PDA

View Full Version : Level 3 wizards unable to cast 2nd lvl spells?

Eldryn
12-08-2007, 02:44 AM
Today I have come across a wonderful issue with wizards. According to the DDO manual, level 3 wizards should be able to cast (4) first level spells, and (2) second level spells. Currently, one of my wizard characters is level 3 rank 11 and should be able to cast (4) first level spells and (2) second level spells. I have all the second level spells inscribed, and I also have a stack of (1000) level 2 spell components. At the moment of posting this thread, I am standing in a tavern waiting for a GM to answer my ticket, and I cannot select any spells whatsoever from my level 2 spell list. I am completely unable to view my level 2 spells that I have inscribed, and am unable to select any level 2 spells to be memorized. Has anyone else ever expierienced this? And, by the way, if you GM's are reading this, please have a look at my ticket. Veldoreth, Sarlona server.

Cowdenicus
12-08-2007, 03:43 AM
yes if your int is 11 or less.

Eldryn
12-08-2007, 07:51 AM
Thx for pointing that out, however the intelligence on this character is at 23. Max int for drow of 20 at creation, then have a +2 puzzle cap, and elf intelligence enhancement of +1, grand total of 23. Should be plenty high enough to cast level 2 spells I would imagine.

Strakeln
12-08-2007, 08:18 AM
yes if your int is 11 or less.I made a (failed) attempt at a WD Barbarian/Wizard. First time I tried to cast spells, I found out my int was too low :D

Cowdenicus
12-08-2007, 03:13 PM
Thx for pointing that out, however the intelligence on this character is at 23. Max int for drow of 20 at creation, then have a +2 puzzle cap, and elf intelligence enhancement of +1, grand total of 23. Should be plenty high enough to cast level 2 spells I would imagine.

I was just trying to help, had that issue come up with my pally the other day....

GHOSTRYDER
12-08-2007, 03:19 PM
did you try logging out and back in?

Pfamily
12-08-2007, 04:15 PM
What happens when you try to inscribe a lvl 2 spell?

Also, silly question, you did take your lvl 2 spells when you levelled-up, didn't ya?

Eldryn
12-09-2007, 01:36 PM
I inscribed all the level 2 spell scrolls when I was level 1, and had success each time with each spell. When I levelled up, I was unable to choose two second level spells, because I already had them all inscribed. Just to make sure, I went and got another level 2 spell scroll and some level 2 inscription components and tried to inscribe the spell. It said I already knew that spell. Finally, I ended up logging out and then back in and that remedied the problem. Very weird bug. Oh well, but thanks to everyone who offered help! :)