PDA

View Full Version : SUGESTION: Please - Make a test in the RISIA server before making a change...

marcosoneghett
12-13-2007, 04:08 PM
Please,

As i think we all know, the RISIA SERVER is the beta server of DDO. If you guys at TURBINE have to make some changes on the drop rates, implement a loot weekend... another festival or something like that, woudn't make sense to test it before on RISIA?

I mean, 7 hours DOWNTIME to change a COIN drop rate isn't a bit too much????

CrimsonEagle
12-13-2007, 04:23 PM
Please,

As i think we all know, the RISIA SERVER is the beta server of DDO. If you guys at TURBINE have to make some changes on the drop rates, implement a loot weekend... another festival or something like that, woudn't make sense to test it before on RISIA?

I mean, 7 hours DOWNTIME to change a COIN drop rate isn't a bit too much????

Perhaps if people played on Risia and were able to give some feedback....

Since I have been working some outrageous hours, I have been tinkering on Risia when I get the chance. You would be amazed at how many times I am the only name on that server. Now I realize that many stay invisible, but think about it....Go find out for yourself if you don't believe me. Risia is a ghost town/server.

They do upload changes to Risia, there is just either A. No one there to find any flaws in the programing, or B.Someone finds a bug/exploit and keeps it to themselves. I would be willing to bet A is the winner.

I actually got out of work early today because of the storm here. Was going to play on my regular server and visit my guildies who I have not seen for quite some time. Things didn't go as planned. Oh well...at least I get a small break from work.

TiberiusofTyr
12-13-2007, 04:32 PM
Risia is the public test server. They have a closed test server as well.

The official word is that the bulk of the downtown today was to backup the data.