PDA

View Full Version : Cakes

wizzy_catt
12-14-2007, 01:33 AM
since the coins re-opened i found a couple of my cakes i had in bank has been changed. im a lil upset about it. it was near 30 rage cakes now all turned into Bear's Endurance and my good hope cakes turned into Order Wrath'? please come up with new cake names with new clickys on them rather than changing what we still have stored in bank.

lostinjapan
12-14-2007, 03:27 AM
I haven't checked my character that had cakes left from last year but if they changed the properties instead of coming up with new names, that really really stinks.

DaveyCrockett
12-14-2007, 03:30 AM
I haven't checked my character that had cakes left from last year but if they changed the properties instead of coming up with new names, that really really stinks.

They did, and it does.... Just a handful changed, but that still is kind of lame, imo

lenric
12-14-2007, 03:38 AM
Ya, I was dissapointed as well, I had a stack of the rage cakes myself which I had just started using recently on my 'barbarian' and now its just bears endurance.....:(

Staedtler
12-14-2007, 05:15 AM
Just wait a couple thousand years for the planes to realign. Then you'll have your cakes back!

Strakeln
12-14-2007, 09:45 AM
I no longer regret using all but two of my beholder cookies.

Ikuryo
12-14-2007, 10:03 AM
Beholder cookies now have disintegrate as an effect though. If it works on your target its fairly powerful..

lostinjapan
12-18-2007, 01:32 AM
What I and my husband had a lot left of were Good Hope cakes. Which changed to something completely useless. No thanks Turbine. :mad:

Mockduck
12-18-2007, 06:26 AM
The cake is a lie.

Sorry, couldn't stop myself from posting this....

Deriaz
12-18-2007, 06:34 AM
The cake is a lie.

Sorry, couldn't stop myself from posting this....

Bwhahaha. Nice. ;)

As for the cakes changing. . . Yeah, I was sort of disappointed. Jaggie always gives me spare Beholder cookies and stuff, to goof around with. So when I saw those changed to Disintegrate, I got a little depressed.

. . .

Then I blew up a Kobold with Disintegrate. And I was happy again. :D

-D

BlueLightBandit
12-18-2007, 07:31 AM
Honestly... if the cakes were so good then, how come they were never used?

Kinda like my mothers fine china that never got used unless it was turkey day, and then we had to be so careful not to mess it up that it was more of a hassle than a good thing.

They added Tensers cakes I believe, which is way cooler than rage any day of the week, even if just for the crazy graphic surrounding your character. And they also didn't take away the rez cakes, which were IMO the coolest cakes in the game.

Rage cakes stacked with rage potions which stacked with barbarians rage... it was kinda funny to watch people spend 20 seconds buffing for a 30 second fight... not to mention rather silly. Beholder cookies were put to far more nefarious uses... so they changed those too.

I for one like the changes.

Yukiko
12-18-2007, 07:41 AM
I can see them wanting to mix it up each year with diffrent effects on the goodies.
I still know people with 50 res cakes from last year, i mean wow thats a lot

GuitarHero
12-18-2007, 09:03 AM
"Cake or death?"