PDA

View Full Version : Devs, End reward system seriously needs rethinking

Galacticus
12-11-2007, 05:21 PM
You adjusted the end reward system in such a matter and lowered the loot table that it makes quests
unfulfilling. Think about it you run for 45 min with a group savoring the end reward open 2 chests and get
nothing. Where's the fun in that. If you want to shut down the game just do so. Sabotaging the loot tables
and loot system doesn't balance the game it makes the game unfulfilling. There's no reward for wasted time.

Also, listening to a couple of people who heckle on the message boards is not a wise thing to do. They are
not the majority but a pimple on a flea of a minority. Take a poll before you make changes. You spam us
enough with other things, a poll is not going to hurt.

sincerely,

Beloved Player and Turbine Investor

Dariuss
12-11-2007, 05:27 PM
um

so you want them to listen to you, but not someone else?

sounds like a situation of 'you can't please everyone all the time'

arminius
12-11-2007, 05:32 PM
They did? Says who?

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have slept through an anouncment of "We're going to lower the loot tables."

We already have knock-down/drag-outs on the boards over some of the most piddly minutia imaginable. "We're lowering the loot tables"? In this environment that would be like an 11 on the Richter scale, wouldn't it?

Maybe they are lower compared to the +1 loot weekends?

_

Jhoran
12-11-2007, 06:19 PM
huh?

wait.

oh.

what?

tihocan
12-12-2007, 11:47 AM
Hmm, let's see, what did they do about loot:
- quest end rewards are better than what they used to be
- quest end rewards are no longer necessarily based on class
- chest loot hasn't been modified

Impaqt
12-12-2007, 11:51 AM
Its amazing how irate some people get when they have a few days of bad rolls.

COmes with the system....

My rogue scored 6 98k Items last night..... All of them Useless..... thems the breaks.....

DasLurch
12-12-2007, 07:25 PM
I still think at some point that some of the named loot from quests should havea small chance of dropping as an end reward for that quest. Just my 2cp, but I hate when my dice break too. OP, here's hoping that they get better by the weekend...

captain1z
12-12-2007, 07:51 PM
I get the feeling the OP is commenting on raid end loot.

To this I say:

- every raid I ran before the change I walked away with nothing from the end chest.

- I have run the reaver 6 times since the change and 6 times I have pulled "named" loot from that chest

- I realize that this is extreme luck and not the norm.....but based on my experience the change has been a good thing

- Having said this Im sure I will now pull master work from now on as Ihave jinxed myself.

Jaywade
12-12-2007, 08:14 PM
have no clue what the op is thinking....... unless he's of the the sort that think everyone has 4 different copies of the "power 5" and everyone is wearing +5 mithril FP ...not everyone is ....and I don't think the loot has been affected .. unless of course you use to short man all the raids...othen than that it's fine and no changes have been made