PDA

View Full Version : Holy Mmo Batman!!!

Taojeff
12-12-2007, 08:12 PM
Blizzard just confirmed that they are working on a new MMO, could it be a Diablo MMO? That would be sweet.
Might it be a starcraft MMO?

How will it stack up to Bioware's MMO which could be KoTor or Fantasy based.

I just like to speculate hehe.

Mindspat
12-12-2007, 08:24 PM
Guitar Hero Online for the win!!

not.

Anyone seen the SouthPark episode called "Guitar Quero"? Good stuff. :)

captain1z
12-12-2007, 09:04 PM
Bethesda is working on an MMO

- speculation says it may be an elder scrolls MMO (that would be cool because ES: Oblivion should have been an MMO or at the least multiplayer)

- star trek is working on an MMO but the 1st expansion is starfleet academy and you wont leave earth until the next expansion..lame

- blizzard wont likely dip into the MMO fantasy pot again with WOW still around but sci-fi with starcraft maybe or maybe wow 2 with better graphics. Not likely. I dont think part 2's work in MMO world. EQ1 is doing better than EQ2

- still in the works are DC & Marvels MMO's but they may never see daylight....I think the moment has passed

Ninety
12-12-2007, 09:14 PM
I have a friend that worked for blizzard, diablo 3 was supposed to be in the works last year when he was with them.

Solstyse
12-12-2007, 09:43 PM
All the newer MMORPG's are weak anyways. They've taken away, grinding, trains, xp loss, level loss. Leveling is easier, items are overly powerful and too easy to get, healing pots are everywhere, everyone can solo, dungeons are pourly designed, everything is instanced now, quest givers have big arrows pointing to them saying "talk to him " , in game maps, spell specifics, items specifics. just to name a few of the "improvements" we've seen over the last few years.

Where is the challenge anymore? When is a good old school game with new school flavor coming out? I will never play another Blizzard game, I can beat 90% of it with one hand while watching TV and drunk. Where's the strategy. I might be all old and stuff but I like my games overly challegining, if you can get to max level in a month is it really worth playing??

Shaamis
12-13-2007, 06:41 AM
I have three words for you....

Age of Conan.

EinarMal
12-13-2007, 06:57 AM

Age of Conan.

Maybe....from what I have read the combat system wasn't working out as well as they were hyping it and was a major reason for the most recent delay. I've become very cautious when it comes to these super hyped games. It might turn out great but...

Shaamis
12-13-2007, 09:21 AM
It's an experimental combat, which has issues, but at least it's not point-and-click-watch-the-action-click-when-it-recharges-combat.

The combination of features they are purporting, combined with a well-known, but relatively un-charted campaign setting, makes for an MMO with almost limitless possibilities.

Also, since there is no combat system AoC has to "mimic", they can feel free to tailor it to their exact tatse.

All i have to say is, DDO better have a gigantic "ace" up their sleeve, or the population will take a giant nosedive, during that first month of April.

102 days till AoC

EinarMal
12-13-2007, 09:27 AM
It's an experimental combat, which has issues, but at least it's not point-and-click-watch-the-action-click-when-it-recharges-combat.

The combination of features they are purporting, combined with a well-known, but relatively un-charted campaign setting, makes for an MMO with almost limitless possibilities.

Also, since there is no combat system AoC has to "mimic", they can feel free to tailor it to their exact tatse.

All i have to say is, DDO better have a gigantic "ace" up their sleeve, or the population will take a giant nosedive, during that first month of April.

102 days till AoC

It probably depends on why you are here really. If it is for an MMO that has an active combat system then AOC is probably worth checking out.

I play mainly for the D&D ruleset which I really like, the combat system is great as well but I would actually play the game with WOW style combat (would probably not like it as well although I didn't mind it that much and it is more active than people give it credit for at high levels where you are using mostly special attacks).

Dariun
12-13-2007, 09:46 AM
Leveling is easier, items are overly powerful and too easy to get, healing pots are everywhere, everyone can solo, dungeons are pourly designed, everything is instanced now, quest givers have big arrows pointing to them saying "talk to him " , in game maps, spell specifics, items specifics. just to name a few of the "improvements" we've seen over the last few years.

That stuff all sounds great (except for the poorly designed dungeons)! :p

I don't need entertainment that annoys the heck out of me. I have a job...

Dariuss
12-13-2007, 10:56 AM

102 days till AoC

i heard the same thing when Vanguard was coming out..... and we all know what happened there. (not to mention NWN2)

I am interested to see Bioware's MMO though... they have such a godo track record that it's definitely worth keeping an eye on

Shaamis
12-13-2007, 11:10 AM
i heard the same thing when Vanguard was coming out..... and we all know what happened there. (not to mention NWN2)

I am interested to see Bioware's MMO though... they have such a godo track record that it's definitely worth keeping an eye on

I agree with you Dariuss, we did hear all that with Vangard, and I tried it, but found the combat system interesting witht eh special attacks, but ultimately boring, because i couldn't speed it up or improve it in any way.

But I do have to say, no MMO can survive the company buyout--->refocus core resources--->dump previous institutions ideas for yours combo.

Isnt that what killed SWG (never played), and Vangard (played up to level 12 and dumped it)?

I just hope it doesn't happen to DDO/AoC

Beherit_Baphomar
12-13-2007, 11:12 AM

Age of Conan.

AoC needs to steal DDO's combat, then I might be interested.

Oreg
12-13-2007, 11:18 AM
AoC needs to steal DDO's combat, then I might be interested.

Agreed. DDO may have the best combat system out there. Although I have to say I loved Conjunctions in Lotro. Ingenious.