PDA

View Full Version : Like/Dislike/Want thread

DrAwkward
12-13-2007, 05:43 PM
The intent of this thread is to give feeback to the devs in a specific format.

First a "Like"

Say something about the game that you really enjoy. This has to be honest positive feedback, and not have a "but" or any sarcasm. Preferably this is something that the Devs can see "If I do more stuff along this line, it will make you enjoy the game"

Next a "Dislike"

Say something about the game that reduces your enjoyment. Not specific bugs, but concepts or directions that the devs are taking that is steering the game away from what you want to play.

Last a "Want"

List a very specific bug fix or improvement, new feat or enhancement, or a tweak to existing mechanics. Simpler the better.

-----------------------------
I like the idea of giving prestige-class abilities as enhancements. This really opens up the game, and gives the devs a way to expand the high-end enhancements in new and nifty directions. It adds variety to the classes, and lets us try stuff.

I dislike throwing away XP. This is a real drain on my enjoyment of the game, and is something I avoid doing. For example, I haven't touched Mod 5. It'll still be there after the next level cap increase, so why bother doing it now. I forsee this being a continuous problem, as well. I'll probably be ignoring the module after 6, because I'll be capped again by then. The only thing that I can think of that might extend my enjoyment is if I had something to spend excess experience on, like crafting.

I want the cleric enhancement that uses turns to cure ailments to also remove the stun effect from a Mind Flayer's mindblast. Heal probably should fix it too.

DrAwkward
12-13-2007, 05:52 PM
I like the change to make shrines reusable on a timer. This allows for more diverse styles of play.

I dislike permament damage. Might be luck, but I only ever tend to get Permanent damage when doing favor quests, and that just infuriates me. Permanent damage is not in (what I consider) the spirit of D&D. We have Magic - anything is possible, and anything should be repairable. Getting b0rkened to a point where a regular smith can't fix it is reasonable, but there should still be a way. I understand the concept of damage-as-money-sink, and that's tolerable. Permanent damage is just irritating, and doesn't serve any real purpose.

I want the ability to invite my alts into my guild without needing another player's help. Maybe via the mail?

DrAwkward
12-13-2007, 05:55 PM
I like the collectable bag. I'm a collectable addict, and this helps free up much needed space while adventuring.

I dislike gems. They have no value except as currency, but yet they sell as if they were used goods. Gems should either disentigrate into the appropriate amount of coin when you pick them up, or sell for full value. If all gems were useful for some other purpose (like in leiu of dragonshard fragments) then they would have a place in the game.

I want a spell component bag. It would, of course, have to look in the bag when you go to cast.

DrAwkward
12-13-2007, 06:37 PM
I like the concept of lingering negative effects from death. Something akin to a hangover makes a lot of sense to me.

I dislike the idea of my stuff taking damage when I die. If I fall in lava, sure. If I die from scorpion poison, no. This should addressed separately from death and be more related to taking damage. I believe this mechanic is already in place, and the items in question get to apply hardness and or saves to avoid damage, as they should.

I want specialty ammo to drop in stacks larger than 20. A random amount from 20-100 might make them worth holding on to.

Stormanne
12-13-2007, 06:49 PM
I love the over all gameplay mechanics. This is a refreshing difference as compared to all the other MMO's out there. The graphics aren't exactly shabby either.

I dislike the gaps between content additions. Granted, this is a universal problem for MMO's. Never enough content to keep players happy. Would love to see some good meaningful "endgame" content for those of us that are capped.

I would like to see the level cap shot straight up to level 20. The shear amount of experience needed to hit that level would leave more than enough time for the developers to work on, test, and release content to suit those levels. Only hiccup would be the need for the appropriate feats, spells and enhancements.

Jaywade
12-13-2007, 07:24 PM
-----likes------
the shrine thing I think is a good idea...I mean melee can always swing a sword but casters power are tied to mana so being able to reuse is a great idea
----dislike-----
changing the death thing to no neg xp and damage on equipment...... I don;t think nothing is wrong w/ current results of death....xp is very easy to come from, although this does make the abbot and the reaver raid more bearable to many....death should mean soemthing and if I get my head cut off or a sword in the chest why should that affect my boots or gloves or rings...bad idea
----wants-----
more slots ----honestly have 9 toons..... 8 lvl 14's would like more on my server not another can we have 2 more in this mod...

DrAwkward
12-13-2007, 08:14 PM
I like Festivult.

I dislike that they renamed it from last year. They added a letter and now I have to print new Tee shirts, and the wording turned out off center when I fixed my embroidered pillows. Thank the Host I hadn't sent out cards yet.

I want MOAR COINS. I don't mean the drop rate; this is a personal problem ... borderline addiction, really. MOAR!!!!!!!!111!!

GramercyRiff
12-14-2007, 01:07 AM
I want the cleric enhancement that uses turns to cure ailments to also remove the stun effect from a Mind Flayer's mindblast. Heal probably should fix it too.

Heal should fix the Mind Flayer's Mindblast. Mindblast imposes the stunned condition. Heal removes the stunned condition. It's that simple.

I like everything about Bards.

I dislike the raid loot 20 completions random 50% of the list end reward. I really think at some number, whatever that may be (20, 30, 40, 50), we get access to the full raid list. If we devote enough time to any given raid, we should be able to get what we want out of it. People can be extremely unlucky, and luck shouldn't be a part of the reward for devoting a lot of time to anything in this game. With raids, since there is a timer involved, it takes a lot of time to get to 20 or 40 completions. I write this because I've done 25 raids in the Titan and never once seen the 7 fingered gloves drop, not for me, not for anyone. 18 of these raids were prior to the new system. My 20th raid, which encompassed about 6 months real time, didn't get me the 7 fingered gloves in the end reward. This was disappointing to say the least.

I want more character slots. I probably can't make enough characters, especially as the game grows and we get more and more character options like Monk, Druid, Half Orc, and other class or racial enhancements.