PDA

View Full Version : Best Melee DPS.

Sual
12-13-2007, 04:57 PM
Besides Barbs rage.... isnt fighter better because of the AC difference?

Also does TWF do A LOT more dps than a 2hander?

Also what are some good WarForged build links?

On a side note I have 2 sorcs lvl 5 but PvE they get boring kinda fast, but pvp they rock.... wondering if any melee can even come close to the pvp power a mage has?

sigtrent
12-13-2007, 05:30 PM
Barbarians and fighters are both quite good but somewhat different. Fighters are more multi fasceted but barbarians are a bit better at straight up offense.

TWF is a bit better than THF depending on the character build and situation. They both work very well for different reasons. THF requires good strenght to work well, TWF benefits from bonuses that apply to every attack you make (like bard damage bonuses or sneak attack damage)

Melees do not do as well in PvP as casters, mostly because the caster can kill them before they can close in for an attack. If you want to do well against casters as a melee I'd take one level of bard for the fascinate song. Jump around avoiding their attacks and get them with fascinate. Then saunter up and kill them.

legonares
12-17-2007, 05:32 PM
There Sig I don't agree with you, why mutli-class a sorcerer with more Dps than any other class in the game, with a class with a small amount of Dps.

Barbarians have quite a bit more Dps than Fighters depending on the situation and the weapons that the fighter has...

Sorcerers, Wizards, and clerics all have abilities in PvP that the other classes dont have

Strakeln
12-17-2007, 06:34 PM
There Sig I don't agree with you, why mutli-class a sorcerer with more Dps than any other class in the game, with a class with a small amount of Dps.I think he was saying that if you wanted to go against a caster as a melee class, take a level of bard to fascinate the caster. Then walk up, apply trip and DPS.

legonares
12-18-2007, 04:17 PM
yea... that would make sence honest mistake

jmonty
12-21-2007, 05:42 PM
i love my twf dwarven strength ranger, but i don't know that he can out damage a thf, maybe vs 1, but in a mob i suspect having cleave will give the thf an edge.

Blind_Skwerl
12-21-2007, 05:57 PM
I have a dwarven strength based 2 weapon fighting ranger. Honestly, the damage numbers are insane. I don't see 200+ damage numbers like a 2hf raged barb, but I see tons of smaller ones. They literally are scrolling up from the mobs like red and purple ticker tape comming out of their heads. :D

Mad_Bombardier
12-22-2007, 09:13 AM
They literally are scrolling up from the mobs like red and purple ticker tape comming out of their heads. :DThat's quotable! :)

Casta
12-22-2007, 09:41 AM
I have a dwarven strength based 2 weapon fighting ranger. Honestly, the damage numbers are insane. I don't see 200+ damage numbers like a 2hf raged barb, but I see tons of smaller ones. They literally are scrolling up from the mobs like red and purple ticker tape comming out of their heads. :D

I have a dex based thf fighter, still has high str around 28. But the damage is nowhere near my barb, but he duel wields wounding/puncturing rapiers and that makes things go down fast.