PDA

View Full Version : Is it really necessary?

Luthen
12-13-2007, 09:37 AM
Is a potentially 6 hour long "Hot Fix" downtime needed to increase the drop rate for Festivus coins? While they werent all that high I was still seeing them in 75% or more of the chests (and I run alot of Tapestry chests so this isnt a small sampling). But a 6 hour downtime for this on a Thursday instead of waiting until Monday like normal patches? Or is there something else you're not telling us?

Yaga_Nub
12-13-2007, 10:11 AM
Is a potentially 6 hour long "Hot Fix" downtime needed to increase the drop rate for Festivus coins? While they werent all that high I was still seeing them in 75% or more of the chests (and I run alot of Tapestry chests so this isnt a small sampling). But a 6 hour downtime for this on a Thursday instead of waiting until Monday like normal patches? Or is there something else you're not telling us?

DDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lorien_the_First_One
12-13-2007, 10:23 AM

Why is down today worse than down Monday? Might as well fix it, people were unhappy and clearly the devs agreed with them.

Mercules
12-13-2007, 10:31 AM

I know... we should suggest that they are up to something... that always makes people more friendly with me when I ask them politely if they are hiding something. :)

I am willing to bet with the upcoming weekend they want to get the token drop rate up a bit. Look at the several threads complaining about the drop rate. Maybe they didn't intend for it to be THAT low and we have a limited time to pick up our coins, so... let them fix it.

smatt
12-13-2007, 10:33 AM

Hmmm, well now that ou mentioned it.. I'd say they're goign to nerf the Orchard chests.. Just to mess with you :)

Oh wait...... I run them too.. Dag nab it :)

Lorien_the_First_One
12-13-2007, 10:37 AM
I know... we should suggest that they are up to something... .

I heard that the REAL reason for the down time was to nerf vorpals by changing them to only work if we roll a natural 21.

Taojeff
12-13-2007, 10:41 AM
I heard that the REAL reason for the down time was to nerf vorpals by changing them to only work if we roll a natural 21.

Yay, god finally :D

Luthen
12-13-2007, 10:51 AM
Well I see people making assumptions still. I am just saying. Was it really so important to take down the servers for up to 5 hours again this week or couldnt it have waited until monday when they normally do down times?

Luthen
12-13-2007, 10:54 AM
I know... we should suggest that they are up to something... that always makes people more friendly with me when I ask them politely if they are hiding something. :)

I am willing to bet with the upcoming weekend they want to get the token drop rate up a bit. Look at the several threads complaining about the drop rate. Maybe they didn't intend for it to be THAT low and we have a limited time to pick up our coins, so... let them fix it.

Yes it is a limited time. But it's not like they've never extended events because they made a mistake. just seems like it'd be simpler to do a downtime when they normally do down times and just extend the drops an extra weekend to make up the difference instead of adding extra down time. Just my opinion though.

Impaqt
12-13-2007, 10:57 AM
Personally, Thursday, or Monday.. Downtime is Downtime..... Never a good thing....

But for this, I'd much rather have the increased drop rate for the weekend when many players have more time to invest.

Luthen
12-13-2007, 11:10 AM
Personally, Thursday, or Monday.. Downtime is Downtime..... Never a good thing....

But for this, I'd much rather have the increased drop rate for the weekend when many players have more time to invest.

I agree. Thursday OR monday makes no difference to me. But Thursday AND Monday is just frustrating.

Porkchop
12-13-2007, 11:15 AM

They are just being smart. They would rather give us a longer downtime then expected, so when the servers come back up "early", you will be happier.

In_Like_Flynn
12-13-2007, 11:17 AM
I don't usually, but this time I wonder why so many hours are needed for such a small change.

OberGeek
12-13-2007, 11:22 AM
They are just being smart. They would rather give us a longer downtime then expected, so when the servers come back up "early", you will be happier.

No being smart would have been to give us the same drop rate we had last year and be done with it... poor job turbine.