PDA

View Full Version : Extremely Annoying Bug

Kaldaka
12-09-2007, 01:51 PM
I just wanted to vent and this seemed to be a good outlet. Why don't the Silver Flame representatives in the various taverns cure negative levels with their Restorations? I remember when it used to work months ago. So there is either a bug, or the Restoration that the Silver Flame representative is giving is only a Lesser Restoration. If the latter is the case, then it is false advertising and the purchase list needs to be updated to say, "Lesser Restoration - 300 gp". If it is the former, please fix the bug.

Thanks and have a good day.

Cheg
12-09-2007, 01:53 PM
Me and my wife have been stood in the same tavern, with the same favor, at the same level, both with negative levels. I spoke to the silver flame rep to remove mine, and nothing happened. She spoke to him, and boom they're gone. I couldn't explain it either.

Kaldaka
12-09-2007, 03:42 PM
Yeah, the character I usually get neg. levels and try to remove at tavern has enough favor to have the "Blessing of the Silver Flame" so it is definitely NOT a favor issue.

Mad_Bombardier
12-09-2007, 04:33 PM
I would like Restoration properly marked Lesser Restoration, or upgraded to remove negative levels. In the meantime, negative levels are removed by Tavern Regen at a rate of 1 per minute.

Arnya
12-09-2007, 04:40 PM
Neg levels disappear in a tavern, at the rate of one level per skill/clicky/dv reset. Not required to pay for it :)

Kaldaka
12-09-2007, 06:58 PM
The main issue is if I get 5 neg levels from running around the Orchard solo, I have to wait in the tavern for 5 mins to get rid of them all.

As I said, this bug is annoying, and yes there are ways to get around it. Usually there are some Player Character Clerics in tavern who if asked nicely would be glad to get rid of the negative levels. But that's not really the point now, is it?

In addition, I remember months ago that the tavern restoration used to get rid of the negative levels. Was it nerfed or something?

Silthe
12-10-2007, 02:19 PM
It's a bug, the Restoration you pay for should remove all negative levels. This is something we've known about for a little bit and it should be fixed fairly soon. Keep checking the WDA's for updates on this issue.

~Silthe

Missing_Minds
12-10-2007, 02:30 PM
It's a bug, the Restoration you pay for should remove all negative levels. This is something we've known about for a little bit and it should be fixed fairly soon. Keep checking the WDA's for updates on this issue.

~Silthe

I hate to say this but.. "for a little bit" Please define "little". As a player I've known about this one from friends for MONTHS.

Beherit_Baphomar
12-10-2007, 02:45 PM
I hate to say this but.. "for a little bit" Please define "little". As a player I've known about this one from friends for MONTHS.

Soon (TM)

Kerr
12-10-2007, 02:59 PM

It's hardly game breaking, when in the Tavern just ask if a Cleric can give you a Restoration. When I'm around with my Cleric I throw all kinds of healing spells in taverns.

ArkoHighStar
12-10-2007, 03:16 PM
yes but one the scale of game breaking bugs how high does it rate, they could have known about it since it was introduced but decided in the grand scheme of things it was lower priority, hence the term annoying. The fact that annoying bugs are now getting looked at means they have squashed a lot of the game breaking bugs

DasLurch
12-10-2007, 03:24 PM
Soon (TM)

HA!

This is something that has been around since Gianthold came into being from what I understand. i too am hoping SOON translates to at least Mod 6.