PDA

View Full Version : Coin drop rate questions

Big_Russ
12-12-2007, 07:44 AM
Devs,

It is obvious that the drop rate on coins is MUCH MUCH lower than last year. Last year there was at least one in every chest (or ALMOST every chest at least) and sometimes multiple coins for the same character in chests. This year it seems most people are averaging one coin every 3 or 4 chests. Is this as intended?

Also, some people are convinced coin type is tied to chest level. Is this correct? Do I have a higher chance of getting a gold coin from a level 15 or 16 chest than a level 3 chest?

This really isn't meant as a discussion thread--that is going on elsewhere. I would really like a response from a dev as it may clear up many discussions.

Thanks,

Russ

brshelton
12-12-2007, 07:48 AM
Are you honestly upset about drop rate? I did probably 7 Gwylan's run got about 30 chests and 1 gold 3 silver and 18 copper. I think thats pretty darn good for 30-45 minutes of work.

Big_Russ
12-12-2007, 07:51 AM
Are you honestly upset about drop rate? I did probably 7 Gwylan's run got about 30 chests and 1 gold 3 silver and 18 copper. I think thats pretty darn good for 30-45 minutes of work.

Good for you. Did I say I was upset? Can't I just as a question without getting flamed?

brshelton
12-12-2007, 07:52 AM
Not flaming just pointing out that your point isn't valid and the drop rate is fine.

Big_Russ
12-12-2007, 07:53 AM
And WHAT point am I trying to make? I asked a question. I didn't make a statement about how I felt.

Thanks for the continued flames.

Vespis
12-12-2007, 07:56 AM
He is asking for clarification on the *percieved* reduction in drop rate and if it is actual, intended, or a byproduct of too much Egg nog.

He is asking if coin type is tied to chest level.

I don't really see a problem....Maybe because I'm new I'm not as.....edgey?

brshelton
12-12-2007, 07:58 AM
Gotcha. Even if there was a decrease in the drop rate it is still obscenely high imo. Ransack a Tap run or Gwylan's then tell me its low.

Big_Russ
12-12-2007, 07:58 AM
Wow. Somebody who actually reads posts and thinks before responding. Thanks, Vespis.

Dane_McArdy
12-12-2007, 08:14 AM
Nm

Jhoran
12-12-2007, 08:20 AM
7 gwylans runs in 30-45 minutes?

4-6 minutes per run?

you must have a strategy i'm not aware of!

Hendrik
12-12-2007, 08:26 AM
Happy with the drop rates myself. in maybe a hour of normal play, 6c, 2s, 1g.

It's like every other loot drop thread. Don't have one or don't have a bunch of something by now, so it's broke.

Will have much better luck getting this question answered via a PM to a CS rep then here.

Arianrhod
12-12-2007, 08:46 AM
Yes, drop rates may have gone down.

I think that is fine considering that people are saying how much they have left over from last year.

The treats do put some extra power in our hands. Beholder cookies will be great for Fleshmakers, for everyone, don't you think? Mana free instant death? mana free ball lightening? Flesh to stone? And all the other effects?

I think last year, Turbine over compensated. After all there was some question if festivult would have come back this year. Seems to me it was TOO much last year.

OK, fine. I'm happy with the treats being a little extra something that people who aren't doing constant speed runs won't have very many of. HOWEVER, that is only if, once the festival is over, characters are not expected to all carry their own raise dead & flesh to stone cakes, and shunned if they don't happen to have them. It's bad enough when people get upset if a level 7 character doesn't happen to have feather falling boots :P

CSFurious
12-12-2007, 01:02 PM
but, the jester already announced that starting tomorrow, he will be more generous with coins

Not flaming just pointing out that your point isn't valid and the drop rate is fine.

brshelton
12-12-2007, 04:40 PM
the trick for gwylans is you dont complete it you just run to chests and grab them. dont kill anything.

Emili
12-12-2007, 05:16 PM
the trick for gwylans is you dont complete it you just run to chests and grab them. dont kill anything.

LOL, they'll start locking them in the next update since you're exploiting.

Anyway, yes it is a lower drop rate then last year, and I'm not sure chest level matters? I pulled 18 coppers out of 22 runs of the orchard last night - guessing bout 100 level 10 chests? I did make quite a bit of cash from the loot I pulled only to turn around and bid in the AH, but all in all general feeling in the guild is the drop rate is substantially lower than last year. Really, I guess makes not much of a difference as everyone is in the same boat... I suppose it will place a higher value on coins or treats market for the AH.

brshelton
12-12-2007, 06:14 PM
they are locked you have to kill the nameds obviously but thats 1 fireball

dragonofsteel2
12-12-2007, 06:24 PM

OK you feel the drop rate is fine, but 7 runs in gwalyns does not prove nothing. Do over 20 runs in the orchard and tons other quest. Get 0 that is right zero gold coins over all them runs, fudge don't even pick up the coppers any way just junk. They should not even brought the dam think out the drop rate is so pathetic, if pulled one next chest still averaging less then 1%. Right now 0% on the gold lol. Guess what I have ransacked couple the orchard chest lol.

Wait I might get a rez cake that to dam powerful to hand out couple them, lol at the rate they dropping its easier to get a rez ring that you can use every rest shrine. The death ward cake nice, **** just run tangle-root couple time have one clickie ever rest shrine. The spells on the or a novelty nothing else. Oh no we better ship out this at really slow rate, people might be running around 50 candy cands that can not use in a real fight because they or so dam slow. ))) Really do not think coins make that much difference, but would gave some fun for week seeing the different items they added. Now it just really gave one day before really do not care about something suppose to be treat for the holidays.

sparkling_diamond_l
12-12-2007, 07:01 PM
Devs,

Also, some people are convinced coin type is tied to chest level. Is this correct? Do I have a higher chance of getting a gold coin from a level 15 or 16 chest than a level 3 chest?

Russ

I got 2 gold coins from 2 different chests in one level 4 quest.....I think it's fairly random.

GuitarHero
12-13-2007, 12:48 AM
i gots a cupcake!!!!

that is all....

Big_Russ
12-13-2007, 07:19 AM
I guess devs also thought coin drop rate was low. Good for them!

I got 2 gold coins from 2 different chests in one level 4 quest.....I think it's fairly random.

That is what I suspect, but I keep hearing people insist otherwise. It would be nice to have an official clearing of the air on this question.