PDA

View Full Version : Harassment Reports

wizzy_catt
12-14-2007, 03:39 AM
some player decided to create a new character called 'coalgiver' and used IT to send spam mails contain 1 copper and 1 coal and then delete the character. I've tried to send in a harassment report but it said error this player does not exist. can you do anything about it and delete these mail for me? im tired to open up each one of them and take the copper and coal out of each mail then delete them.

50 freaking mails! im sorry im not going to take each one of them out and delete them ban that freaking spammer

ticket info:
server: khyber
ticket id#: 451387
updated: 12/14/07 2:53am

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k207/wizzy_catt/ScreenShot01331.jpg

Strakeln
12-14-2007, 09:45 AM
Looks like you ****ed someone off who was willing to take the time to return the favor. If they were smart enough, they're doing this from a trial account, so banning won't do much good (can mail be sent from trial accounts?).

Dare I ask who you ticked off enough to waste this much time sending you mail? :p

This issue should be "resolved" in mod 6, with the mail changes.

Bekki
12-14-2007, 11:42 AM
That is just messed up! :eek:

What you can do is ignore the messages.
Now I know it will Bite for a while having to page down
approx. 50 E-Mails!

But if you ignore then for a specified anount of time the System automatically
returns the mail to the sender.

If (as you said) the account has been terminated,
(and I am inclined to believe Strakeln) that whoever this was,
they sent these from a trial account, then terminated the account).
it would eliminate traceability).

The System could do two or possibly 3 things.

1. Delete the mail entirely, "Coin lords Keep the money... I'm sure they would like that!" :D

2. Delete the mail, and the money would default to you, *and the coal too I am afraid*
Which is not very likely I am afraid.

or 3.

This I am afraid may be the most likely result...sorry :(

The Mail will be returned to you.

Now i must admit this is just my guess, I truly do not know.
But I am hoping that you would have some options in this matter.

after a certain amount of time mail is normally returned by
default, it is just my hope that maybe you could use this to your advantage.
I don't know.
I hope the dev's can help you out, Good luck.

Mad_Bombardier
12-14-2007, 03:48 PM
It was announced that in Mod6, there will be Confirmed (admin, AH, friends, guild) and Unconfirmed (everyone else) mail bags. Hopefully, we'll be able to delete Unconfirmed mail and attachments without detaching.

Sparker
12-14-2007, 08:54 PM
In-Game Customer Service: Have a non urgent question for a GM? Post it here. Urgent requests should use the in-game Help options.

Considering this is an urgent ingame issue and you have filed a help request, I am closing this thread.

some player decided to create a new character called 'coalgiver' and used IT to send spam mails contain 1 copper and 1 coal and then delete the character. I've tried to send in a harassment report but it said error this player does not exist. can you do anything about it and delete these mail for me? im tired to open up each one of them and take the copper and coal out of each mail then delete them.

50 freaking mails! im sorry im not going to take each one of them out and delete them ban that freaking spammer

ticket info:
server: khyber
ticket id#: 451387
updated: 12/14/07 2:53am