PDA

View Full Version : Warforged Bard and Heavy Armor

~Zornochio
12-16-2007, 09:55 PM
I made a Warforged Bard today with Adamantine Armor (will be taking fighter level and using non-somatic spells) and noticed that I didn't get an attack penalty even though Bards don't have Heavy Armor Proficiency and Adamantine says it counts as heavy. Is this something that was missed or just another bonus (albeit a small one :) ) for Warforged? If it is supposed to work that way I may just skip the fighter levels.

MrCow
12-16-2007, 09:59 PM
Warforged are automatically proficient with their bodies, regardless of the plating choice. Do notice, though, that as a bard you will have 35% chance of arcane spell failure in adamantine plating. This is the part that would turn most Warforged Bards away from Adamantine Armor.

Xyfiel
12-16-2007, 10:57 PM
Non somatic spells have no spell failure.

Warforged Bard 16
6 starting cha +3 enhancements +1 tome +6 item=16, enough to cast all spells
Otto's irresistable has no dc or somatic so all you need is 16 total cha
Be a Warforgedchanter and go to town one baddy at a time.

Mass suggestion, blur, displacement have no somatic either among others.

I am planning to have a sorc18/pal2 with high ac/saves using otto's and wail of banshee, since it can be cast in full armor/tower.

Hvymetal
12-17-2007, 02:49 AM
Warforged are automatically proficient with their bodies, regardless of the plating choice. Do notice, though, that as a bard you will have 35% chance of arcane spell failure in adamantine plating. This is the part that would turn most Warforged Bards away from Adamantine Armor.
Except it does effect evasion, thats about it though for armor restrictions other than the Arcane spell failure.