PDA

View Full Version : dev chat log

ArkoHighStar
12-12-2007, 08:23 PM
for those who can't wait

<DelmarWynn> Merry Festivult and welcome to the Dungeons and Dragons Online WarCry Dev Chat. Thank you all for stopping by tonight. If you haven't already done so you can send your questions to @[QT]QuestionTaker. Also general chat is available in #warcry.
<DelmarWynn> And now onto our honored guests to introduce themselves! w00t!
<Codog> Howdy I'm Codog! Senior Game Systems Engineer.... I like shooting things with bows.
<Eladrin> Hi everyone! I'm Eladrin, the Lead Game Systems Designer for DDO. Raar.
<Eldorudo> Hi! I am Eldorudo. I am a content designer and I write quests and stuff. Thanks for joining us tonight.
<Torc_> Hello. I build content for the game. Mostly Dungeons ;)
<Glin> Hi all. I am Glin, a producer on DDO.
* Keeper builds landscapes and dungeons for DDO, and is currently licking guacamole from her elbows.
<Piloto> Hi. I'm Piloto, and I'm on the Systems Design Team.
<Zyrca> Hi!, I'm Zyrca, game systems engineer (I write code)
<Tolero> Evening everyone! I spend my days working closely with the community, among other tasks.
<Quarion> And I'm Quarion. I'm one of the DDO community representatives on the DDO Forums!
<DelmarWynn> DaveyCrockett: Is there any real consideration to introducing PRCs through the enhancement system per MT's thread, as the new Ranger enhancements would indicate?
<Quarion> Eladrin, type faster!!
<Eladrin> We've been introducing enhancements in the theme of various prestige classes for some time now, beginning with the Way of the Assassin and Way of the Thief-Acrobat enhancements that the Rogues received now so long ago. We do intend on continuing to expand the enhancement system as time goes on...
<Eladrin> I'll break it into lines, fine. :)
<Eladrin> The Rangers received Deepwood Sniper, Tempest, and Arcane Archer this time around. There'll be more iconic prestige classes getting enhancement treatment as well.
<DelmarWynn> Anne/Theris: What was the most difficult restriction you had when you came up with an idea or story for a new Module? I would personally love to hear an example, with one of the past modules.
<Keeper> One of the more interesting restrictions I’ve had to address was how to build a public space on the landscape that overlooked a private instance, a la Gianthold.
<Keeper> I was able to get some good pointers for that from the Lord of the Rings Online team. There are lots of carefully positioned invisible walls involved.
<DelmarWynn> arkohighstar: there has been much discussion lately on the death penalty, any update on whether you plan on making major changes to it in the future?
<Eladrin> There's been a very active thread on the DDO forums related to XP as a death penalty, and we've been listening to the feedback that we've been getting from there and other sources.
<Eladrin> Two of the biggest things we hear about as negative play experiences revolve around permanent item damage as well as XP loss on death.
<Eladrin> Both of these are being addressed in Module Six...
<Eladrin> First off, bound items will no longer be subject to permanent damage. The permanent damage rate on unbound objects will be halved, and repair costs are reduced across the board.
<Eladrin> A simple manner to bind any objects you desire will be available using the Eldritch Devices in some common areas.
<Eladrin> Related to the death penalty: We've removed the XP penalty from death entirely, and replaced it with a system that deals some item wear to all equipped, non-stacking objects and applies a short duration debuff after resurrection.
<DelmarWynn> DDOcast: Hiya - thanks for having this. I'm wondering if any consideration is being done to allow players to customize their clothing? Or at the least give players a chance to change the colors of their armor, hats, robes, etc?
<Glin> We plan to introduce game systems in that allow players to modify some of their items.
<Eladrin> It will be tied in closely with the crafting system.
<DelmarWynn> Ustice: There has been some talk of some features in the past that haven't been talked about recently. Where are we with Guild Banks/Housing, Druids, PvP
<Glin> We have plans for new character calsses, and Druids is the next class after the monk - we want to put some very spiffy tech into Druids.
<Glin> PvP will get more attention as well as leaderboards and more web integrated communication from the game.
<DelmarWynn> Yaga: Question #2: Eldarin hinted that Mod 7 would be rogue and Paladin love, care to give us a sneak peak? and also
<DelmarWynn> Coldin: Are there any plans to improve rogue abilities beyond the new "Way of" abilities? In particular, making a rogue more useful in quests with lots of undead, where sneak attack damage has no benefit.
<Eladrin> Module 7 should include the second level of the Rogue "Way of's", as well as other improvements to the Paladin and Rogue classes. It's quite likely that Rogues will end up with some sort of options available for those that face undead and constructs often.
<Eladrin> I can't really get any more specific at this time, but we do read those threads on the forums (I'm looking at you, Paladins, with your 40 page thread...) so keep those ideas flowing.
<Eladrin> As I mentioned in one of the Arcane Archer threads, the idea for allowing Elves to take the enhancement without Ranger levels came directly from the forums.
<Keeper> I don't know anything about that, but I have personally decided this evening that DDO is lacking in guacamole. I shall be adding some, just as soon as I can figure out how to squeeze it down the phone lines.
<Eladrin> Like magic items, you can never have enough guacamole.
<DelmarWynn> Anne/Theris: Have you ever considered revamping old quests? If so, how would you do it? If not, why not and are there any difficulties in updating the content in older quests?
<Eldorudo> We have gone back to revamp some old areas, such as Menechtarun, Sorrowdusk and Tangleroot because we had new tech that we thought would drastically improve those areas.
<Eldorudo> Revamping old quests would take time away from making new content, so unless we have a really compelling reason to go back, the old content will stay as is. Unless of course there are bugs to fix. ;)
<DelmarWynn> Please /msg <nick>, /q <nick>, or double click on a question taker (names starting with [QT]) to submit your questions!
* ddowarcry298 has quit IRC (EOF from client)
<DelmarWynn> Ustice: What is a typical day for a developer, project manager, community relations rep, and other key positions?
<Keeper> A typical day for me. . . take the landscape I started the previous day, add more stuff to it, beat the hills a little more into shape, paint down some more ground textures, put up a few invisible fences. . .
<Keeper> . . .or much the same with a dungeon. String together some empty dungeon pieces like beads, put some stuff in them, troubleshoot for stuck-spots.
<Zyrca> I show up around 10a. Help lots of people get thier local builds up and running. Go eat lunch. Come back, code. Code. Sometimes there are meetings. Answer questions from other devs, code, etc :)
<Keeper> Then there are bugfix days. Fix the stuck-spot, fix the stuck-spot. Fixthestuckspotfixthestuckspot. . . .
<DelmarWynn> Don't forget the quacamole!
<Keeper> ooh, yes! :)
<DelmarWynn> ddowarcry: Have the devs considered adding a gladitorial style quest for solo play that is either pvp or pve with multiple waves of enemies and battles on a level system ie: more difficult after each completed battle?
<Keeper> If gladiatorial stuff involves guacamole, I’m so there!
<Torc_> Yes, we have considered piloting various types of arena style game play. Where players face superior foes as they win battle after battle. No promises as to when...
<Torc_> guacamole would be a new twist....
<DelmarWynn> You can never go wrong with quacamole. w00t!
<Eladrin> Paragon Kobold Assault! You know you want it!
<DelmarWynn> Kire: I was wondering if you could tell us what effects we will be able to add to items in the new raid and what monsters and mini-bosses we will be facing in the raid. Thanks Again!
<Keeper> . . .two ripe avocados, half a red onion, minced; two tablespoons cilantro leaves, finely chopped; one tablespoon of fresh lime juice; salt and pepper; one ripe tomato, chopped. . . oops, sorry :)
<Piloto> You will encounter some powerful new enemies in the M6 raid.
<Eladrin> Like Kasquik the Mighty!
<Piloto> Elite Bearded Devil Shock Troops will team up against you with
<Piloto> their Orthon Defenders backing them up.
<Piloto> Expect to fight against high-ranking commanders from Shavarath who will team up against your party and feed off of each others powers.
<Piloto> As for upgrading items, the Eldritch Devices found in the raid area will allow you to customize powerful items.
<Piloto> If you'd really like a +5 acid longsword that can summon an earth elemental, you just may be able to make one, if you work hard enough.
<Eladrin> And don't mess it up.
<DelmarWynn> Recovery: Can any of the Devs give us any more info on the new raid that has been hinted about on the forums for the upcoming Mod
<Torc_> The mod 6 raid is much larger in scope than our previous raids which were more of a single boss fight. It’s closer to tempest spine in this regard.
<Keeper> It has scenic overlooks!
<DelmarWynn> Lovers leap?
<Torc_> The players will face many challenges but will also have many chances to gain rewards. There are A LOT of rewards…..
<Quarion> Mod 6 is the most beautiful scenery I've seen in DDO!
<Glin> and and outdoor swimming pool
<Glin> well lots of water anyhow
<Quarion> with piranas.
<Quarion> Monster Profile coming soon
<Quarion> ;)
<Torc_> Bannas...
<DelmarWynn> DaveyCrockett: This one is more for Quarion/Tolero. I have to ask again - Where are the fansite kits? :)
<Quarion> Good question! We've currently introduced a "Fansite" section on our forums, and we're still developing it currently... go post your fansite!
<Quarion> As for a fansite kits, they're on my list of things to give you guys.
<Quarion> I know I said that about Splash Screen wallpapers... wait! they'll hopefully be up by the end of the week, and if not at the same time, new Avatars will follow shortly.
<DelmarWynn> Theadora: Will there be more expansions to the open areas or more open area added?
<Keeper> Indeed. :)
<Keeper> I’ve just put some finishing touches on the Vale of Twilight. It has, oh, swimmy bits, and some choice hang-gliding. Some monsters kind of made a mess of one corner of it. Also it has treehouse love. . .
<Keeper> Also about ten pounds of butterflies. No guacamole, though.
<DelmarWynn> arkohighstar: will you be limited to one custom bound raid item from the eldritch station or can you get more than one type of item
<Piloto> You will be able to make as many customized items as you like, but you'll need to earn each one that you get.
<Eladrin> We wouldn't want to prevent you from making a few different items for different situations.
<DelmarWynn> Yaga: When will Mod 6 be on Risia?
<Quarion> Mod 6 public areas and wilderness areas will be up on Risia this week!
<Keeper> Enjoy the hang-gliding!
<Quarion> With other content following later.
<DelmarWynn> And onto our final question of the night.
<DelmarWynn> Silthe: It must be rough having an entire department dedicated to picking apart all your hard work. Just what is your relationship with Quality Assurance like?
<Torc_> I gotta go...
<Eladrin> Hey, check out the time...
<Eldorudo> Oh, wow...
<Tolero> I think the...*amnesia dust in the face*
<Zyrca> MMMmmm, quacamole needs making ...
<Eladrin> LOOK! A KOBOLD!
<Quarion> YARK!
<Tolero> VAST AND MYSTERIOUS!
<Eldorudo> Well it isn't rough at all, in fact the relationship is quite good. QA is excellent for fetching us lunch, giving us backrubs and feeding us exotic fruit. Oh yeah, and for writing up bugs.
<Glin> wait...aren't you in the next room?
<Keeper> The squirt-gun battles are epic!
<Codog> They have photos of me... no comment.
<Keeper> QA tells me to fix stuck-spots. . . *sigh*
<Quarion> For those who think we're a bunch of jerks now... Silthe is head of DDO QA :) We're just teasing
<Keeper> :)
<Tolero> I wasn't.
<DelmarWynn> We would like to think all of the developers, Community Persons, and QA staff for taking the time to join us tonight. We will be posting a log shortly on http://ddo.warcry.com
* ddowarcry has joined #ddo
<Quarion> Thanks for coming out everyone! See you soon!
<Zyrca> Later, stay warm!
<Eldorudo> Thank you all for hanging out with us tonight. We can't wait until you get a chance to experience Mod 6! Until next time...
<Keeper> Enjoy your guacamole!
<Eladrin> Thanks for stopping by!
<Tolero> Night all! Take care and thanks for coming!

woodspider
12-12-2007, 08:52 PM
Looks like they avoided the guild housing/banking question. That realy bites.... Great job btw

Bladedge
12-12-2007, 08:59 PM
I know there had to be more questions ask that we want answers to but they just avoided them again. :mad:
This always happens when theres a chat like this, 1 or 2 nice answers, then a a long repeat of answers that have been mention on the fourms followed by stuff that are at the bottom of the players "we want to know list".

Serpent
12-12-2007, 09:00 PM
Hmm I just have nothing...

ArkoHighStar
12-12-2007, 09:07 PM
the biggest surprise news was the death penalty change other than that, mostly vague answers

jjflanigan
12-12-2007, 09:08 PM
I know there had to be more questions ask that we want answers to but they just avoided them again. :mad:
This always happens when theres a chat like this, 1 or 2 nice answers, then a a long repeat of answers that have been mention on the fourms followed by stuff that are at the bottom of the players "we want to know list".

True...but all of the questions asked were posed by community members to be asked of the Devs. Granted, they may cherry-pick the questions, but still, they are being submitted by us.

The information about being able to get multiple of the custom-built raid items if you want to invest the time is welcome news to me.

I'm very sad to hear they are caving in and changing the death penalty...and I really dislike that they are shrinking the item damage like that. I suppose they can just remove the enhancement line for item defense now since there's not really any point to it.

It seems like these two changes are "dumbing down" the game to make it more care-bear and remove the negative penalties from doing things wrong (i.e. getting killed, etc).

ArkoHighStar
12-12-2007, 09:15 PM
True...but all of the questions asked were posed by community members to be asked of the Devs. Granted, they may cherry-pick the questions, but still, they are being submitted by us.

The information about being able to get multiple of the custom-built raid items if you want to invest the time is welcome news to me.

I'm very sad to hear they are caving in and changing the death penalty...and I really dislike that they are shrinking the item damage like that. I suppose they can just remove the enhancement line for item defense now since there's not really any point to it.

It seems like these two changes are "dumbing down" the game to make it more care-bear and remove the negative penalties from doing things wrong (i.e. getting killed, etc).

from what I understood it looks like they just copied the one from LOTRO. A game I tried and dropped after 2 hours

Solstyse
12-12-2007, 09:16 PM
Did someone really ask " what a typical day for a dev?" I mean seriously????

But seriously ( ok that was serious ) good job on posting this but not nearly enough "ingame" questions. I like Fankits as much as the next guy/girl but I would of much rather heard about possible realse dates, level 20, archery bug fixes, diffrent armor looks ( non customizable kinds ) solo content, advertsing ( ok thats not an ingame question but come on now )

Nice job posting it although it was a bit hard to follow along, and always nice to see devs answering questions.

But alas I am drunk and *****y so will go now. Peace.

Mockduck
12-12-2007, 09:42 PM
I thought the most interesting stuff was about the death penalty changes and the fact that some of Mod 6 may be coming to Risia this week!

I just want to take issue with Quarion's reply about the Fan Site Listings section of the forum, where he suggests that people post there. You can't! At least I can't get it to work. There's no "post" button. I'm sure it's an oversight on Q's part, but I want to use that part of the forums.

DaveyCrockett
12-12-2007, 09:55 PM
I just want to take issue with Quarion's reply about the Fan Site Listings section of the forum, where he suggests that people post there. You can't! At least I can't get it to work. There's no "post" button. I'm sure it's an oversight on Q's part, but I want to use that part of the forums.

Not to mention that I asked about Fansite KITS, and his response was pretty much 'we added a new section, post your fansite' :confused: :confused: :confused:

Give me a FANSITE KIT and I will make a FANSITE!! lol

Twerpp
12-12-2007, 10:01 PM
Cool. Mod 6 sounds great, at least a hell of a lot more fun than the XP debt Im racking up in Abbott right now so please drop it soon!

ArkoHighStar
12-12-2007, 10:06 PM
Cool. Mod 6 sounds great, at least a hell of a lot more fun than the XP debt Im racking up in Abbott right now so please drop it soon!

so you would rather stand around waiting for a debuff to be removed?

Lorien_the_First_One
12-12-2007, 10:13 PM
That certainly doesn't look like a very long chat, not a lot of quesitons answered. How long did they give start to finish for that?

ArkoHighStar
12-12-2007, 10:17 PM
That certainly doesn't look like a very long chat, not a lot of quesitons answered. How long did they give start to finish for that?

about 8:10 to 9pm
they started taking questions way before
and sometimes it appeared lists of guacamole recipes were going to become the prime source of conversation:D

Twerpp
12-12-2007, 10:19 PM
If the new content is as cool as it sounds, yes.

Pellegro
12-12-2007, 10:43 PM
Hey thats exciting stuff! Mod 6 sounds really great, and kudos to the dev team for making an appearance to keep us all on the edge of our seats. (They realize what celebrities they are, right? =) )

Ok, now for my one constructive criticism point. The text in red, below, is of questionable wisdom. I fear major backlash and upsettedness from the playerbase. The logic presented is that XP loss is a bummer so they got rid of it ... but XP loss can be replaced. Item wear can *never* be replaced. It seems the idea is to get folks to use the Eldritch whatchamacallits to convert tradeable loot into bound loot, which in some ways will solve many of the issues the game has with overpowered toons. But I fear how this solution will be taken. <crosses fingers>

<Eladrin> Related to the death penalty: We've removed the XP penalty from death entirely, and replaced it with a system that deals some item wear to all equipped, non-stacking objects and applies a short duration debuff after resurrection.

ArkoHighStar
12-12-2007, 10:46 PM
Hey thats exciting stuff! Mod 6 sounds really great, and kudos to the dev team for making an appearance to keep us all on the edge of our seats. (They realize what celebrities they are, right? =) )

Ok, now for my one constructive criticism point. The text in red, below, is of questionable wisdom. I fear major backlash and upsettedness from the playerbase. The logic presented is that XP loss is a bummer so they got rid of it ... but XP loss can be replaced. Item wear can *never* be replaced. It seems the idea is to get folks to use the Eldritch whatchamacallits to convert tradeable loot into bound loot, which in some ways will solve many of the issues the game has with overpowered toons. But I fear how this solution will be taken. <crosses fingers>

agreed onlyt ime will tell whether we have people screaming for a return to xp debt

Xaxx
12-12-2007, 10:59 PM
thats their way of getting us to use the item bind thing and get more items out of circulation

ArkoHighStar
12-12-2007, 11:01 PM
thats their way of getting us to use the item bind thing and get more items out of circulation

that is exactly what it is for

Nightsun33
12-12-2007, 11:25 PM
<DelmarWynn> Yaga: When will Mod 6 be on Risia?
<Quarion> Mod 6 public areas and wilderness areas will be up on Risia this week!

Good to hear.

The sooner the mod is out on Risia for public testing, the sooner it will be out in production. :)

Cheg
12-13-2007, 12:56 AM
And the sooner the "uber" guilds will be on Risia to beat that new raid before anyone else! :D

Rog
12-13-2007, 02:16 AM
i been capped for what since G hold came out i dont might exp debt when i log back on some of its gone my itmes on the other hand i would find it hard to replace them since i dont buy from plat farmers and +4 fearsome mithal breastplates of silent moves i dont see many people puting this type of loot on ah if there like me they know they never find another one point keep the exp debt and leave my items alone please.
lunarsong

mgoldb2
12-13-2007, 02:46 AM
i been capped for what since G hold came out i dont might exp debt when i log back on some of its gone my itmes on the other hand i would find it hard to replace them since i dont buy from plat farmers and +4 fearsome mithal breastplates of silent moves i dont see many people puting this type of loot on ah if there like me they know they never find another one point keep the exp debt and leave my items alone please.
lunarsong

They are adding a solution for you if you thing that item so valuable you never want to part with it. Bind it to your self and it will never ever take perm damage again....

Lillitheris
12-13-2007, 04:56 AM
They are adding a solution for you if you thing that item so valuable you never want to part with it. Bind it to your self and it will never ever take perm damage again....

Do you think they will just allow you to bind all of your items? Nope, you probably have to grind for certain collectables to be able to bind a normal item. Mod6 is going to be such a grindfest :(

Oh, I almost forgot.

NO ****ING TEMPORARY DEBUFFS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad:

ArkoHighStar
12-13-2007, 04:58 AM
And the sooner the "uber" guilds will be on Risia to beat that new raid before anyone else! :D

just the public area and the outdoor area are going to be available

mgoldb2
12-13-2007, 05:02 AM
Do you think they will just allow you to bind all of your items? Nope, you probably have to grind for certain collectables to be able to bind a normal item. Mod6 is going to be such a grindfest :(

Acturally I would thing they would make it easy. Bind mean you cant trade it to your other chars, you cant give it to a friend or AH later if you no longer need it. There many downsides to binding a item. I know personally I proberly wont bind anything that not bound by default untill it goes under 50% perm damage (if they allow you too at that point).

ArkoHighStar
12-13-2007, 05:03 AM

Oh, I almost forgot.

NO ****ING TEMPORARY DEBUFFS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad:

no they will make it easy so that they are stuck on your chracter and you cannot sell them or hand them down to other characters when you get better equipment, or decide to reroll. The item repair enhancements will now be taken by everyone. If I want certain equipment I will farm to make it for that character.
My thought is they will be letting you in the future do this with regular loot but it will bind after you change it in any way. This is not a crafting system it is a get good items off the street system. The auction house will become the place where you go to get your base weapon you want to improve.

And yes I agree on the death penalty change, whatever people thought about xp debt, I think this solution is just another attempt to dumb this game down to LOTRO standards, and make the group play the game slowly. I will reserve final judgement until I see what the exact definition of "short" and "debuff" is. because if it is a baby effects of dolurrh for 5 minutes you can just leave my stone in your back pack for the rest of the quest

PhoenixFire31
12-13-2007, 05:34 AM

I for one am glad the raid will not be there. It will, with luck, make the mod last longer when it goes live.:)

Lorien_the_First_One
12-13-2007, 07:06 AM

And you also won't be able to sell it when you are L16 or L18 or L20 and there is something new that is more useful and thus the item is wasted.

PhoenixFire31
12-13-2007, 07:11 AM
And you also won't be able to sell it when you are L16 or L18 or L20 and there is something new that is more useful and thus the item is wasted.

But if it is say a +2 Vorpal Longsword, the plus does not matter. You don't use it because of damage, you use it to hit a 20. Same really for Banishing and Smiting which work on crits. Anything else is fluff that is not needed. I for one will be binding mine :).

Hendrik
12-13-2007, 08:12 AM

Not hardly.

Not putting the Quests in to avoid that. ONLY public and landscape, for now.

:)

BurnerD
12-13-2007, 08:28 AM
for those who can't wait

<Quarion> YARK!
<Tolero> VAST AND MYSTERIOUS!
<Eldorudo> Well it isn't rough at all, in fact the relationship is quite good. QA is excellent for fetching us lunch, giving us backrubs and feeding us exotic fruit. Oh yeah, and for writing up bugs.
<Glin> wait...aren't you in the next room?
<Keeper> The squirt-gun battles are epic!<Codog> They have photos of me... no comment.
<Keeper> QA tells me to fix stuck-spots. . . *sigh*
<Quarion> For those who think we're a bunch of jerks now... Silthe is head of DDO QA :) We're just teasing
<Keeper> :)
<Tolero> Night all! Take care and thanks for coming!

Now I know why the servers have been going down. Squirt Guns + Servers = Downtime .... :D

stockwizard5
12-13-2007, 08:36 AM

You mean the sooner the "uber" guilds will be on Risia to find exploits, not tell anyone, then use them live before anyone else :mad:

Rowanheal
12-13-2007, 08:51 AM
DDOcast: Hiya - thanks for having this. I'm wondering if any consideration is being done to allow players to customize their clothing? Or at the least give players a chance to change the colors of their armor, hats, robes, etc?
<Glin> We plan to introduce game systems in that allow players to modify some of their items.
<Eladrin> It will be tied in closely with the crafting system.

Does this mean my cries for PINK have been heard??? Is my dream of a PINK stormreach coming true?

MMMMMM PINK PINK PINK!!!!

Oh, and this death thing kinda bites!

See ya in Stormreach,

-R

Yaga_Nub
12-13-2007, 09:02 AM
Does this mean my cries for PINK have been heard??? Is my dream of a PINK stormreach coming true?

MMMMMM PINK PINK PINK!!!!

Oh, and this death thing kinda bites!

See ya in Stormreach,

-R

Sorry Rowan, if you read that more closely your PINK (which is actually Magenta on the forums) is still a long way off.

Rowanheal
12-13-2007, 09:06 AM
Sorry Rowan, if you read that more closely your PINK (which is actually Magenta on the forums) is still a long way off.

*cries*

But but but...PINK!

See ya in Stormreach,

-R

Litz
12-13-2007, 09:23 AM
Seems Keepers comments were of the school of comments I use.. Although he specializes in guacomole and I in Trebuchet.. Between the two I think we need more Trebuchet.. If we run out of guacomole we can always substitute jelly cakes..

Avenir
12-13-2007, 09:47 AM
Looks like they avoided the guild housing/banking question. That realy bites.... Great job btw
Disappointed too, thats the second time the guild housing question has been dodged, thanks for the chat script.

Taojeff
12-13-2007, 10:14 AM

Oh, I almost forgot.

Why, so people can use death to complete quests. Sorry this fix is great, death SHOULD HAVE A PENALTY. Stop trying to make this game easy and non-consequential.

bellack
12-13-2007, 10:24 AM

Why would you stand around waiting for it to be removed. Suck it up and move forward. There is nothing wrong with a little challange.

bellack
12-13-2007, 10:37 AM

I would prefer Items breaking more often. Stuff like Muckbane will not be as special now since I can just go bind a club have it bound to be and kill oozes with no fear of my weapon breaking. One of the biggest fears of fighting Oozes and slimes was their ability to damage our gear now that’s thrown out the window. Now there will be no thrill fighting slimes. And Rust Monsters are now boring as well. All gear should have a change to take permanet damge and break.

Ringlord
12-13-2007, 10:46 AM
Pellegro I take the part you put in red to mean that upon death your items currently equipped take damage that is repairable on top of the normal wear they take during use in the quest so you could find yourself needing to switch to a less damaged weapon sooner than normal during a quest to avoid broken weapons. It is not permanent damage. I believe this is the way it is done in WoW ( as much as people hate to see that name mentioned ) as well as the resurrection sickness that keeps your stats well down for 5 minutes after if you have to choose the release method only. At least here it sounds like they are making it a penalty for any death even if you use a shrine or get a rezz spell cast.

I see no problem with the current system myself, but the new one is nothing I am not used to already.

I like the fact we will be able to keep bound item from getting permanent damage, but I don't know about the part where we can have all items made into bound items so they can get the same benefit. I don't think perma damage happens all that often and I don't even have any item defense enhancements.

Grond
12-13-2007, 11:09 AM
agreed onlyt ime will tell whether we have people screaming for a return to xp debt

Of course they will. Nature of the beast... 3 months after mod 6 comes out we'll have people reminiscing about the good old days when death was 'just' xp loss, completely forgetting how many people complained about it. Just like the static loot changes... :)

Missing_Minds
12-13-2007, 12:16 PM

say that about any dragon scale made worn item. This mechanic just made those suck even worse on repair bills.

At least no more permiante damage.

ArkoHighStar
12-13-2007, 12:44 PM
say that about any dragon scale made worn item. This mechanic just made those suck even worse on repair bills.

At least no more permiante damage.
actually dragon items will no longer take any damage as they are bound so for those it is good news

moorewr
12-13-2007, 01:42 PM
actually dragon items will no longer take any damage as they are bound so for those it is good news

Iread this as: They'll take damage, but it will all be repairable.

Mad_Bombardier
12-13-2007, 01:43 PM
Iread this as: They'll take damage, but it will all be repairable [with no chance for permanent damage].Added the most important part. :)

moorewr
12-13-2007, 01:44 PM
Added the most important part. :)

Thanks. My clarification was, in retrospect, clear as mud. :)

ArkoHighStar
12-13-2007, 01:45 PM
Added the most important part. :)

correct so you can let them get to like 10% before you spend those relics and not worry, infact you could let them go all the way to zero and not worry

Lillitheris
12-13-2007, 01:53 PM
Why would you stand around waiting for it to be removed. Suck it up and move forward. There is nothing wrong with a little challange.

You call that a challenge? Somebody might consider eating 2 pounds of nails a challenge, too. It's not fun, but yeah, it sure is a challenge.

moorewr
12-13-2007, 02:07 PM
I predict:

There will be PUGS where the power gamers hang out by the water cooler waiting for the light tough of dolurrh to wear off. Just like peopled used to /death when they got negative levels... just like they used to sit and watch me cloud kill things..

And that will be no fun. I will the one saying "What are you waiting for? Come on!"

GeneralDiomedes
12-13-2007, 02:13 PM
I predict:

There will be PUGS where the power gamers hang out by the water cooler waiting for the light tough of dolurrh to wear off. Just like peopled used to /death when they got negative levels... just like they used to sit and watch me cloud kill things..

And that will be no fun. I will the one saying "What are you waiting for? Come on!"

I predict that people will just rebuff themselves and keep on trucking.

Seriously .. it just seems people don't want any penalty whatsoever .. lame.