PDA

View Full Version : Ranger Specialities

~Jules921
12-13-2007, 01:50 AM
"NEW Ranger Deepwood Sniper I:
Prereqs: Ranger 6, Point Blank Shot, Weapon Focus: Ranged, Ranger Hide 2, Ranger Move Silently 2, Ranger Spot 2.
Benefit: Grants a +1 bonus to Hide, Move Silently, and Spot. Also grants the ability to take an aimed 'sniper shot' with a +4 bonus to hit, +1 critical threat range, and +1 critical threat multiplier. "

So tell me am I reading this correctly - this will go hand in hand with a ranger/rogue multi-classed character - correct? Especially one that is specced for sneak-attack type stuff.

I was waiting to see the specs come out for the Specialities and they look really really nice.

"NEW Ranger Tempest I:
Prereqs: Ranger 6, Two Weapon Fighting, Improved Two Weapon Fighting, Dodge, Mobility, Spring Attack.
Benefit: Grants a stacking bonus to dual wield attack speed and a +2 bonus to armor class while dual wielding. "

My pure ranger will definately be taking this route. Look really really nice.

Jules

barecm
12-13-2007, 08:19 AM
"NEW Ranger Deepwood Sniper I:
Prereqs: Ranger 6, Point Blank Shot, Weapon Focus: Ranged, Ranger Hide 2, Ranger Move Silently 2, Ranger Spot 2.
Benefit: Grants a +1 bonus to Hide, Move Silently, and Spot. Also grants the ability to take an aimed 'sniper shot' with a +4 bonus to hit, +1 critical threat range, and +1 critical threat multiplier. "

So tell me am I reading this correctly - this will go hand in hand with a ranger/rogue multi-classed character - correct? Especially one that is specced for sneak-attack type stuff.

I was waiting to see the specs come out for the Specialities and they look really really nice.

"NEW Ranger Tempest I:
Prereqs: Ranger 6, Two Weapon Fighting, Improved Two Weapon Fighting, Dodge, Mobility, Spring Attack.
Benefit: Grants a stacking bonus to dual wield attack speed and a +2 bonus to armor class while dual wielding. "

My pure ranger will definately be taking this route. Look really really nice.

Jules

This is how I read it:

Rangers should specialize (as in DnD) in either ranged or TWF melee from early on. However in DDO, we basically get both. This is an attempt to get back to the specialization by offering a bigger bonus for rangers that want to specialize in either ranged or TWF melee. I don't necessarily think darkwood sniper will be more for ranger rogue multiclasses, but rather ranged. The same goes for tempest except it is TWF melee.

Personally, I like the deepwood sniper and the critical threat range and multiplier bonus. Hopefully, those will go up with deepwood sniper II - IV (which I'm hoping there will be II - IV)

MysticTheurge
12-13-2007, 08:24 AM
Personally, I like the deepwood sniper and the critical threat range and multiplier bonus. Hopefully, those will go up with deepwood sniper II - IV (which I'm hoping there will be II - IV)

When discussing the Tier II Way of's for Rogues, Eladrin hinted (or maybe just said; I don't recall) that they'd be level 12.

Given that the Tier Is are level 6, that'd put the Tier IIIs at 18 (if you're following a logical progression), thus strongly suggesting that there would be no Tier IVs.