PDA

View Full Version : Guild Chat Issue

Cupcake
12-07-2007, 11:07 AM
I really do need some help with this issue.

I repeatedly find that when I log in then talk in guild chat, no one sees what I am saying.

I end up having to send tells to people in guild, leave the guild, then rejoin for the guild chat to work.

I have tried logging out, exiting out then re-entering none of which work.

This issue doesn't affect all of my characters, just a couple of them.

Is there anything that can be done?

KoboldKiller
12-07-2007, 11:43 AM
My wife has been having the same problem.

GHOSTRYDER
12-07-2007, 11:48 AM
seen this problem too

Jundak
12-07-2007, 11:52 AM
Yep. This has happened to me several times, as well...just not in the last week for some reason.

It affected all of my characters, though. I bug reported it about 2 1/2 weeks ago, though. My tracker says the ticket is still open...

Borrigain
12-07-2007, 12:13 PM
Also had this happen several times,

but,

how I seemed to fix it was exiting the game and logging back in on another toon. Then say "hello" (or something) in guild chat, then logging out and bringing back in desired toon.

I know it seems kind of time consuming, but it did alleviate the fear that "no one" in the guild luv'd me anymore. :D

Hopefully that will help some,
Borr.

Edit: oh, and i found that if you can't do general chat, you get an error (like say in marketplace) you have the guild chat prob too and need to reload.

Cupcake
12-07-2007, 12:14 PM
That figures.

Manassas! How is Manassas?

I lived in Falls Church forr 20 years. Got tired of Route 66 LOL

Cupcake
12-07-2007, 12:15 PM
Also had this happen several times,

but,

how I seemed to fix it was exiting the game and logging back in on another toon. Then say "hello" (or something) in guild chat, then logging out and bringing back in desired toon.

I know it seems kind of time consuming, but it did alleviate the fear that "no one" in the guild luv'd me anymore. :D

Hopefully that will help some,
Borr.

I will give that a try Borr. And that is exactly how I feel LOL. They are all getting tired of readding me to the guild LOL.

Bekki
12-07-2007, 01:13 PM
That figures.

Manassas! How is Manassas?

I lived in Falls Church forr 20 years. Got tired of Route 66 LOL

Falls Chruch???

I lived in Alexandria for a while,
I was working in Pax River. :D

Borrigain
12-07-2007, 01:24 PM
Hey Cup,

Are you on Vista or XP? I use XP so my idea has worked for me. However, if it's Vista it's some kind of port problem. Cow had the same problem and there are at least 2 threads today dealing with it. If it don't work, give one of them a look. Hopefully that will solve it for you.

borr.

here's one: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=129113

Caelan
12-07-2007, 01:25 PM
i see this issue specifically when i have logged in on one character, logged out but left the client running for some time, and log back in again. OR if i am changing toons often.

our fix has always been to restart the client. logging in and out on a different toon never worked for me. only restarting the client does.

it happens regularly to 3 of us in guild and go figure, we are the ones who will often log on, log off and go do something else, and log back on without restarting the client.

or... it is targeting people from the No. VA area as up until 3 yrs ago i lived in Alexandria and before that in Herndon. Government contract work, but few there do anything else. my fondest memory... okay... maybe not fondest, but the one that sticks in my mind the most is being in standstill traffic on Rt 66 at 3am. no, not construction. one lane was closed going towards DC (we were heading away) and there were that many rubbernecking and congestion delays. i do not miss that part but it was a nice place to live regardless of the traffic. :)

binnsr
12-07-2007, 01:30 PM
Yep. This has happened to me several times, as well...just not in the last week for some reason.

It affected all of my characters, though. I bug reported it about 2 1/2 weeks ago, though. My tracker says the ticket is still open...

Hey Cup,

Are you on Vista or XP? I use XP so my idea has worked for me. However, if it's Vista it's some kind of port problem. Cow had the same problem and there are at least 2 threads today dealing with it. If it don't work, give one of them a look. Hopefully that will solve it for you.

borr.

here's one: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=129113
No! Don't give this kind of info to Jundak!! We all get waaay too much enjoyment from booting him repeatedly to 'fix' his guild chat problem for him to find a solution now!

Borrigain
12-07-2007, 01:33 PM
No! Don't give this kind of info to Jundak!! We all get waaay too much enjoyment from booting him repeatedly to 'fix' his guild chat problem for him to find a solution now!

Crud! Sorry binnsr, I didn't get the TPS Report memo in time. :D

Jundak, disregard everything everyone has said, we were just yankin' your chain. :D

Borr.