Wall of Fire, Fire Shield, Fire Storm, Incendiary Cloud

Good
You cast good spells at +1 caster level.

Protection From Evil, Aid, Magic Circle Against Evil, Holy Smite, Blade Barrier, Holy Aura

Healing
You cast healing spells at +1 caster level. You receive the Empower Healing Feat.

Knowledge

Law
You cast law spells at +1 caster level. All weapons you wield are considered True Law weapons.

Order's Wrath, Hold Monster, Shield of Law, Holy Sword(Requires Lawful Good Alignment)

Luck
You gain the power of Good Fortune, anytime you roll a 1 on a save, you get another roll versus the effect.

Aid, Protection from Energy, Freedom of Movement, Break Enchantment

Magic
Use scrolls, wands, and other devices as a wizard of one-half your cleric level. You receive +2 to your Use Magic Device checks.

Plant
Not much we can do with this for now. Here is what I have so far:

Snare, Spike Growth, Barkskin

Protection
Grants a +1 sacred bonus to Armor Class and Saves. This Ability increases by +1 at Cleric Levels 5, 10, 15, and 20.

Protection From Energy

Strength
You can perform a feat of strength as a supernatural ability. You gain an enhancement bonus to Strength equal to your cleric level.
This ability lasts one round per Cleric level and is usable once per day.

Bull's Strength(Mass), Stoneskin, Rage

Sun
You receive the feat Improved Turning.

Fire Shield, Flame Strike, Sunburst

Travel
You receive the feat Self Sufficient.

Longstrider, Dimension Door, Teleport, Greater Teleport

Trickery
Add Bluff and Hide to your list of cleric class skills.

Invisibility, Blur, Displacement, Shadowwalk

War
Free Martial Weapon Proficiency and Weapon Focus with weapon of your choosing. If Dwarf, you may pick Dwarven Axe.

Divine Power, Flame Strike, Blade Barrier, Power Word Blind

Water
Turn or destroy fire creatures as a good cleric turns undead. Use these abilities a total number of times per day equal to 3 + your Charisma modifier. This granted power is a supernatural ability.

Obscuring Mist, Fog Cloud, Water Breathing, Ice Storm, Cone of Cold, Acid Fog, Horrid Wilting

All information was based on http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spellLists/clericDomains.htm#airDomain and my own inputs. So now is the time for you to pick it apart for balance. Have fun!

Yukiko
12-18-2007, 08:03 AM
Thats not a bad idea, i like it.