PDA

View Full Version : For the doubters

Uamhas
12-17-2007, 12:56 AM
I know that some of you think that roleplayers do nothing but sit on their collective... thumbs all day and speak in cheesey fake british accents, but here's proof (http://s241.photobucket.com/albums/ff276/xyvael_aeden/Misc%20DDO/?action=view&current=ScreenShot01037.jpg)that we can accomplish what we set our minds to. Each and every person in the screenshot is either in Fellowship of the Golden Night or Order of the Sword and Rose, both of which are roleplaying guilds on Thelanis. Thanks to Jags, Lessah, Madeye, Points, Versatillas, and Zoltando... with special mention to Deriaz and Brunos. I promise I won't lock you out next time, Brunos. :o

Memnir
12-17-2007, 02:27 AM
Congrats to the Butterfly Aficionados on the server! :)
Just because I don't enjoy RPing in DDO does not mean I don't have a good degree of respect for it as a play style or for those who play that way. Awesome job to each of ya's!

Clay
12-17-2007, 03:53 AM
Gratz Guys... and Gals... and butterflies.

Oh and don't let Memnir fool you. I saw him prancing around the market with a pony named Daisey looking for butterflies. I think he has been assimilated! :eek:

Nevthial
12-17-2007, 04:31 AM
Congrats! Nice to see other RPer's kicking some!

Braegan
12-17-2007, 07:29 AM
You don't fool me. You all sat around and "talked" the titan to death, theres so much poorly impersonated british accent even a titan could take :p jk :D Seriously grats folks!!!

Rayzorlew
12-17-2007, 07:45 AM
I'm at work and they filter block photobucket, but it sounds like you guys beat the Titan?

Congrats.
...but I still think one butterfly would of wiped the party.
jk. :D

Ringos
12-17-2007, 10:50 AM
Very cool! I would love to try RP on DDO sometime, but I'm afraid I would suck and get folks mad at me. The only thing I'd be good at is playing a wise-cracking Human Cleric...if even that! I do respect the people that can RP in this game. I've hung out at the Phoenix before on Thursday and just observed, pretty neat.

Congrats!

Ardanroth
12-17-2007, 11:46 AM
Hell i have a fake british accent and am british!!!!

Grats to everyone

Ringo - take the plunge thats what Thelanis Thursdays are all about

Deriaz
12-17-2007, 02:22 PM
I regret that I couldn't stay for the whole thing. :x Was fun to try and learn the puzzle, though, without using DDoor. :3 Until, of course, I learned you need at least 5 people to do that. >>;;

Great job, guys. ^^ Glad to see ya did it!

*Grumbles something about 'stupid school nights'.*

-D

Parsley
12-17-2007, 03:58 PM
Ah, seems like only a couple days ago I was leading Jaggie and her Fellowship through the Restless Isles to reach the Ogre compound and Ghola Fan. Wait, that was only two days ago. And you already took down the Titan?? Congratulations! Great accomplishment by the RP guilds.

weyoun
12-18-2007, 08:34 AM
Congrats on the toaster kill. Anything good drop outta the chest?

cdbd3rd
12-18-2007, 05:23 PM
...but I still think one butterfly would of wiped the party.
jk. :D

I ventured out into the new Vale... I think even the butterflies there are CR16 or so....

;)

edit: /feels a cool draft, and sidles quietly out the side door....:rolleyes:

Uamhas
12-18-2007, 07:14 PM
eaten by cube

FYI I have never hit the report button on anyone in the DDO forums. Have a nice day.
To Weyoun: a +2 wisdom tome dropped.

DolfaTrueheart
12-18-2007, 07:25 PM
I know that some of you think that roleplayers do nothing but sit on their collective... thumbs all day and speak in cheesey fake british accents, but here's proof (http://s241.photobucket.com/albums/ff276/xyvael_aeden/Misc%20DDO/?action=view&current=ScreenShot01037.jpg)that we can accomplish what we set our minds to. Each and every person in the screenshot is either in Fellowship of the Golden Night or Order of the Sword and Rose, both of which are roleplaying guilds on Thelanis. Thanks to Jags, Lessah, Madeye, Points, Versatillas, and Zoltando... with special mention to Deriaz and Brunos. I promise I won't lock you out next time, Brunos. :o

Roleplayers or Hardcore raiders...Thelanis is just the f--king best server! :D

MrCow
12-18-2007, 07:27 PM
Gasp! Dolfa still exists!

Renegade66
12-18-2007, 08:07 PM
Grats on the victory. How would you rate the level of enjoyment compared to ddo roleplaying?

TreknaQudane
12-18-2007, 08:10 PM
Grats on the victory. How would you rate the level of enjoyment compared to ddo roleplaying?

What is to say the two are mutually exclusive?

Deriaz
12-18-2007, 08:17 PM

If I'm understanding you correctly, you're asking how fun it was compared to roleplaying? If I'm reading that wrong, just tell me. ;)

But to answer it. . .

It was a blast (Even though I couldn't stay for the whole thing!). Mainly cause we did the raid in character, so it was role-playing and a raid at the same time. It was much more enjoyable than any other raid I've ever been on. ;)

-D

Renegade66
12-19-2007, 06:24 AM
If I'm understanding you correctly, you're asking how fun it was compared to roleplaying? If I'm reading that wrong, just tell me. ;)

But to answer it. . .

It was a blast (Even though I couldn't stay for the whole thing!). Mainly cause we did the raid in character, so it was role-playing and a raid at the same time. It was much more enjoyable than any other raid I've ever been on. ;)

-D

Interesting. What's up next for the RPG Raiders?

Ringos
12-19-2007, 10:06 AM
eaten by cube

[eaten by cube]

Actually, I think the whole issue of bragging is ridiculous. Other than vulgarities and personal attacks, we should pretty much be able to post anything we want here. Your guild did something great? Post it. I know that MANY people like reading about what others are doing . It's exciting and it makes us try to be a bit better ourselves. I just don't understand why people have problems with it [eaten by cube]. If folks don't like posts about accomplishments, simply don't read them. [eaten by cube]

All that said I think the whole role-playing raid is great. Have there been greater accomplishments? Perhaps, but who cares? Why do we have to measure everything all the time? Does it matter? If it does, about 90% of us should quit. I can barely make it through The Kobold's New Ringleader with my 14 Cleric!

Tolero
12-19-2007, 12:53 PM
Moving this to the Achievement forums. There we can have a refresher on appropriate - and inappropriate - behavior in relation to those who express their achievements :)

Jaggie
12-22-2007, 10:18 PM
Ah, seems like only a couple days ago I was leading Jaggie and her Fellowship through the Restless Isles to reach the Ogre compound and Ghola Fan. Wait, that was only two days ago. And you already took down the Titan?? Congratulations! Great accomplishment by the RP guilds.

thanks again for that. ^^ *gives a pile of cookies*